• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for late replies. Prepped myself for bed where I am lying now. Typos may happen ;)
I'm sorry freshveggie. I'm just kind of bad at the game. I'd feel extra self-conscious. Nothing against you. You're awesome.
Nah, don't feel like that man. I'm sure I suck way more than you. Just last time DS3 slipped of my hands and I attacked my pyro teacher. Had to kill him ;(
Would really enjoy watching and I'll try to be nice.
It's a game where you fly a plane and blow up other planes and rack up score.
Can confirm flying planes and blowing up of each other. You do collect money and xp which unlocks ranks, jets and weapons
I thought it was .50 minimum?
Became careless and assumed my currency to be the only one. Euro I meant. 34cents which will give a steam key as well is a super deal for this.
first one looks exactly the same to me
Give your hands some rest. ;)

Shadownet

Banned
I just got home from watching American Sniper. Such an amazing movie. It's so intense and exhausting to see what he went through.

My favorite movie of 2015 so far. Though I doubt I can ever watch it again.

Not on Steam. but I just lost > 4 hours into my first "real" session of Elite Dangerous.

Man, when the real Oculus comes out, Elite could be really something else.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
well i have been meaning to buy prescriptionless glasses for a while :p

goes to show that the better days of saoirse are over

no.

101113-google-glass-toronto-instyle-1-400.jpg

Because of the google news, right?

Milamber

Voted.

But I still think I'm going to get the Vita versions, though. There's nothing quite like playing a good story in bed, with the screen close to your face.

You can't get the 18+ stuff on Vita.

EDIT: I've been neglecting Steam for a while now. Building my Gundams and new Winter 2014 anime season is taking all of my time.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
It seems today is my 10th Steam anniversary. And on this day, I passed the 1500 games mark.

Congrats, what was the 1500th game? Just a heads up, the only problem is that bundles will start having more repeats.

I'm back.

After a very hectic work + school schedule plus a sickly body, I have to request a ban to keep me focused on the things I should do.
Steam related stuff that I did during my self-induced ban:
-Watched a brave man stream NSFW Nekopara
-Bought all the Ys games + some anime games
-Deleted Nekopara after attempting to play through a NSFW scene
-Finished 3/5 of the routes in If my Heart had wings
-Died like a bitch while playing Ys I

Yeah, I'll pick up Nekopara for the +1, but it doesn't really interest me as a game.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Resident Evil / biohazard HD REMASTER -- MB-EA11209BF2989DA5 - Taken by AHA-Lambda. 61 entrants total.

t1421567784z1.png

Yeah, I'll pick up Nekopara for the +1, but it doesn't really interest me as a game.

To be fair to Nekopara, the aesthetics and overall presentation of the game was superb (compared to the usual VN style). It isn't a generic guy saves the world story and has a general feel good story. Aside from the creep sister,
and the sex with your pets / catgirls
, it is generally tame and lighthearted VN. Too bad I'm not into bestiality so I have to drop it.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, really excellent game. I was surprised at how good the plot was, along with the little snippets of internal monologue from BJ Blazkowicz.

We could do with him in tomorrow's EU4 session!

- Are we ready to fire, Blazkowicz?

- Yeah, we're ready

*industrial music*

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've been suffering from regular BSODs lately that appear to be pointing to a CPU issue, so last night I tried running Prime95 to see what the temps get up to when the CPU isn't sitting at 1.6GHz or whatever the lowest speedstep... step is and saw the core temps climb to around 100 degrees. Figuring that was the problem, I closed Prime95 and left for work... only I didn't close Prime95 completely and so for about 7 hours my CPU was running at 100 degrees -- but my PC didn't crash. I get the feeling I'll be upgrading sooner than planned. :(

no.

101113-google-glass-toronto-instyle-1-400.jpg

Because of the google news, right?

Gold star!

I stumbled upon my Deus Ex HR Augmented Edition extras on my secondary HDD, (I routinely forget about the Steam "tools" section) that includes the OST, my god what an incredible soundtrack, it's inspired me to start a new play through tomorrow.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Have you considered investing in watercooling?

I am toying with the idea of replacing my NH-D14 with CoolerMaster's Nepton 280L. I'll try reapplying some thermal paste and reseating the D14, though, because if my temps drop back to normal levels yet the BSODs persist then there's no point in me buying a watercooling kit in the here and now.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Gift #4 -- MB-06BB6EEB2C35E916 - Taken by cardinalmind
Mystery Gift #3 -- MB-4864E598B4F2B5A6 - Taken by Tesseract
Mystery Gift #2 -- MB-437F92D81A9A81D6 - Taken by Speevy
Mystery Gift -- MB-F5FD0B4EB68CA322 - Taken by Sarcasm - Taken by NightmareTrigger

Sarcasm

Same question here -- the page clearly says "Redeem this game on [Steam Greenlight Logo]"

But does that mean something different from 'Steam'?

It means you'll get a key when the game is greenlit.

Sky Rogue has the GL icon and mentions itt, but the supposedly addon content which is actually another game built on sky rogue called los ceurvos doesn't.

Which I think means it won't be on steam. Bought both anyways. Sky rogue from IGS and los cuervos from the main site.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
It was Resident Evil. Not too bad.

But yeah, I'm buying less and less bundles because of the repeats.

RE is a good choice. Glad you are at least partially enjoying it.

That's because it is not a game. It's a Kinetic Visual Novel.

It really is the subject matter that I don't find appealing.

To be fair to Nekopara, the aesthetics and overall presentation of the game was superb (compared to the usual VN style). It isn't a generic guy saves the world story and has a general feel good story. Aside from the creep sister,
and the sex with your pets / catgirls
, it is generally tame and lighthearted VN. Too bad I'm not into bestiality so I have to drop it.

Well it's nice to hear that they went with something more substantial than the standard VN story, but the spoiler portion of your text is what I'm not interested in.

What is this exactly? Will it be with steam?

Same question here -- the page clearly says "Redeem this game on [Steam Greenlight Logo]"

But does that mean something different from 'Steam'?

From the description, it sounds like it's sort of a multiplayer arena battle mode based off of the Sky Rogue source, made for a Game Jam. While Sky Rogue will get a Steam key upon release, it's highly doubtful that Los Cuervos will get a Steam key too, since it sounds more tech-demoy.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Super Killer Hornet Resurrection -- MB-F5FD0B4EB68CA322 - Taken by Sarcasm

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
aw yeah, I was dunderstruck!

Guess I will be playing GTA V in march after all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom