• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phawx

This looks really awesome. Very tense. I like it.

Never was a fan of push-puzzlers or platformers but JumJet Rex looks pretty solid I have to say.

guys, Pushcat is fun, that is all.
[

Pushcat is really good

Squirreltopia is so damn charming, and pretty challenging on the hard difficulty. Already got the Squirrelcide achievement around 2-2 :/
Thanks again Phawx, I would have overlooked it if not for the giveaway.

Np.

Corpekata

Banned
Umh, someone can explain me how achievements works in Valkyria Chronicles?

I completed chapter 9 and the game unlocked three achievements:

Gallian Medal of Honor
The Lance of Gallia
The Crimson Heart

In that mission I've only stopped a tank, and looking at other people on my friend list those achievements should be unlocked before chapter 9.
This could be due to the fact I played offline?
Maybe the game does a check everytime a new achievement unlocks, just like Dementium 2?
For example Marco has those achievements but he didn't beat chapter 9 yet.

They changed the way the achievements trigger. On launch they only triggered when going into certain menus. Now they unlock when you earn them.

Some are also only earned after you can start earning medals, and I think that might be roughly in the area you're at, but can't remember off the top of my head.

Monooboe

I'm starting to wish I didn't buy a 970 and a PSU to go with it... I've been trying to re-ignite my passion for games for a long time with little if any success. I thought maybe having a gaming PC and getting into Steam would do it, but after 2 months of owning it I still haven't played a single game for any significant length of time and I'm struggling to force myself to do so. And I have all the free time in the world. It's sad. I'm thinking maybe I should sell it and cut my losses :(

I have long periods where it's like that, then suddenly I try the right game for the right mood and I'm hooked! Don't sell your stuff, just keep trying whatever you want to try whenever you want to try it. Also try and find games that are good to be played for short periods, I find those games good games to play when i don't really want to play anything. Rogue Legacy was like that for me and right now Binding of Isaac Rebirth is doing it for me.

cedd722838.gif

Happy birthday!

Squirreltopia is so damn charming, and pretty challenging on the hard difficulty. Already got the Squirrelcide achievement around 2-2 :/
Thanks again Phawx, I would have overlooked it if not for the giveaway.

LOL. I got that achievement at 1-6 on easy. Because I absolutely suck at platformers.

You'll see.
You'll see.

I fail to see the appeal of Driving Places & Being An Asshole Simulator 2014. I'm not sure GAF can be trusted on this matter.
I know most people on GAF would swallow anything "Open World", but I've been told Rockstar is the best in making open world games. Besides, it would take a while to wait for GTA5 to go below 30, jumping in now seems like a good idea.

gta5 is fun, don't listen to the clowns who say otherwise
Where's your avatar?

Why? Is it bad? In my life I only enjoyed and completed Vice City (because it reminded me Miami Vice and Scarface, lol), I tried to play GTA4 but I had many issues and the game won't work, I tried San Andreas and I got bored after 4 hours or so.

Vice City is also the only GTA I played (and still own, for PS2, didn't finish it though), wasn't interested in previous or subsequent entries, but have to say the hype for V is getting to me.

In Vice City I mostly just enjoyed driving around and listening to the radio stations.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Ya, but then you have to beat the majority of the game in NG++ to get the spell achievements.

From made getting 100% a grind in Dark Souls II.
All you have to do is get the door to the castle open which can be cheesed by abusingeasy bosses with the bonfire ascetic till you meet the soul memory requirements. That should only take a fraction of the time. Pretty much the same as starting DS1 in NG++ to grab the last miracle and soul of Sif/crafting it in Anor Londo.

Vice City is also the only GTA I played (and still own, for PS2, didn't finish it though), wasn't interested in previous or subsequent entries, but have to say the hype for V is getting to me.

In Vice City I mostly just enjoyed driving around and listening to the radio stations.

GTAV is great. I actively disliked 4, but really enjoyed V.

I don't know why you'd need to cheese him, he's one of he easiest bosses in the game.

Capra Demon is maybe the easiest boss! Attacks are very telling. His shoulder movement is giving him away
no one's gonna get this :/
He leaves plenty of time during attack ramp-up for dodging.

FYI he becomes a regular enemy later in the game, so you better get used to fighting him ;)

Yeah,but fucking dogs man. Getting pinned 2 seconds in and instagibbed is not fun

Anecdotally, but most of my friends don't really play GTA to kill civilians nor do I. It's the thing people do for ten minutes the first time they try the series and then gets old.

Right. Just because you CAN do that doesn't mean that's all the game is about

Ya, but then you have to beat the majority of the game in NG++ to get the spell achievements.

From made getting 100% a grind in Dark Souls II.

And that's why,I'm sitting g at 31

For all the praise GTA5 got on GAF, I think it's worth it. Sorry Turfster :p

Agreed. Paid full price for ps3 version. No ragrats

Parsnip

Yes, Sif which you can get to very easily from the beginning of the game.

Either, go through Havel or grab the crest from the blacksmith in Undead Parish.

You still need to get to Anor Londo to actually use the Soul though.

It's pretty fast to just run through the game at that point though. I killed almost nothing on my NG++, just ran past everything.

Reminds me that I still haven't grabbed everything from DkS2, maybe I should look into that one of these days.

MadGear

I have a 7850, so I think I need to buy a 970 before Witcher 3 comes out.

[...]

Don't get it before, get it after Witcher 3 is out. Chances are you can get your copy of that game (non-Steam Version) for free with the purchase of a 970/980. Since Witcher 3 uses Nvidias HairWorks Tech a collaboration should be likely.

Knurek

edited: forgot to add that encounters on a map are rare only on ground, on water they are ... hi, Suikoden 6 (><)
well, not that common, but brutal so far, maybe I'm a tad too low level for those, as I just got a ship.

Thanks for the writeup... Don't you mean Suikoden 4? There's no 6 that I know of...
Currently enjoying Lufia II too much to think of even starting a new jRPG. But I'll keep the game in mind unless your opinion changes by the time you're done with it.

Miguel81

Hopefully I'll feel the same, haven't played V yet but have it preordered.

Hated IV tbh.

With IV, I had more fun modding all the cars to real-world counterparts than actually playing through it(BOGT was decent enough, though). Played San Andreas for the first time recently and it was actually fun, even the infamous flight school couldn't ruin it. The comical GTA3-era is more my jam.

Loved VC. I'm a child of the 80s and it brought back some Miami Vice-watching nostalgia.

LOL. I got that achievement at 1-6 on easy. Because I absolutely suck at platformers.

I'm still strying to get used to the zoomed out wider views of these modern platformers. Can't make my jumps properly like the NES platformers with much lower FOV.

titch

Thanks, its cool for a free game but has a crippling flaw.

Can't use wasd to move and mouse to shoot.

The mouse to move and wasd to shoot control scheme is "eh".

I was straight on controller but noticed it looked a bit weird when i went into the options.

Thanks again Phawx.

Yeah it's another that has aargh dead ah well just one more go, the style just kinda sucks you in. I've not been on it nowhere near enough.

I might have beat/been worse than that - heads of to check the level....nope same 1 lol.

It is! I'm sorta ecstatic about it, as I wanted a good sokoban game on steam and this is even better!
Here guys, wishlist it (or buy outright), you not gonna regret, I promise.

Already done after watching phanx#'s vid looks neat!!

Maniac

Banned
I just finished Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, which was fun but only took about 3 hours. The length of the game makes it hard for me to recommend it at full price, but the fact that it's got great puzzles and a fun, cheesy story means I have no problem recommending picking it up on sale.

I'm doing pretty good on the 52 games in 2015 challenge, this is #5.

Nicey. I've completed 4 games, which I believe is double the amount I finished the entirety of last year, lol.

And no, I'm pretty sure that's not a joke. :s

Deitus

This pretty much covers my problems with GTAV. (Has some "plot" spoilers)

That sums up a lot of my feelings on GTAV a lot better than I could have.

Of course it barely makes mention of the lackluster game mechanics, and completely awful mission design. I probably could have ignored all of the story issues if I actually enjoyed playing the game, but sadly that is not the case.

Turfster

That sums up a lot of my feelings on GTAV a lot better than I could have.

Of course it barely makes mention of the lackluster game mechanics, and completely awful mission design. I probably could have ignored all of the story issues if I actually enjoyed playing the game, but sadly that is not the case.

Yeah, like I said, nice systems, shame the game is a total pile of shit.
Still, best and most eloquent video I know.

Daily Star Wars Jedi Knight II 50% off

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I know most people on GAF would swallow anything "Open World", but I've been told Rockstar is the best in making open world games.
If you like driving around town while listening to an idiot or two who don't know how to shut up, you'll love it.

Zafir

I never finished GTA V, and I don't have my 360 hooked up anymore, which is why I want the PC version. I liked it more than I liked IV(which I didn't like much at all), though I don't think it's absolutely fantastic. The video Turfster linked kind of summarises a lot of my issues as well. I think it's still worth playing despite it, mind you.

Grief.exe

Looks like I may have made a mistake blind pre-ordering GTAV as it suffers from typical over-marketed AAA issues.

Especially on top of port quality and DRM factors.

Too late now, I'm essentially experiencing the game blind.

is the china thing ogre for gta5 ? there's a chinese dude trading copies on steamtrade for 38 american dollarydoos

Looks like I may have made a mistake blind pre-ordering GTAV as it suffers from typical over-marketed AAA issues.

Especially on top of port quality and DRM factors.

Too late now, I'm essentially experiencing the game blind.

you can still cancel your pre-order though (unless someone gifted you the game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom