• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Looks like I may have made a mistake blind pre-ordering GTAV as it suffers from typical over-marketed AAA issues.

Especially on top of port quality and DRM factors.

Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to when the game drops and Rockstar's DRM servers topple over the mass of people wanting to actually play the game they bought.
This will not end well. :>

Zafir

is the china thing ogre for gta5 ? there's a chinese dude trading copies on steamtrade for 38 american dolarydoos

you can still cancel your pre-order though (unless someone gifted you the game)

You can still get it, you have to use the subid swap to get the RoW ver for Chinese price though. Steamtrades seemed really confusing, some people were still selling the Chinese versions which could be region locked at a later date.

A lot of them have put their prices up. :/

You can still get it, you have to use the subid swap to get the RoW ver for Chinese price though. Steamtrades seemed really confusing, some people were still selling the Chinese versions which could be region locked at a later date.

A lot of them have put their prices up. :/

any way to know which sub id the dude is trading ? and if the game is region locked after i actived the gift it won't matter anyway right ? i don't remember volvo ever retroactively region locking games in libraries (they did for copies still in inventories though if i remember correctly)

MRORANGE

Ordered this for streaming games to my living room at £60/$90 it's hard to beat.

Pipo X7: £60/$90
fkGehxR.jpg

Windows 8.1 with Bing
32GB Onboard Flash
Quad Core Intel Atom Baytrail at 2.16Ghz
2GB RAM
LAN PORT
4 USB port, uses micro AC to charge, has MMC slot

Knurek

Umineko is really amazing.
Probably too meta for most of people, even those who like VNs, to enjoy, but it's amazing. Pity the game I'm playing has no chance to ever come to Steam.

I mean, what I'm playing:

latest

(with full voice acting by top Japanese actors)

what would come to Steam:

screen06.jpg

(with no voice acting)

derExperte

Played a little bit of Squirreltopia.

I don't like how it feels at all.

Oh yeah, I played about two hours, killed the second boss and then gave up. Horribly floaty controls, bad level design without any flow, annoying music, unappealing art style, felt like a cheap shareware game out of the 90s.

Backlogger

Ordered this for streaming games to my living room at £60/$90 it's hard to beat.

http://i.imgur.com/fkGehxR.jpg[/MG]

Windows 8.1 with Bing
32GB Onboard Flash
2GB RAM
LAN PORT
4 USB port, uses micro AC to charge, has MMC slot[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in how well this works for you. I'm assuming since it runs Windows it will support the xBox 360 controller wireless receiver?

I feel like there are so many red flags around GTAV PC that pre-ordering isn't very wise. It seems like a perfect "wait a week to see how fucked it is" type of game.

Zafir

any way to know which sub id the dude is trading ? and if the game is region locked after i actived the gift it won't matter anyway right ? i don't remember volvo ever retroactively region locking games in libraries (they did for copies still in inventories though if i remember correctly)

Not until you get it gifted. The Chinese sub name has CN on it. In terms of locking it depends what lock. They could add a onlyallowrunin lock and you'd be a bit screwed, would have to run a VPN every time you wanted to play it. That said, onlyallowrunin isn't used that much since they did the activation lock.

Unfortunately people are saying the buy button has disappeared for China, so you may not even be able to get it at all now from there. Would have to try another region.

At this stage I'd rather just pay the extra £20 instead of wasting my time trying to find traders. I added a good few yesterday and I either got no response, or they left me waiting hours to say they couldn't do it for whatever reason.
Probably too meta for most of people, even those who like VNs, to enjoy, but it's amazing. Pity the game I'm playing has no chance to ever come to Steam.

latest

screen06.jpg

(with no voice acting)
I still need to finish the answer chapters. I read the first 4 a few years back and really enjoyed it. Just never got round to the second disk. I even imported physical copies.

It would be nice if they made a version with the PS3 artwork. Though, then again, the old artwork does have a nice charm to it.

madjoki

Not until you get it gifted. The Chinese sub name has CN on it. In terms of locking it depends what lock. They could add a onlyallowrunin lock and you'd be a bit screwed, would have to run a VPN every time you wanted to play it. That said, onlyallowrunin isn't used that much since they did the activation lock.

Unfortunately people are saying the buy button has disappeared for China, so you may not even be able to get it at all now from there. Would have to try another region.

At this stage I'd rather just pay the extra £20 instead of wasting my time trying to find traders. I added a good few yesterday and I either got no response, or they left me waiting hours to say they couldn't do it for whatever reason.

Cart trick for ROW copy works, but there isn't really traders or prices are too high. :(
Stuck with Steam Wallet, so that limits too.

Zafir

Cart trick for ROW copy works, but there isn't really traders or prices are too high. :(
Stuck with Steam Wallet, so that limits too.

Yeah, that was my issue. They've all upped the price on Steamtrades, and a lot of them are wanting keys which is impossible for me. CSGO keys on the market lie, it says there isn't a week trading limit on them yet, but there is.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

(with no voice acting)

The old sprites carry the mood more in terms of expressions (There are less in the PS3 version.) but the rest is good. (there would also be a graphics mod within a couple of weeks.) It could come to Steam should any western publisher take it on using the Witch Hunt translation which Manga Gamer might do after Higurashi is released. PS3 version's biggest addition was the voice work though it was just great!

cYrgPEml.jpg

DIE THE DEATHSU
SENTENCE TO DEATHSU
THE GREAT EQUILIZER IS THE DEATHSU

wazoo

Damn, I wish I could afford a 970
And if I could afford a 970 I wish I could afford a case which could fit that in.
I had massive problems trying to fit my 750TI.
Oh well, knowing me, I'd spend most of my gaming time with 970 doing some Visual Novels or Unity puzzle/adventure games...
Still, a 970 would be nice to have

There are mini versions of the 970. Asus has one, it is amazing and short.

I see, thanks. Added a chinese dude (who's probably sleeping right now), after that I'm giving up and waiting for a reasonable price after release. There are very few games I'd be willing to spend 60€ on and GTA5 is far from being one of them.

Zafir

Both Umineko and Umineko Chiru have the PS3 artwork/voice patches available.

Ah they must have been completed since I played the first one. I know they were being worked on back then.

Either way it would be nice if there was a English version on Steam with them. I guess it'll be a while though considering Higurashi isn't even available yet.

Started playing Alien: Isolation and first I had to move from KB+M to mouse because of the insane mouse smoothing and then I had to quit because I started feeling nauseous. I googled if anyone felt the same and turns out I missed the FOV-slider in the video menu, it was defaulted to 47. 47!! What the christ, I understand that they are going for feel of claustrophobia but that's just asking for trouble.

emot-barf.gif

That combined with the crazy default control scheme, it was a pretty ruff start. I'll try again tomorrow.

Accoun

With IV, I had more fun modding all the cars to real-world counterparts than actually playing through it(

I call it the "Elder Scrolls Syndrome". :p

(with no voice acting)

Thinking of, I should probably read more VNs. I only finished one (
Kira*Kira
). Haven't even made it through Katawa Shoujo.

Maniac

Banned
Yep, will end up doing that if the chinese thing doesn't work out. This year is going to be packed anyway. I mean, I already logged 20 hours in Dirty Bomb and the damn thing isn't even out yet.

Man. I really want that damn beta. Aint gotten in despite signing up for it the first time it was called Dirty Bomb ;P

Man. I really want that damn beta. Aint gotten in despite signing up for it the first time it was called Dirty Bomb ;P

They said they're going to send out keys to everyone who asked for one before Jan. 15th for the next phase of closed beta. This phase is ending tommorow and then they're taking the game out for an undetermined amount of time, after that the next phase is starting.
The beta really needs more players anyway, a couple of days after its start on Steam you could already see familiar faces and right now when I'm joining a serv I already know half of it.
Not to mention that people who stick playing are mostly veterans so any begginners get rekt.

fkGehxR.jpg

Windows 8.1 with Bing
32GB Onboard Flash
2GB RAM
LAN PORT

Let me know if it's a better solution than long HDMI cable

sprinkles

fkGehxR.jpg

Windows 8.1 with Bing
32GB Onboard Flash
2GB RAM
LAN PORT
Tell us if 1080p streaming works on that thing, I am still looking for similiar solutions for the bedroom TV.

Ozium

Primal Carnage Extinction is supposed to have an item drop system, but I've never gotten it to work.. recently they had a notification pop up that "check ur firewall" and give tons of excuses on why ppl can't get drops, they tell people to take off firewall, forward ports, etc.. none of this works

they recently updated the game and in the update said they addressed this issue.. so now the notification doesn't appear, but when I check my inventory I don't have the Volcano Spinosaurus skin which is supposed to be for everyone who got the game in EA... they have previously stated that not having that is tied to not being able to connect to the item servers, so it looks like nothing has changed..

wouldn't be surprised if they simply removed the notification and did jack shit to fix the problem...

sorry Jaw :(

Jawmuncher

Primal Carnage Extinction is supposed to have an item drop system, but I've never gotten it to work.. recently they had a notification pop up that "check ur firewall" and give tons of excuses on why ppl can't get drops, they tell people to take off firewall, forward ports, etc.. none of this works

they recently updated the game and in the update said they addressed this issue.. so now the notification doesn't appear, but when I check my inventory I don't have the Volcano Spinosaurus skin which is supposed to be for everyone who got the game in EA... they have previously stated that not having that is tied to not being able to connect to the item servers, so it looks like nothing has changed..

wouldn't be surprised if they simply removed the notification and did jack shit to fix the problem...

sorry Jaw :(

It's on them man and at the end of the day.
The main people they are hurting with a limited inventory for their customers is themselves.

Ryne

anyone with 970's or 980's willing to help me make up my mind here? I finally can replace my broken 580 GTX.

I want a 980 and I have the budget for a 980, however I can buy a 970 FTW+ with 8 GB more ram and another case fan for less than a singular 980 would cost. However I want to run future games at max or near max settings at 60 fps/1080p (I'm talking about games like Witcher 3/Project Cars).

What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom