• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
Sure, the story is a letdown in GTAV, but the world itself makes up for it and while the missions aren't the best, they keep you engage in the game. Some of my favorite moments from the game are just from driving around the city in the rain while I was listening to Portishead or the rap station. Rockstar was able to create a beautiful world and if you decide to engage that world, you'll have a wonderful time with the game

For the people who are trying to make sure people don't buy the game, you need to grow up. If someone is interested in the game, just let them buy it, play it, and then once they feel like discussing it, then you can tell them why you didn't like it

Where's your avatar?

Probably not going to use one from now on (or a while)

That's why you're the best, woo ;)

Well you're not so bad yourself big boy! *kisses*

For the people who are trying to make sure people don't buy the game, you need to grow up. If someone is interested in the game, just let them buy it, play it, and then once they feel like discussing it, then you can tell them why you didn't like it

Just for the record: I have no interest in telling anyone to play or not play anything. It makes no difference to me either way; that's their business.

Some leftovers
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

The Chaos Engine -- MB-DD9F1460AEE69D0B - Taken by Loptous
Speedball 2 HD -- MB-35B615CDBACAF062 - Taken by autoduelist
Guns n Zombies -- MB-F819FF45E73491E4 - Taken by nja
SOL: Exodus -- MB-0F0DD40D45B0C053 - Taken by Lomax
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-C4E3ADC9149FDF5F - Taken by Mr. Doop
8BitBoy -- MB-3501A7B1AC918D6B - Taken by Bayonetta

Previously
9th Company: Roots Of Terror -- MB-800DEB819AA84068
Theatre Of The Absurd -- MB-9C3A11FF3703F1BA - Taken by Akuosa
9th Company: Roots Of Terror #2 -- MB-8C3DD75A4377485D

madjoki

I hate the whole policy of Rockstar about their product. On GTA IV Rockstar Social Club, GFWL and Securom are only a source of problems, since the game has been pirated hard like all titles, pretty much. Why don't you learn your lesson? Why can't you look at CDPR and learn from what they do?
Is GTA, you will sell a lot of copies, Rockstar, so don't plague players with DRM.

Maybe they'll throw Denuvo there too, for good measure. Lords of the Fallen using it was never cracked. (But seems like Dragon Age was) :p

Any difference between Saints Row IV: Game of the Century Edition and normal Saints Row IV?

All DLC is included in GotC.

and the current 970's should have 4GB RAM minimum.

They do?

anyone with 970's or 980's willing to help me make up my mind here? I finally can replace my broken 580 GTX.

I want a 980 and I have the budget for a 980, however I can buy a 970 FTW+ with 8 GB more ram and another case fan for less than a singular 980 would cost. However I want to run future games at max or near max settings at 60 fps/1080p (I'm talking about games like Witcher 3/Project Cars).

What would you do?

Isn't difference between 970 and 980 at same clocks about 15% to 20% in performance? If budget is a factor it's obvious which one is the better value.

Started playing Alien: Isolation and first I had to move from KB+M to mouse because of the insane mouse smoothing and then I had to quit because I started feeling nauseous. I googled if anyone felt the same and turns out I missed the FOV-slider in the video menu, it was defaulted to 47. 47!! What the christ, I understand that they are going for feel of claustrophobia but that's just asking for trouble.

emot-barf.gif

That combined with the crazy default control scheme, it was a pretty ruff start. I'll try again tomorrow.

If you go over 55 you can no longer see your legs. It's not important of course but it's something to consider if it's a detail that would bother you.

Any difference between Saints Row IV: Game of the Century Edition and normal Saints Row IV?

GotC edition just comes with all the DLC

Jawmuncher

Only game I have ever messed with the FOV was primal carnage extinction.
I needed the advantage the dinos had. Human default FOV is very very narrow.

No, the IGS system is set up to only give Steam keys for purchases of a dollar or more and appears to be completely automated and hardcoded to always be that way.
Oh, I meant when buying from their page. It's how I got Skyrouge for 50cents. But now I realize that the addon I asked for is not on Greenlight, only Skyrouge itself. So my question itself was not apt :p
Ordered this for streaming games to my living room at £60/$90 it's hard to beat.

Pipo X7: £60/$90
fkGehxR.jpg

Windows 8.1 with Bing
32GB Onboard Flash
Quad Core Intel Atom Baytrail at 2.16Ghz
2GB RAM
LAN PORT
4 USB port, uses micro AC to charge, has MMC slot
Interesting. This doesn't have a GPU? Didn't know that's not needed for streaming.
Umineko is really amazing.
Probably too meta for most of people, even those who like VNs, to enjoy, but it's amazing. Pity the game I'm playing has no chance to ever come to Steam.
I mean, what I'm playing:
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...One_two.png/revision/latest?cb=20140310122141
(with full voice acting by top Japanese actors)
what would come to Steam:
http://fuwanovel.org/assets/images/vn/48/screen06.jpg
(with no voice acting)
Why would the second and not first version not come to steam, licensing?
Man, that GTX 960's specs should have been the 970's and the current 970's should have 4GB RAM minimum.
But 970s do have 4GB?!

Sure, the story is a letdown in GTAV, but the world itself makes up for it and while the missions aren't the best, they keep you engage in the game. Some of my favorite moments from the game are just from driving around the city in the rain while I was listening to Portishead or the rap station. Rockstar was able to create a beautiful world and if you decide to engage that world, you'll have a wonderful time with the game

i'm excited to see how it looks on my PC + the first person mode. My only real qualm with GTA5 is the few amount of heist missions. Need some more of them.

Oh, and the only way to make money is through gaming the stock market on the stock market missions.

Knurek

Why would the second and not first version not come to steam, licensing?

Yeah, the better looking sprites and voices are from Alchemist's PS3 release. Doubt they would want to license them to Mangagamer.
(That's why Steam version of Higurashi has the sprites redrawn, instead of Alchemist PS2 ones).

Maniac

Banned
Man, that GTX 960's specs should have been the 970's and the current 970's should have 4GB RAM minimum.

Nvidia is too damn stingy with memory for that to have been the case.

Maybe with... Who was it, Samsung(?) ramping up production of 1GB GDDR5 modules we'll see... Something less stingy.

Maybe.

edit: Maybe I too should get some sleep or not fart from my brain. I read it as 6GB RAM minimum...

Milamber, your stupidity is contagious! T_T

senpai pls[/senpai]

Maniac

Banned
Interesting. This doesn't have a GPU? Didn't know that's not needed for streaming.
Intel's integrated graphics processor has actually become quite capable, despite being scoffed at by any and all. They're very good at unpacking and packing with video codes, and thus they're really all you need to use In-Home Streaming.

It's great.

Maniac

Banned
i'm excited to see how it looks on my PC + the first person mode. My only real qualm with GTA5 is the few amount of heist missions. Need some more of them.

Oh, and the only way to make money is through gaming the stock market on the stock market missions.

If modders do a fraction of the work they did with IV for V, then we'll end up with it being Metro / Crysis levels of first-person eyecandy.

#BELIEVE

Stock Market Simulator 2015

anyone want to help me here with the gamestop deal ?
There is no GameStop deal, if you're talking about Saints Row. It seems to be a glitch they haven't bothered fixing, atleast according to Deep Silver.

Miguel81

Played a little bit of Squirreltopia.

I don't like how it feels at all.

As someone that tends to stick to old-school platformers, it's taken awhile to get used to. I turned off vsync in the menu, just in case that might cause any issues. So far, I've made it to 3-1, and skipped 2-8 because that was kicking my butt. I'll come back to that later. It might become a bit too difficult/frustrating for me to finish.

autoduelist

SNIP

SNIP
(with no voice acting)

I'd be really curious to know what percentage of people click through dialog like that without listening to it. For example, I read way faster than anyone could ever speak dialog in a game, so I'm usually clicking very fast -- once to 'speed up the text display and show all', then another to go on to the next text box. Often, the voice actors only have gotten a word or two out. (assuming I'm even playing with sound on, which isn't a given). Any money spent on voice actors is wasted on me.

EDIT- -

I mean, I'm sure there are people that will only buy it if it has localized voice acting.

But then you have:
people that don't listen anyway (me), people that will grumble but still buy, people that want to listen to it in Japanese anyway... I wonder how many lost sales there actually are to justify the cost of localizing voices (obviously text needs localization).

zkylon

zkylewd
As far as I can see, it's to kill as many people you can get before you are killed yourself. I saw in the trailer that you were in someone elses house and in the supermarket. You break into other peoples life and slaughter them and that is all what it is about. The trailer really showcased that the focus lies on killing unarmed people who pledge for their lifes.

well i'm guessing there's a bit more to it since there's like destructible buildings and police and shit

i can't imagine the game being any good but my guess is that killing civilians will quickly turn into killing cops

Probably too meta for most of people, even those who like VNs, to enjoy, but it's amazing. Pity the game I'm playing has no chance to ever come to Steam.

latest

screen06.jpg

(with no voice acting)
lol wth

lately my friends have been talking a lot about this

sounds too horror-y for my taste tho

Phawx

Ordered this for streaming games to my living room at £60/$90 it's hard to beat.

Pipo X7: £60/$90
fkGehxR.jpg

Windows 8.1 with Bing
32GB Onboard Flash
Quad Core Intel Atom Baytrail at 2.16Ghz
2GB RAM
LAN PORT
4 USB port, uses micro AC to charge, has MMC slot

Great price

dani_dc

latest

screen06.jpg

(with no voice acting)

Well, they're remaking Higurashi for Steam, so they might remake Umineko if that does well.

Knurek

lol wth

lately my friends have been talking a lot about this

sounds too horror-y for my taste tho

It's not a horror. Like, at all. Gruesome at times, true. But it's more of a metafiction.
It's basically reading a book about a character reading a book about two people playing a game about a series of crimes. With the antagonist being very, very unreliable narrator who tries to paint a simple mystery as a work of magic and the protagonist trying to refute all of that, and ground the murders in reality.
Lovely voice acting though. I usually just skip the voices like autoduelist does, but here, I just listen to everything that's being said.

If you go over 55 you can no longer see your legs. It's not important of course but it's something to consider if it's a detail that would bother you.

The legs looked kinda ridiculous while strafing anyway (strafing really makes no sense at all but that's video games for you) so I guess that doesn't mean losing much compared to puking every 15 minutes.

MUnited83

For you.
I already played and completed GTA V so I know what I'm in for. For me it's a game to drive around and see random stuff happening in the game world. Though I thought that the story and missions were alright. Much better than the boring mess that was GTA IV.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Troll Alert: Certain user sent GTAV as a gift and cancelled it quickly.

Im laughing tbh.

EDIT: It seems he read quickly the thread. ROFLMAO It was a misunderstanding.

Deitus

There was a bit of a mixup yesterday, and the person who won La-Mulana couldn't claim it, so I'm giving it away again.

A bit of a warning though, this game is hard as hell, both the combat and the puzzles. But it's a game I could not pull myself away from, so it's definitely worth it if you can put up with a bit (okay, a lot) of frustration.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Deitus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

La-Mulana -- MB-587E496440E94818 - Taken by Naked Snake. 20 entrants total.

t1421628817z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom