• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
After I quick search on Steam, these games come up under D3:

PuzzleQuest: Challenge of the Warlords
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
Texas Cheat'Em
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW!
Puzzle Quest: Galactrix

Any of those would be great for me :D

<Arthea mode>For shame, how can you not have Puzzle Quest in your library</Arthea mode>

I missed it when it was discounted (._.)
I have Puzzle Kingdoms :p

24 hours later gamesrocket is still refusing my refund. They have the money but I don't have the game.
Their TOS clearly states that I can withdraw from a purchase if I can't or don't want to send them an id shot.
So basically I'm being robbed right now.
Another gaffer bought the game at the same time as me and they refunded him right away. I don't get why they're giving me all this trouble.
I already filed a complaint with paypal.
God damn it, I wish I hadn't seen that post in this thread with a link to their site, I had never heard of them before but since nobody said anything I figured they were alright.

Edit: looks like they changed their tune when they received the e-mail from paypal. My refund has been processed.
Be warned about this site people. Your first order will require that you send both your ID and a shot of yourself with your ID next to you so if you don't want to go through that trouble don't bother with this site.

Mr. Doop

Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon is TERRIBLE. One of the worst and most repetitive dungeon crawlers ever created. It's slightly better if you play with friends, though.

Divius

Replaying GTAIV and am tempted to pick up GTAV. Cheapest is nuuvem atm. Site says 'Keys will be activated on the Rockstar Games Social Club only!' so just to be clear, that means no Steam?

And if so what would be the cheapest place to pick up a Steam copy?

-MD-

Replaying GTAIV and am tempted to pick up GTAV. Cheapest is nuuvem atm. Site says 'Keys will be activated on the Rockstar Games Social Club only!' so just to be clear, that means no Steam?

I think Steam is your only option if you want a Steam copy.

Bigby

The only place to get Steam version is on Steam, Chinese copies were about $30. I'm not sure it's still possible to get it.

It is. The trader will just have to use the cross-region purchasing trick.

Edit: Apparently R* updated the CN price on the ROW sub. It's now showing $60, which is actually a pretty clever way of discouraging the cross-region purchasing trick.

zkylon

zkylewd
You're not the boss of me!
sure buddy :>

In terms of that it. There is a earlier video that is everyone's intro. That's all the dialog the game has. You do get to ask questions or they ask you but you go through it all pretty quick.
It doesn't follow a VN route at all. So you don't play one "route" and beat the game.
wait what?

so it's like a puzzle game with risky pictures and that's it?

are we back in 1994?

I dont get it. Hatred is a game in which you murder innocent civilians.

How do you compare such a game with a game about sexuality?
what's the video in question?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The only place to get Steam version is on Steam, Chinese copies were about [$30]. I'm not sure it's still possible to get it.

It is. The trader will just have to use the cross-region purchasing trick.

Edit: Apparently R* updated the CN price on the ROW sub. It's now showing $60, which is actually a pretty clever way of discouraging the cross-region purchasing trick.

Tizoc

Well it's only 2 people, but damn
Screen%2BShot%2B2015-01-16%2Bat%2B14.26.09.png

Dat GMG offer.

Dr Dogg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RX0XV6XcoKQ/VLkf1dwayuI/AAAAAAAAHM8/1NcqN7Pq8gY/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2015-01-16%2Bat%2B14.26.09.png[img]
Dat GMG offer.[/QUOTE]

Surely that's a mistake as I can't see Pillars of Eternity on there.

[quote="Casimir, post: 148282958"]What is this from?[/QUOTE]

[url]http://blog.playfire.com/2015/01/win-every-major-pc-game-of-2015.html[/url]

ExoSoul

Banned
Screen%2BShot%2B2015-01-16%2Bat%2B14.26.09.png

Dat GMG offer.

The Witcher, Batman, Hotline and No Man's Sky are all I would want. Emphasis on the last two... I don't know if it's just that I understand the limitations of my desktop or if something's wrong with me...

Anteater

Onikira (early access game) is a bit barebone so far since it's still in alpha, but I'm liking the combat, it seems to take heavy inspiration from DmC with similar moveset and controls, trigger buttons to switch weapons, and comes in a long range weapon that lets you yank enemies into the air (like the Osiris from DmC), a heavy weapon that plays like the Arbiter, and there's also the grapple with an air dash, etc.

While I appreciate the game taking inspirations from devil may cry games I hope they'll be more creative with it, but I wouldn't mind playing a 2d DmC. The game is buggy so far so I'll probably wait until the game is complete before jumping back in. (mostly because you can't continue from checkpoints yet)

Dr Dogg

Asskicker

Cheapest you can get currently is about $46: http://www.reddit.com/r/SteamGameSw...and_theft_auto_v_gtav_region_free_steam_gift/
And then you have to happy rockstar doesn't screw you over when you try to activate it later on in Rockstar Social Club.

Pudge

lol, Totalbiscuit talked about the AO rated game and compared it to Sakura Angels which has "a lot of breasts". My god.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he was just trying to state that Steam has games on the service which would be rated AO for sexuality if they bothered to go through the ESRB process and wondering aloud if Hatred would also be let on for that reason. The whole thing was more about the situation Gabe is in since he allowed the game back on Greenlight in the first place, it wasn't condemning either game.

Coreda

Shantae: Risky's Revenge is an odd one. It has appealing art (the main reason for buying it) but the gameplay is fairly bland, and enemies constantly respawn as soon as the viewport shifts. The high-res portraits mixed with the low-res graphics I've never been a fan of in games, and the lack of a fullscreen option is strange.

I'd be interested in other Shantae games on Steam if they featured more satisfying gameplay as I still like the graphics but the current port just doesn't hit the spot.

Chariot

Totalbiscuit is an idiot.
Gamergater and all.
Doesn't he know that the publications that all those women publish are all known for their factchecking?
He is? Wow, I didn't knew.

Reading the AO rated game made me imagine the AO rated game as a moniker like the moniker used for Voldemort.
Psht! Don't say his name!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he was just trying to state that Steam has games on the service which would be rated AO for sexuality if they bothered to go through the ESRB process and wondering aloud if Hatred would also be let on for that reason. The whole thing was more about the situation Gabe is in since he allowed the game back on Greenlight in the first place, it wasn't condemning either game.
He did, but he used Sakura Angels as example which is pretty uninformed. After all this game is all ages to begin with and don't feature explicit content. If TB would've bothered to do a bit of research he would've find more fitting examples like NekoPara or IMHHW that have versions that can be restored. Especially since around this time HuniePop release. It would be a magnicificient argument against such games thanks to the attitude of the devs and the very easiy official restoration patch of adult content.

Btw. slightly related I saw sekai project being pretty upset on reddit because they are being denied SFW trading cards, but HuniePop got them at launch.

Your point is valid only if Steam hasn't fixed the hole when you can sell the key, which we don't know if it's going to be fixed

JaseC said isn't fixed.
But I won't win anyway, so why bother XD

It is actually already fixed, we found out recently and JaseC edited his post.
Cheapest now would be from the Vietnamese store for $45.

Edit: Unless you actually get the chinese sub (and risk a runtime lock).

Deques

It is actually already fixed, we found out recently and JaseC edited his post.
Cheapest now would be from the Vietnamese store for $45.

Well, the party is over. Not that I wanted to buy it :p

Dunder, the Christmas is over. Or are you living in a world where Christmas is everyday?

Pudge

He did, but he used Sakura Angels as example which is pretty uninformed. After all this game is all ages to begin with and don't feature explicit content. If TB would've bothered to do a bit of research he would've find more fitting examples like NekoPara or IMHHW that have versions that can be restored. Especially since around this time HuniePop release. It would be a magnicificient argument against such games thanks to the attitude of the devs and the very easiy official restoration patch of adult content.

Sakura Angels is all ages? Really? I'm not saying it would get an AO rating, although I don't know if the ESRB has much experience with these VNs so who's to say, but just one look at the game's screenshots tab on Steam tells me that it is AT LEAST Rated T.

But regardless, yeah he could have done more research, but it was an off the cuff remark and I think the example he gives is still valid. I don't really expect a guy that's into heavy metal music and gameplay over story to really be knowledgeable about anime games anyway.

And I scrolled down more on that screenshots page. Definitely rated M.
Dat shower scene

Chariot

Sakura Angels is all ages? Really? I'm not saying it would get an AO rating, although I don't know if the ESRB has much experience with these VNs so who's to say, but just one look at the game's screenshots tab on Steam tells me that it is AT LEAST Rated T.

But regardless, yeah he could have done more research, but it was an off the cuff remark and I think the example he gives is still valid. I don't really expect a guy that's into heavy metal music and gameplay over story to really be knowledgeable about anime games anyway.

And I scrolled down more on that screenshots page. Definitely rated M.
Dat shower scene
Oh, used all ages in the context of VN's opposed to eroges. I don't know if that game even has a rating, but I doubt that it does.

Maybe I am just mad that he name dropped Sakura Angels. I am not particularly found of that game.

Pudge

Oh, used all ages in the context of VN's opposed to eroges. I don't know if that game even has a rating, but I doubt that it does.

Right, that's the whole point! It's weird that Hatred even bothered to get a rating at all considering that Steam allows unrated games on the service but has refused AO games in the past for whatever reason.

Here's hoping that there is some clarification on their policy going forward. That will be one positive coming out of this game if nothing else.

Adventis

Anyone has any idea how much Citizens of Earth will cost on release?

It's coming out in about 7 hrs according to Steam but there still isn't a price stated on the store page.

pahamrick

Sad I missed out on the $30 GTAV. but oh well.

A couple friends of mine were all set to grab it at $30, but now the general consensus is wait until $20 or under during a sale.

Anyone has any idea how much Citizens of Earth will cost on release?

It's coming out in about 7 hrs according to Steam but there still isn't a price stated on the store page.

I could just be making it up, but I could have sworn I read it was going to be a promo price of $11.99 for release.

AsfaeksBR

The
Hard Times distillery, you mean? It's some strange corporation that feeds itself off of getting people in debt to their product, and then turning them into workers while trapping them into staying. Much like everything in the Zero, stuff happens that isn't quite explained, and they become those skeletal figures. Those in debt help brew and prepare the Hard Times Whiskey which is sold around in the game world.

Did you play the side-story, The Entertainment, yet? Because it gives a little more insight into Hard Times.

I still hasn't played the side-stories yet.

And
Does Conway always get "hired" by them? I remember that the last thing he said in the episode was "I guess I start in The morning". So, is it always line this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom