• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
You're not the boss of me!

ib14j9m30TbrBz.png

Jawmuncher

in "dialogue quality" or them all being bitches lol?

In terms of that it. There is a earlier video that is everyone's intro. That's all the dialog the game has. You do get to ask questions or they ask you but you go through it all pretty quick.
It doesn't follow a VN route at all. So you don't play one "route" and beat the game.

autoduelist

Is something wrong with the steam market? For the past couple days I've been getting a 'There was a problem listing your item. Refresh the page and try again" error message trying to list cards.

Ones I have on the market still seem to be selling. Any ideas? (it's not the initial 200 item limit)

Chariot

Man, Chariot is a handsome sob.

How is your waifu game GAF?
lol.

It's not as promised. It had a great beginning, but it turned out being relatively hollow since there are no further interactions between the girls and apparently no end to the "story". But to it's credit, the puzzling is surprisingly fun and the characters diverse and interesting.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It just dawned on me that Portal: Uncooperative Cake Acquisition Game didn't release last year as planned. I hope it's still happening
so I can buy three spares

lol, Totalbiscuit talked about the AO rated game and compared it to Sakura Angels which has "a lot of breasts". My god.

But TotalBiscuit is british not american.... are british people becoming puritans too, or is it just because he moved to America? Something in the water maybe? :\

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Totalbiscuit is an idiot.
Gamergater and all.
Doesn't he know that the publications that all those women publish are all known for their factchecking?

_hekk05

Banned
I dont get it. Hatred is a game in which you murder innocent civilians.

How do you compare such a game with a game about sexuality?

Its the oldest debate in video games. Is sex worse or violence worse?

Personally in the they're all OK camp

I'd never kid about sexism and plagiarism. Those women have all been fact checked by the most trusted organizations. I mean, Snowden has had less scruples.

What women? And how does that even link to the topic at hand?

Also, in case you forgot, there's been a severe lacking in fact-checking everywhere in the past couple of years.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Once again playing You Have To Win This Game, and it shocked me having a few of the powers to starting off with a fresh game and feeling so weak once I could only jump. Really a testament to how well thought out the design of the world is for platforming and how empowering a simple double jump can be.

Really a great game. I'm amazed it was released for free.

RedFyn

Unrelated to that, anyone looking for a good classic style RTS should check out Grey Goo coming out soon. From people who worked on Command & Conquer as well as Total Annihilation and desired to focus on something that wasn't so heavy on micro management. Humans even have Turtling as their design.
Game Informer has a brief play through of it showing off the titular grey goo http://youtu.be/y1DZjpzZdeI
Thank you, i hadn't heard about this. It looks great. Always up for a new RTS.

Arthea

bad news:
1, Pushcat is ruined by the ghost later on: the first world is fun, second not so much, third... not really. Why would they do that to such a nice game? Well, I can always go back to playing Ziro, but I liked Pushcat...
2. After update on Alphadia Genesis (I'm not sure what was updated btw) I had massive fps drop in battles which I wasn't experiencing before. (._.)

good news:
1. second bundle of bundlestars bundles event was nothing like first. My moneys could be safe after all.
2. Today is finally HB? kinda missed it.
3. Groupees have countdown for be mine 17. Hints are on, if someone is interested, at least some of them.
https://groupees.com/bm17

_hekk05

Banned
Aww yeah! After about 400 tries, finally completed a no treasure run

There was a clutch jetpack find in the black market from a mystery box which made everything a lot easier.

Also luckily olmec floor didn't have much gold in them

Oublieux

bad news:
1, Pushcat is ruined by the ghost later on: the first world is fun, second not so much, third... not really. Why would they do that to such a nice game? Well, I can always go back to playing Ziro, but I liked Pushcat...
2. After update on Alphadia Genesis (I'm not sure what was updated btw) I had massive fps drop in battles which I wasn't experiencing before. (._.)
[/url]

Shame about Pushcat... it looked right up my alley too. I like those sort of puzzle-esque games. Hopefully, that FPS drop gets sorted out soon too.

When you close the whole window instead of the tab. OTL

bad news:

good news:
1. second bundle of bundlestars bundles event was nothing like first. My moneys could be safe after all.
2. Today is finally HB? kinda missed it.
3. Groupees have countdown for be mine 17. Hints are on, if someone is interested, at least some of them.
https://groupees.com/bm17

Wish all the BundleStars bundles ended on the same day when they're all revealed so I can buy the ones I want in one purchase.

Assuming there'll be a HB today, it'll be up in about 9.5 hours.

Dr Dogg

But TotalBiscuit is british not american.... are british people becoming puritans too, or is it just because he moved to America? Something in the water maybe? :\

Well considering Purtainism started here in the late 16th century and gained further traction in the mid 17th century due to reforms to the Church of England. Then again didn't he mouth of once about his dad being a vicar or something in his "Atheism doesn't make you smart because I have an IQ of 150+" rant on SA?

Saying that this is probably a dangerous road to go down as all talk about TB ends in tears.

tmarg

Just his delusions.
I swear, #gamergate is about as logical as anti-vaccine people. Same MO.

I honestly think all the support GG gets from youtubers is just self promotion. They accuse traditional games media of all sorts of "ethical misconduct", when in reality youtube has gone way farther in terms of accepting ethically questionable business practices and content created by people with obvious conflicts of interest.

For some reason, people think of youtubers as "just regular gamers like me" and instinctively trust them, while they are suspicious of anyone who brings even the slightest hint of professionalism to the job.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Wrack -- MB-0A70AFDC794299BB - Taken by 7Sins
Onikira: Demon Killer -- MB-42A88C42F00284A0 - Taken by YianGaruga
The Joylancer: Legendary Motor Knight -- MB-E3E75BA8E0F6DD33 - Taken by PunishedSnake
t1cxE6r.gif
Dark -- MB-BCB98136E8C74ECF - Taken by Dice
Silence of the Sleep -- MB-2C365DAA24195B93 - Taken by madjoki
Super Toy Cars -- MB-5EDC22C0FADC0FB7 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
The Detail -- MB-6B15B06EC8BC712C - Taken by Gez
Z -- MB-52C8AC1D31A058DD - Taken by Loptous

Deques

Last Inua for those wondering.

[IMGhttp://cdn-images.bundlestars.com/_images/_products/250x340/last-inua-packshot.jpg[/IMG]

Majestic Nights

[imghttp://i.imgur.com/80arKzO.png[/img]

[IMGhttp://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/284140/header.jpg?t=1415158105[/IMG]

Any guess on the fat cat?

Deques

Spares

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Metal Planet -- MB-908DC8B294151749 - Taken by SeZMehK
ICHI -- MB-8FDFB2D613EB7BCB - Taken by XShagrath
Steel & Steam -- MB-CFEB5507735353FD - Taken by Tesseract
CRush -- MB-10CB3EA8503103AA - Taken by Blu(e)
Sinister City -- MB-5FE08E3C055CDD5B - Taken by Purkake4
Grimind -- MB-2D431BB531110E66 - Taken by tioslash
Dreaming Sarah -- MB-F64209532233A9E4 - Taken by roadrunn3r
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-74449A0D474E91C5 - Taken by Megauap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom