• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

lawd

I was so pleased just building this random thing on the first planet yesterday
8CA52D45DD6BEA2F53CA5BDCF4FC734DBF7B4E74

I've really got to get back into Spacechem, but I just haven't been in the right mindset for it for a good long while. It really is satisfying to make this ungodly mess of a contraption that actually works, and find that you've managed to use more symbols and/or take more time than the entire playerbase.

So I'm playing Super Time Force Ultra... is there anyone out there that enjoys how its set up? Because I find the whole thing oddly unappealing, from writing to gameplay structure.
You're talking about Unmechanical like it's some AAA shooter or something. It's an indie puzzle game that started as a class project. Why wouldn't it get released on the new consoles?

It's not even a remake, it just never got a console release.

It's still an Enhanced Port For New Consoles™.

2015: The Year that Old Things Were New Again.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I've really got to get back into Spacechem, but I just haven't been in the right mindset for it for a good long while. It really is satisfying to make this ungodly mess of a contraption that actually works, and find that you've managed to use more symbols and/or take more time than the entire playerbase.

Yeah, I just recently discovered I could move start points and the binder spots :D so all my machines are a lot more complicated and mezzy than need be so far probably

GAF, this is my life now.

It'd be sad if this wasn't the 1,000th time it's happened. The only reason I didn't respond to this particular fellow (which I'm usually very good at) is that it arrived the day after Christmas meaning it was one of about 100 similar emails I received between Dec 24 - Dec 26. Seems like everyone is still getting new Chromebooks for Christmas.

Oh, and I've been getting death threats from people who are upset about the bug in the latest version of Firefox. So that's been great too.

It's sad to see this kind of reactions, especially when you do such a great job. These guys are just stupid people being stupid...

Keep up the good work :)

For anyone interested, new batch of Star Wars games added to GOG.com:

- X-Wing Alliance $9.99
- Galactic Battlegrounds saga $5.99
- X-Wing vs Tie Fighter balance of power $9.99
- Dark Forces $4.79
- Battlefront II $7.99
- KOTOR 2 $7.99

Dr Dogg

Apparently there's more Lucasfilm Games (Christ that's a real blast from the past) up on GOG in 2 days time. Come on DotT!!! (though I know it's not going to happen now)

Uh... how many "remakes" are we going to have before we get something new and not a franchise game

Bundlestars has Silence Of The Sleep which is something new and franchise game. Buy that!

In other news, I started playing Resident Evil, got a nice skin in CS:GO and finally got this:

qFMuOsa.jpg

and work was nice so all in all it was a okay day

GAF, this is my life now.

It'd be sad if this wasn't the 1,000th time it's happened. The only reason I didn't respond to this particular fellow (which I'm usually very good at) is that it arrived the day after Christmas meaning it was one of about 100 similar emails I received between Dec 24 - Dec 26. Seems like everyone is still getting new Chromebooks for Christmas.

Oh, and I've been getting death threats from people who are upset about the bug in the latest version of Firefox. So that's been great too.

So business as usual for any software developer. Maybe change the name to Enchanced Yamz

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Speaking of which. Any chance you will release Enhanced Steam for Microsoft "Spartan" if the rumoured support for Chrome extensions is true? I'm tempted to drop Opera for it.

I hadn't heard about this so thanks for bringing it up. :) I'm always happy to bring Enhanced Steam to as many platforms as is possible, so I'll wait and see how this plays out. If it's as easy as wrapping the existing plugin in a new container and uploading it to Microsoft, I'm game.

louiedog

I seriously doubt they'll release DotT when there's a Special Edition coming soon.

I think it's possible. I can't think of an example from Lucas or Disney, but other companies have done it with Gold Rush! and Shadow Warrior, though I guess the second example is more of a re-imagining.

Dr Dogg

Can I get a link to the source?

Edit: found it on Twitter.

Hahaha well it's what it says on the front page of GOG under the Lucasfilm Games Wave II titles.
MORE GAMES IN 45 HRS 50 MIN 04 SEC

And the full article is here for anyone interested.

http://www.gog.com/news/lucasfilm_on_gogcom_wave_ii_starts_now

So business as usual for any software developer. Maybe change the name to Enchanced Yamz

Congratz!

Oublieux

:)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Oublieux:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Oublieux, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Magnetic By Nature -- MB-6696BC9D9D2CC652 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Onikira: Demon Killer -- MB-228F65BE15A4CAC8 - Taken by Spring-Loaded
t1cxE6r.gif
DARK -- MB-3F49C944B6EAE25D - Taken by nightstorm
Super Toy Cars -- MB-633A375B224C3AA2 - Taken by chronomac
The Detail -- MB-9A57A8AC971756AC - Taken by Saty
Z -- MB-35FEA24BE2AD5081 - Taken by redlacs
BlazeRush -- MB-C53C87B75FA174B7 - Taken by autoduelist

louiedog

I don't remember this giant red "cancel digital pre-order" button on my order page before. Maybe because it's a different machine and browser.

c1cddc86b0.png

I would love to know what's going on over there.

Grief.exe

Also the MORE GAMES IN 45 HRS 49 MIN 51 SEC in GOG.com ;)

Hahaha well it's what it says on the front page of GOG under the Lucasfilm Games Wave II titles.

And the full article is here for anyone interested.

http://www.gog.com/news/lucasfilm_on_gogcom_wave_ii_starts_now

My old eyes missed that tiny timer on the mobile site, see it now though.

I'm excited to see what comes next when the clock hits the zero hour.

Bundlestars has Silence Of The Sleep which is something new and franchise game. Buy that!

In other news, I started playing Resident Evil, got a nice skin in CS:GO and finally got this:

qFMuOsa.jpg

I'm jealous! Still pounding away at mine little by little.

Turfster

Newegg (US) is doing 50% off Square Enix games which includes all Final Fantasy games (except XIV).
15% extra off with EMCAKNA98, making XIII-2 8.5$

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

qFMuOsa.jpg

Congrats.

I wouldn't touch engineering with a ten foot pole.
Medicine is fun, however

I don't remember this giant red "cancel digital pre-order" button on my order page before. Maybe because it's a different machine and browser.

c1cddc86b0.png

I would love to know what's going on over there.

I decided to call (figured it couldn't hurt) and see what was going on. I said the delay that was going on and the woman knew automatically I was talking about Gat Out of Hell. She made it seem like Deep Silver is delaying giving out keys and that's why the time keeps changing.

louiedog

I decided to call (figured it couldn't hurt) and see what was going on. I said the delay that was going on and the woman knew automatically I was talking about Gat Out of Hell. She made it seem like Deep Silver is delaying giving out keys and that's why the time keeps changing.

Thanks for doing the legwork and getting that info.

I was sort of wondering if that's the case, especially as it seems to be released on Steam early so there's no issue there. With Deep Silver PR saying on twitter that price wouldn't be honored I guess it's possible both companies are trying to work something out. I'll take that as a good sign that GS wants to honor it.

If a friend were looking to purchase a game for co-op fun on Steam for $20 or less, what would you recommend? Trying to avoid DayZ clones / survival games as we're both burned out on them.

Nabs

If a friend were looking to purchase a game for co-op fun on Steam for $20 or less, what would you recommend? Trying to avoid DayZ clones / survival games as we're both burned out on them.

Battleblock Theater is fun co-op platformer w/ a ton of content (almost too much).

Dark Souls is also a great co-op game. It's currently on sale over at Gamersgate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom