• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh damn. Missed Wrack.
I got some insider information that the winner of the GMG competition is not me :(
Third bundle from Bundlestars Bundle Fest
8 Ball Re-bundle
I got that bundle when it was new just for Pool Nation. Sounded like a fun game to play with friends.

...haven't started it yet :/
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=975668
Another remastered. Pretty sure it will reach PC too :l
It looks like a patch, really.
Some stuff sound like patch-worthy but if it includes all DLC then I'm ok with it.
Heard good things about State of Decay, so getting it in two years at sub-5€ with all DLC sounds good.
In other news, I started playing Resident Evil, got a nice skin in CS:GO and finally got this:
qFMuOsa.jpg

and work was nice so all in all it was a okay day
Congrats man! That is awesome.
For anyone interested, new batch of Star Wars games added to GOG.com:
- X-Wing Alliance $9.99
- Galactic Battlegrounds saga $5.99
- X-Wing vs Tie Fighter balance of power $9.99
- Dark Forces $4.79
- Battlefront II $7.99
- KOTOR 2 $7.99
There is a second KOTOR? Didn't know.

I would really like to get KOTOR 1+2, X-Wing Alliance, X-Wing vs Tie Fighter, Tie Fighter, X-Wing sometime in the future.
GAF, this is my life now
It'd be sad if this wasn't the 1,000th time it's happened. The only reason I didn't respond to this particular fellow (which I'm usually very good at) is that it arrived the day after Christmas meaning it was one of about 100 similar emails I received between Dec 24 - Dec 26. Seems like everyone is still getting new Chromebooks for Christmas.
Oh, and I've been getting death threats from people who are upset about the bug in the latest version of Firefox. So that's been great too.
Uninformed people asking uninformed question I get but threats? Man, the anonymity of the web truly makes some people worst come out :(
$1 or More
- Betrayer
- Unlocks 2nd Week
- Unlocks 2nd Week

$2.99 or More
- Skara
- Darkend
- Gunspell
- Mountain
- Unlocks 2nd Week

Might buy it later.
Hm. Betrayer at 1. Tier for 1$? That is pretty good but I have the game already and can't judge whether the other two unlockable games will be of same quality or interest to me.
Do the prices on first and second tier increase after unlocking of games?

Backlogger

Yeah...they said the codes would be up at 9 CST...then 10...11...12...and since the next hour is coming up I'm waiting for another hour to be added

12pm CST is in a couple minutes right?

I'm not too concerned about this. I'm at work all day anyway. As long as it arrives eventually I am happy.

Dr Dogg

Right now I've got in and had a bit of time to much about with RE HDier I think I've found the culprit to not quite native 3D rendering. While not quite 1:1 in 4:3 it's damn close but in 16:9 it scales the image something horrible (hence my massive drop off I noticed earlier). Will have a proper look at it after getting some food and other menial stuff to do but took some 1920x1080 and 3840x2160 shots in both 4:3 and 16:9 and there's a clear difference between the 2, resolutions and aspect ratios, but if you're after IQ stay away from 16:9.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Right, but I imagine it's more work to do a full refund after they've already charged people.

I don't know what the hell is going on over there.

The only alternative GameStop has is to cough up $9 per copy sold, a bill which would surely run into the thousands after three days of sales.

Shadownet

Banned
Right, but I imagine it's more work to do a full refund after they've already charged people.

I don't know what the hell is going on over there.
Dude, I worked there for years and I still don't know what went on during all those years.

All I know is that people up in corporate are idiots, and some people in retail are even worst.

Miguel81

There is a second KOTOR? Didn't know.

I would really like to get KOTOR 1+2, X-Wing Alliance, X-Wing vs Tie Fighter, Tie Fighter, X-Wing sometime in the future.

KOTOR II is pretty great, especially with the Restoration Mod that provids fixes and an extra section with HK-47. Much darker than the original game.

Right now I've got in and had a bit of time to much about with RE HDier I think I've found the culprit to not quite native 3D rendering. While not quite 1:1 in 4:3 it's damn close but in 16:9 it scales the image something horrible (hence my massive drop off I noticed earlier). Will have a proper look at it after getting some food and other menial stuff to do but took some 1920x1080 and 3840x2160 shots in both 4:3 and 16:9 and there's a clear difference between the 2, resolutions and aspect ratios, but if you're after IQ stay away from 16:9.

I was afraid that that would be the case in 16:9 due to it being zoomed in. Nevertheless, I'll give that aspect ratio a try for a bit just to satiate my curiosity.

Lain

GAF, this is my life now.

It'd be sad if this wasn't the 1,000th time it's happened. The only reason I didn't respond to this particular fellow (which I'm usually very good at) is that it arrived the day after Christmas meaning it was one of about 100 similar emails I received between Dec 24 - Dec 26. Seems like everyone is still getting new Chromebooks for Christmas.

Oh, and I've been getting death threats from people who are upset about the bug in the latest version of Firefox. So that's been great too.

This gives an idea about how many idiots populate this world.

Star Wars: Dark Forces endures as a stark reminder of how much level design has changed over the decades. So frustrating, yet so good.
KOTOR II is pretty great, especially with the Restoration Mod that provids fixes and an extra section with HK-47. Much darker than the original game.

To add to this, the HK-47 factory is terrible, but don't let that stop anyone from using the Content Restored mod.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I kinda... wouldn't care at all.

Like... if I have a gaming PC and the games are releasing on PC, then why do I care about playing them on Xbox? If it's for the friends or community functions then this is just GFWL all over again, and I probably have more PC friends than Xbox friends.

If I don't have a gaming PC, then... I guess this is a benefit if the stuff I buys is future proof for some future time where I have a gaming PC... but it's certainly not in my short term calculus, and this point in the generation is the point where I care least about future-proofing.

Now, if cross-buy came with a renewed commitment towards releasing on-time ports, then that'd be a benefit, but that'd be a benefit even if there was no cross-buy.

I feel like PS3-PS4 crossbuy benefits people because it takes risk out of deciding whether or not to move to the new generation. I feel like PS<X>-Vita crossbuy benefits people because those are two very different products with different goals in mind. The same is not true with console-PC, unless you could the Shield generation of streaming tablet things or whatever, but I think that's a tiny little niche.

I dunno.

dude.
...dude. Correct that.
Well, I would need to play the first at least once before, haha.
Tbh, hearing that KOTOR series is progenitor to Mass Effect makes me excited but I can't justify at its - even sale - prices considering my backlog.

Hm. If there was a Star Wars bundle with the space fighting games and KOTORs, that could very well change my stance. But that's never gonna happen, haha.
It sounds good for Xbox owners but only more hassle for non.
Just another new service which will most likely be not up to par with long-existing other ones.

For me personally this being true would be very bad tbh since MCC would highly likely be exclusive to MS's PC service.

Please not be true. I can't muster to buy games on other services. Yet another one? Oh vey.

What if is like Portal 2?
You buy a boxed version, you redeem your serial having your game on PC, then you can sell boxed version again.
I did this for Portal 2 with PS3 version, it was a very good deal, the game was 40€, they gave me back 30€, and I had the Steam copy for free.

And that's why Valve didn't release HL3. But joke aside I assume this will be Windows Store for "PC". So that would imply that w10 will have proper desktop apps in store or better integrated metro with less rules so that the "desktop apps" can make into the store.

Dr Dogg

I was afraid that that would be the case in 16:9 due to it being zoomed in. Nevertheless, I'll give that aspect ratio a try for a bit just to satiate my curiosity.

Oh I wouldn't worry about it too much. to the average person who plays games for fun they would hardly notice, if at all. Though to the anally retentive folk like me it sticks out like a sore thumb :p

DocSeuss

There are people that review as a hobby and not as a job or monetize it at all though.
And again, limiting the publicity of multiplayer-only 15$ indie game is not really a smart decision.

Also, seems DocSeuss posted there. His post reflects pretty well my feelings about this.

Do I want to know if they responded to me?

Also, was totally on tons of painkillers at the time (had my dental surgery yesterday, went well but way longer than it was supposed to) and totally exhausted, so probably wasn't as perfect as it could have been.

Well, I would need to play the first at least once before, haha.

Tbh, hearing that KOTOR series is progenitor to Mass Effect makes me excited but I can't justify at its - even sale - prices considering my backlog.

Hm. If there was a Star Wars bundle with the space fighting games and KOTORs, that could very well change my stance. But that's never gonna happen, haha.

It sounds good for Xbox owners but only more hassle for non.
Just another new service which will most likely be not up to par with long-existing other ones.

For me personally this being true would be very bad tbh since MCC would highly likely be exclusive to MS's PC service.

Please not be true. I can't muster to buy games on other services. Yet another one? Oh vey.
KOTOR takes precedence over nearly everything in a backlog. Seriously. Buy them. Play them. Now.

Lomax

I kinda... wouldn't care at all.

Like... if I have a gaming PC and the games are releasing on PC, then why do I care about playing them on Xbox? If it's for the friends or community functions then this is just GFWL all over again, and I probably have more PC friends than Xbox friends.

If I don't have a gaming PC, then... I guess this is a benefit if the stuff I buys is future proof for some future time where I have a gaming PC... but it's certainly not in my short term calculus, and this point in the generation is the point where I care least about future-proofing.

Now, if cross-buy came with a renewed commitment towards releasing on-time ports, then that'd be a benefit, but that'd be a benefit even if there was no cross-buy.

I feel like PS3-PS4 crossbuy benefits people because it takes risk out of deciding whether or not to move to the new generation. I feel like PS<X>-Vita crossbuy benefits people because those are two very different products with different goals in mind. The same is not true with console-PC, unless you could the Shield generation of streaming tablet things or whatever, but I think that's a tiny little niche.

I dunno.

Seems to me like it could only increase the chance of more PC ports, which is a good thing. So long as it brings me Killer Instinct.

pahamrick

Hm. Is it really that good? You make me curious.

If you like Star Wars at all, you need to play the KotOR games. Two got a bad rap at release thanks to Lucas Arts screwing Obsidian, but the game is great even without the mod that adds in cut content. With the mod? Makes a great game even better.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This was added to all AssCreed Unity Gold Edition/Season Pass subs a little while ago. It's presumably AssCreed Chronicles (the Season Pass was set to contain just it and Dead Kings, if memory serves), in which case it must be around the corner (hopefully I can run the bloody thing, haha).

Bah. Stupid brain!

Hm. Is it really that good? You make me curious.

Both KOTOR games at first tier and I buy you the bundle.

I'm tempted to buy them again because KOTOR. I bought the Android version as soon as it came out because KOTOR and to have it on my phone. Double dipping is a big deal for me, for example I have Dragon Age on Origin even though it's been on sale on Steam several times, so the great temptation to do so for KOTOR shows how much I love it.

The first game is amazing and the second one is even better. It's a true GOAT and a damn shame that KOTOR III still doesn't exist.

If you like Star Wars at all, you need to play the KotOR games. Two got a bad rap at release thanks to Lucas Arts screwing Obsidian, but the game is great even without the mod that adds in cut content. With the mod? Makes a great game even better.
Kotor 1 lowest price on Steam 2,24€ in Nov '12
Kotor 2 lowest price on Steam 2,49€ in Jan '13

Damn. Doesn't look promising to get them next summer.

Dr Dogg

Bah. Stupid brain!

Well interesting point is that due to Unity still being unreleased in the UK when that bit of DLC launched it's still not available here (guess it was too much work make the game and the DLC available at the same time eh Ubi). Though if you must have everything you can add them to you cart from these bundles of 1 solitary item here.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/51256
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/51258/

I really have no idea what's going on with them at the moment :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom