• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAF, this is my life now.

It'd be sad if this wasn't the 1,000th time it's happened. The only reason I didn't respond to this particular fellow (which I'm usually very good at) is that it arrived the day after Christmas meaning it was one of about 100 similar emails I received between Dec 24 - Dec 26. Seems like everyone is still getting new Chromebooks for Christmas.

Oh, and I've been getting death threats from people who are upset about the bug in the latest version of Firefox. So that's been great too.

Sorry to hear this man. You put so much work into ES and then you're rewarded with this :(

When does Sleep go on sale, need to buy me some more of that.

In other news, I started playing Resident Evil, got a nice skin in CS:GO and finally got this:

qFMuOsa.jpg

and work was nice so all in all it was a okay day

Welcome to the club. Hell of an accomplishment.

I don't remember this giant red "cancel digital pre-order" button on my order page before. Maybe because it's a different machine and browser.

c1cddc86b0.png

I would love to know what's going on over there.

exclusive look at Gamestop :

I decided to call (figured it couldn't hurt) and see what was going on. I said the delay that was going on and the woman knew automatically I was talking about Gat Out of Hell. She made it seem like Deep Silver is delaying giving out keys and that's why the time keeps changing.

Judging by reviews they should want to take our money now and get it over with. Here's hoping it's honored

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I decided to call (figured it couldn't hurt) and see what was going on. I said the delay that was going on and the woman knew automatically I was talking about Gat Out of Hell. She made it seem like Deep Silver is delaying giving out keys and that's why the time keeps changing.

If so, my guess is that Deep Silver is waiting for confirmation that all $5 orders have been cancelled before providing keys for those that paid full price.

Chariot

I am done with HuniePop for now. The game became impossible since the threshold to win a date scaled higher with every successful one, but my stats maxed out, so at some point I couldn't keep up anymore. Got my ass kicked in ten times in a row with most of the time not being even close to finish them. I also don't know what to do to actually finish the game, if there is something like that.

edit: wait, I just remembered: I could turn the difficulty down. I might do that. But first I need to crush some fools in the League.

iosefe

I am done with HuniePop for now. The game became impossible since the threshold to win a date scaled higher with every successful one, but my stats maxed out, so at some point I couldn't keep up anymore. Got my ass kicked in ten times in a row with most of the time not being even close to finish them. I also don't know what to do to actually finish the game, if there is something like that.

inability to finish?

i've got a pill that could help with that

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Sorry to hear this man. You put so much work into ES and then you're rewarded with this :(

Oh it's no big deal really - I try to help where I can and at the very least point people in the right direction which in this case was to Steam support.

It makes me wonder how many Steam Support tickets revolve around Enhanced Steam. Last time I was at Valve I asked about this but the only answer I got was "a few". There are almost 3 times as many people using Enhanced Steam now than there were this time last year, so maybe that's gone from "a few" to "a few more".

Zeknurn

I hadn't heard about this so thanks for bringing it up. :) I'm always happy to bring Enhanced Steam to as many platforms as is possible, so I'll wait and see how this plays out. If it's as easy as wrapping the existing plugin in a new container and uploading it to Microsoft, I'm game.

Excellent. I think it's in Microsoft's interest to make it easy as possible for developers to re-purpose their Chrome extensions for Spartan. Lets hope this turns out to be the case.

Dr Dogg

I wonder if Valve get messages like this.

Dear Enhanced Steam

Why do you go down every time you have a sale on. I want to check the best prices from regions that I don't live in and it's never up until after I've lost patience and spent my money on other things. Oh and also you get my birthday wrong every year. It's nice you have balloons and such on my profile page but it's always 6 months after my birthday. Sort yourselves out!

I lied. Here are the extras plus some random stuff.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Skara: The Blade Remains -- MB-70A2FF7F5F68FFDA - Taken by Dice. 3 entrants total.
Betrayer -- MB-383E6206EEF615FA - Taken by nja. 3 entrants total.
The Maker's Eden -- MB-AC4C962FE1F418B8 - Taken by tioslash. 1 entrants total.

t1421774437z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I wonder if Valve get messages like this.

At this point I'd be more surprised if they didn't get some variation of this at least once a week.

under the annoucement: "MORE GAMES IN 47 HRS 03 MIN 32 SEC"

GOG's site isn't loading for me but will Rogue Squadron really come out on Thursday?

GAF, this is my life now.

It'd be sad if this wasn't the 1,000th time it's happened. The only reason I didn't respond to this particular fellow (which I'm usually very good at) is that it arrived the day after Christmas meaning it was one of about 100 similar emails I received between Dec 24 - Dec 26. Seems like everyone is still getting new Chromebooks for Christmas.

Oh, and I've been getting death threats from people who are upset about the bug in the latest version of Firefox. So that's been great too.

Some people just plain suck. You're awesome and enhanced Steam is an incredible thing for people with more than one brain cell i.e. not the kind of person that sent you that email.

Benedict

Started with Hexcells now...
Is there any way you can see what puzzles I am missing "points" in?
"Mildly" irritating at the moment where I am missing 33 points to unlock level 6 puzzles but have no idea which puzzles I need to replay...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wish it were possible to contact the department within Disney that's been handling these re-releases. I want Stubbs the Zombie to come back and Disney has been sitting on it since the Wideload acquisition.

SeZMehK

Started with Hexcells now...
Is there any way you can see what puzzles I am missing "points" in?
"Mildly" irritating at the moment where I am missing 33 points to unlock level 6 puzzles but have no idea which puzzles I need to replay...

i also ran into that problem, i still dont know whether theres a menu to go look, they should definitely add something like a hovering menu over each tile showing progress

only other way for me is to go through all of them again but thats alot of work to do

Saiyan-Rox

Can someone clear something up for me? those sellers in the buy and sell and other sites that sell their regions stuff how exactly are they adding me and sending the gift without me telling them my username? is it just via email? I didn't think you could search via email on steam.

Can someone clear something up for me? those sellers in the buy and sell and other sites that sell their regions stuff how exactly are they adding me and sending the gift without me telling them my username? is it just via email? I didn't think you could search via email on steam.

If you send a gift via email and it is accepted, you're automatically added to each others friend list.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
If I remember correctly, Rogue Squadron for the pc was rather broken.

It played fine back in the day. I beat the game and used a proper joystick too. The biggest modern issues are whatever version of DX it uses and the 16-bit installer not working properly with recent Windows releases (though I believe there is a community fix for that).

Phinor

i also ran into that problem, i still dont know whether theres a menu to go look, they should definitely add something like a hovering menu over each tile showing progress

only other way for me is to go through all of them again but thats alot of work to do

Doesn't it show exactly that when you load your save slot? In the screen where you choose which puzzle to go for. Solved puzzles with maximum points have white shading on them, while puzzles you have beat without max points are simply with a blue background without the extra shading.

Or did I understand the question wrong?

Backlogger

Sitting out on this Indiegala. Until the mystery games are revealed

Yep, I should have waited. Turns out I will be doing some giveaways...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

The Few -- MB-B20A19D1D2E664CC - Taken by Benedict
Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle -- MB-59EB2BCA44D8C1B6 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN

Miguel81

I think King's Field IV would actually be a huge success on PC.

The Ancient City was criminally underrated on release. I'd love to have the King's Field games on Steam, even the Japanese original(archaic as it may be).

I should tweet Devolver to get this game on Steam
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/3564/456714-mwc_wp1_1024.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

That has to be the most 'Murican game cover in existence.

Benedict

Of course my brain started working seconds after posting my message.
It's very subtle but the icons are vaguely different.
4-1 to 4-4 in the pic below are finished. But 4-5 is not, hence the difference.

SeZMehK

Of course my brain started working seconds after posting my message.
It's very subtle but the icons are vaguely different.
4-1 to 4-4 in the pic below are finished. But 4-5 is not, hence the difference.

oh wow, i never even noticed that, thanks, but they should def make it better

bluechox2

The more I see screenshots, the more I want this. I hopethe hype train will go away soon, so I can rest in peace until a 75% off will happen XD
The only way this Remastered could be better is including the original as well as unlockable content.

i would get this when the price drops

derExperte

I hadn't heard about this so thanks for bringing it up. :) I'm always happy to bring Enhanced Steam to as many platforms as is possible, so I'll wait and see how this plays out. If it's as easy as wrapping the existing plugin in a new container and uploading it to Microsoft, I'm game.

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsof...support?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Neowin has learned a bit more about these extensions and how Microsoft plans to make its browser attractive for developers. Spartan will be able to use Chrome extensions and, while we are not sure if they will work 100% natively, the way extensions have been implemented is nearly identical to that of Chrome which will make it a simple process for developers to make their extensions work on Spartan.

Shouldn't the codes have been delivered by now? They charged me, but I've been waiting for a cancellation email. Nothing yet, so the next worst option would be that they took our money and ran.

Yeah...they said the codes would be up at 9 CST...then 10...11...12...and since the next hour is coming up I'm waiting for another hour to be added

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom