• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I still hasn't played the side-stories yet.

And
Does Conway always get "hired" by them? I remember that the last thing he said in the episode was "I guess I start in The morning". So, is it always line this?

It would be safe to assume that Conway is destined to end up in their debt. A lot of his dialog seems to lean towards having a history that would involve alcohol, and he swallows a pretty expensive bit of that special Hard Times commencement whiskey. And with his leg taking the skeletal form that all of the workers have in the distillery, there's a pretty good chance his soul had already been tainted. He was essentially sweet talked by the devil himself.

Part of the side-episode "Here and There Along the Echo" covers this in a special hidden message encoded in a numbers station broadcast. Since it requires ~50 minutes of waiting and a lot of math to decode, I'll explain further in the spoiler below:

After the community figured out the pattern and decoded the message, it had revealed a piece of prose.

"By night we suffer, wandering,
night frees the imprisoned spirits,
and his cage abandoned Cerberus himself strays.
At dawn the law demands return to the pools of Lethe: we are borne across,
and the ferryman counts the load he’s carried."

It was discovered that this was a part of a short story from Elegies by Sextus Propertius, a Latin poet.

Due to the short's nature speaking after the death of a character, there are references to both Cerberus and Charon, associated with the River Styx. We can interpret that the ferry we saw the crew boarding at the end of Act 3 of KR0 is the Zero's analog to the river of the dead. So, by accepting his position at Hard Times, Conway has accepted his condemnation.

Grief.exe

I'm tempted to buy them again because KOTOR. I bought the Android version as soon as it came out because KOTOR and to have it on my phone. Double dipping is a big deal for me, for example I have Dragon Age on Origin even though it's been on sale on Steam several times, so the great temptation to do so for KOTOR shows how much I love it.

The first game is amazing and the second one is even better. It's a true GOAT and a damn shame that KOTOR III still doesn't exist.

The Old Republic is KOTOR 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and beyond!©

milena87

KOTOR2 is both a contender for best written RPG of all time and the best EU story outside of the Thrawn Trilogy.

Yes. It is THAT good.

KOTOR1 is not nearly as good but still a fantastic RPG.

Totally agree. KotOR 2 is a must have for any RPG fan.

One of my favourite games ever.

Lomax

Kotor 1 lowest price on Steam 2,24€ in Nov '12
Kotor 2 lowest price on Steam 2,49€ in Jan '13

Damn. Doesn't look promising to get them next summer.

Best deals you're gonna get from Disney is 50-66% it seems. The whole Star Wars bundle is a pretty good deal though when it's on sale.

Humble Disney Bundle
First tier, $50 for five games. No tiers above or below. Pay what you want.

BELIEVE

Star Wars has been in a humble bundle before!
The comics. And the pinball tables.

The dream is alive again!

f0b4ba3f92.png

What did I miss why is this so cheap?

Raven's Cry is out in less than a week! Don't forget why we're excited for it (NSFW)!

Now, SteamGAF: Dragon Age: Inquisition, Skyrim, AC4, and now Raven's Cry are the only games I'm aware of with crazy in-game songs. Are there any more out there (on Steam)?

You can end that sentence right there.
Haha, that almost seems true at times.

I've still got no idea how only the Sith Warrior managed to have an actual, genuine, branching choice/consequence in its campaign. It must've been decided very early on.

pahamrick

Asked that Deep Silver PR guy on twitter if there was any truth to the statement that Deep Silver was witholding Gat out of Hell keys until the $5 orders were cancelled, and he blocked me.

I don't know why, but I find that funny.

Turfster

Humble Card Game bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Scrolls Full Version
  • Solforge Dinosaur Starter
  • Star Realms Full Version
  • Talisman Digital Edition + Prologue + 2 Character Packs
  • ?
TIER 2: BTA
  • Magic 2015 Duels of the Planeswalkers Special Edition + Garruk's Revenge
  • Dominion Online Seaside Expansion
  • Solforge Two Starters + Bonus Gold
TIER 3: 12$
  • Dominion Online Intrigue + Prosperity Expansions
  • Scrolls Deluxe Pack
  • Card Hunter Basic Edition Premium

Free: Card City Nights (1$ for Steam key)

Lomax

Card City Nights was #3 on my SteamGaf goty voting and is a ton of fun. Glad to see it get some exposure. The bundle is kinda weird though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom