• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExoSoul

Banned
I honestly don't think the consumer should be punished for a retailer's mistake. Was it exploited? Certainly so, I bet that some people if anything got a key not for them but for someone else but the error was with the retailer.

When there's a price mistake on a physical retailer (ex: catalogue for that week shows a lower price; price on the display is lower than what it should be; incorrect amount of discount during a promotion) the retailer is force to uphold that price until the issue is fixed, why should digital retailers be different? The client went to the store, saw an advantageous price and bought it, any mistake is at the store's loss.

/rant and sorry for the redundancies, I tend to do that...

inm8num2

I've been trying out the Pressure skin and like it quite a bit. I've been using an older version of Air since that skin had some changes and turned to a light theme (although there are some user-made dark variants in the Air group discussions).

Chariot

That 4 on the right island can be solved by looking at the column between the two -2-'s.

pro tip: If you see a -3- with only 4 possible spots, the first and last have to be blue.
Left side with {3} is pretty easy

Arthea, don't kill me, I know there's a lot of other hexes that can be easily marked.

Thank you for your valuable tips! :)

HAaHmgV.png

Now waiting for Hexcells Plus sale.

derExperte

When there's a price mistake on a physical retailer (ex: catalogue for that week shows a lower price; price on the display is lower than what it should be; incorrect amount of discount during a promotion) the retailer is force to uphold that price until the issue is fixed, why should digital retailers be different? The client went to the store, saw an advantageous price and bought it, any mistake is at the store's loss.

That's not how it works in Germany and many other countries, price mistakes do not have to be honored, doesn't matter if it's retail or online. Edit: Okay, unless you have already left the store with the item which could be equated to giving out a key and revoking. Guess that's a grey area.

Not sure how I feel about this bundle.

I'd like Talisman on $1 tier if I didn't spend a little more than that for it at the sale already.

Star Realms is a game that I bought as a physical card game and haven't played it yet.

Dominion is neat, but does the bundle only include expansions, no base game?

Scotch

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Scotch, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Empire: Total War -- MB-5A614C5AA2EFB292 - Taken by Polishin8r. 4 entrants total.

t1421783256z1.png

So is SolForge any good?

I enjoyed playing scrolls, but last year the community was a bit hit or miss. I'd regularly get sworn at or have people simply let the clock run down when they knew they had lost a match. That made it frustrating because I had to wait a couple minutes until they timed out to get the match reward. But the game itself I'd recommend.

Lomax

Same here. Better get refunded if this key isn't gonna show.

I found mine by using the guest order system and putting in my email and order number. Now here's hoping they don't get de-activated before I get a chance to use it... wish Steam had web redemption. They can revoke them after a month like with the Warlock 2 keys, that would be okay.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
jshackles and the whole of Steam community

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Magic 2015 is absolute garbage. 2014 was way, way better. I haven't played the 2015 expansion yet - I hear it fixes a few things but at this point I'm not sure if I can put myself through that again.

EDIT: also, just got my Gat out of Hell code from Gamestop!

Shadownet

Banned
I've always wonder about this. Gat Out of Hell is an obvious reference to Meat Loaf. But how long ago did they planned this?

I mean did they named the character Gat just so they can use it this way?
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Magic 2015 is absolute garbage. 2014 was way, way better. I haven't played the expansion yet - I hear it fixes a few things but at this point I'm not sure if I can put myself through that again.

I wanna duel you in 2014 jshackles.

All that Gat talk. I see that the ps4 version of IV + Gat will be arriving for me from gamefly....

But then I just looked at the IGN review and it points out that the ps4 version of the collection requires the included download code to get Gat, while the Xbox One version comes on the disk.

Damn, if I had known, I could have just rented the Xbox One version instead.

fenners

Not sure how I feel about this bundle.

I'd like Talisman on $1 tier if I didn't spend a little more than that for it at the sale already.

Star Realms is a game that I bought as a physical card game and haven't played it yet.

Dominion is neat, but does the bundle only include expansions, no base game?

Base game is free, I believe, with the expansions being paid unlocks.

https://www.playdominion.com/Dominion/gameClient.html

Chariot

IIRC, there's been some pretty bad impressions of Magic 2015. Or was that another game? I think it was jshackles among others.
The game is bad. WotC just don't know how to make it's fun game fun in the virtual world. No Magic game they made was ever good. I rather recommend Hearthstone, the YuGiOh! pc games and the Pokemon GB game, depending what system one likes.
I've always wonder about this. Gat Out of Hell is an obvious reference to Meat Loaf. But how long ago did they planned this?

I mean did they named the character Gat just so they can use it this way?
Nah, I doubt it. Especially since the first Saints Row was a lot more serious thatn SR now is. They did a lot of gags with the name, like the GAT V dlc when GTA V was released :D

Shadownet

Banned
The game is bad. WotC just don't know how to make it's fun game fun in the virtual world. No Magic game they made was ever good. I rather recommend Hearthstone, the YuGiOh! pc games and the Pokemon GB game, depending what system one likes.Nah, I doubt it. Especially since the first Saints Row was a lot more serious thatn SR now is. They did a lot of gags with the name, like the GAT V dlc when GTA V was released :D

Well now, I had fun with 2014. Do I wish they had build your own deck mode? yes. Do I wish they had the expansion sets in there? yes.
But for what it is, its at least moderately fun!

I just got a phone call from AMC. going in for a group interview tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get a job!

Nah, I doubt it. Especially since the first Saints Row was a lot more serious thatn SR now is. They did a lot of gags with the name, like the GAT V dlc when GTA V was released :D
Well if thats the case. It's one hell of a coincidence then. Hehe

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is it confirmed that the "1 week exclusivity" with GoG was Pre-Order only? No way it's a "1 week after release" deal?

Yes. I don't have links on-hand, however GOG's original tweet implied that the PC version as a whole was exclusive with a follow-up clarifying that the exclusivity referred to pre-orders for a one-week period. Pre-orders went live on GOG a week ago today so the game should show up in a matter of hours at the absolute most, but we are talking about DF here.

Danj

Oh, and I've been getting death threats from people who are upset about the bug in the latest version of Firefox. So that's been great too.

You know you can report death threats to the police, right? I'm pretty sure even in America it's some sort of crime to do a death threat.

Shadownet

Banned
We may have to make this happen at some point.

I asked a friend about this the other day who is in computer engineering.

About how is it possible to make a software that you and your friends can put your deck in, and it would let you duel one another (aka like the online games itself) BUT it would also let you duel an AI using your friend's deck when he is offline.

I thought that would be interesting. Because my best friend who is 5 hours away at college, obviously we can't duel one another or test out how strong our deck is unless it's like over Skype.

So having a program like that would be pretty awesome. Getting to test out my deck against his, even if we have conflicting schedule.

Is this too ambitious of a project? Honestly, I don't know why WotC haven't done this yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom