• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Hey guys, quick question. A bit OT since it's not really about Steam but you guys might know.

Are those "Social Club" keys for GTA5 region free?

I'm looking at the Nuuvem price right now and it's pretty much the best deal available.

Jawmuncher

Took me about 3-4 hours to beat Gat out of Hell.
Was ok nothing special and sure as hell isn't worth the 20 bucks they are asking for.
Even though they label it as a expansion it's nothing more than a stand alone DLC you would have seen on one of the other titles really. I can't imagine paying more than 10 for this. Unless you really like Saints Row and getting all the achievements.

Took me about 3-4 hours to beat Gat out of Hell.
Was ok nothing special and sure as hell isn't worth the 20 bucks they are asking for.
Even though they label it as a expansion it's nothing more than a stand alone DLC you would have seen on one of the other titles really. I can't imagine paying more than 10 for this. Unless you really like Saints Row and getting all the achievements.

Wow, does that 3-4 hours include all side missions?

Jawmuncher

Wow, does that 3-4 hours include all side missions?

The game is basically nothing but side missions.
I got all the powers (Which I think you have to do) and only did 3 of the loyalty missions since they don't seem to affect anything. I could have beaten it faster if I realized that only red marked items progress the bar.

Feep

Banned
Just came around watching There Came An Echo Story Trailer and I have to say, I am surprised that the game seems to have a big focus on story.

Makes me more interested.

Also, if Feep is reading, the voice-cast for Grace is super good. Such a cute voice.
I AM ALWAYS READING

Thanks! That's Cassandra Lee Morris. We initially went out to her because of her work as Edea in Bravely Default. = D

There Came An Echo looks amazing. I've been idling cards for a few days now to build up steam wallet to put towards a pre-order / purchase ASAP.
Steam is discouraging preorders these days. Alas. = D But thank you!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
No it's my evil doppelganger Prof Pugg.

image.php

SlPZ67t.png

I might start curating whimsy games on Steam. There aren't enough.

Is this something other people are doing already? Unsure whether to bother. It's not like Steam is over run with games like that anyway.

ExoSoul

Banned
I mean this in the utmost heterosexual way. You're a pretty good looking man.

Now I wonder what JaseC, zkylon, Turf, etc looks like.
May I ask why you're so curious? If any thing I'd be interested in their voice, looks never did much for me.
In fact I prefer not to know (not that you guys hurt the eyesight).

I love Pokemon but never got into playing TCG, I did collect the first few series of cards fully just in the 'collecting them' sense though. Even had a Charizard! :O

I've been thinking of collecting the last few cards from my collection and selling it as complete. It probably won't come close to the money invested in buying packs. But at least I won't be reminded of all the money wasted.

So many crappy energy cards.

Miguel81

Dr. Dogg almost looks like my cousin Marcio with that goatee.

Right then boys and girls Squenix is asking for feedback re Final Fantasy.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=976028

Answer how you like but in the interests of Steam (well my selfish interests anyway) just select PC as your only played platform and for Christs sake DO NOT select that you play mobile games.

And done. PC is my only platform atm so it was quick to complete.

Shadownet

Banned
May I ask why you're so curious? If any thing I'd be interested in their voice, looks never did much for me.
In fact I prefer not to know (not that you guys hurt the eyesight).

It's just I've talked to them for so long. Whenever I picture them. It's always their avatar. So I guess it would be fun to know what they look like.

But then again, I guess you're right. sometimes it's better not to know. Whenever I think of JaseC, I see Saoirse. So that's pretty good. Knowing what JaseC look like would probably ruin that illusion.

While the price is still 30$ in China, it seems that if you try to get the ROW sub through the cart exploit it auto-corrects the price to the original ROW price(so 59.99$)

Oh. I see. So no problem for me to just buy it for myself here, right?

At least they changed my Steam Wallet currency so next time there is such a mistake, I can help out finally.

I thought this was pretty interesting to know about HuniePop, sorry if it's been posted.

https://twitter.com/HuniePop/status/557692823450177536

Sounds good. I think every All Ages version should get an uncensored patch.

Deitus

I thought this was pretty interesting to know about HuniePop, sorry if it's been posted.

https://twitter.com/HuniePop/status/557692823450177536

Huh. I was wondering why the dev was so brazen as to post the uncensored patch right on the Steam discussion page, and pin it to the top. I guess that answers it.

If that's the way Valve is handling this though, I really have to wonder why they wouldn't just sell the game uncensored in the first place. Seems like a meaningless distinction between selling an Adults Only game, and selling a game that can be effortlessly turned into an adults only game and posting the instructions to do so 2 clicks away from the storefront.

Lomax

Kudos to Gamestop for honoring the Gat Out of Hell orders. I'm impressed.

Waaaaaaaaay too early to say what the end result will be. It took GG over a month to revoke the Warlock II keys. I'm glad they got keys out, but that could well have just been the automated system taking hold.

Huh. I was wondering why the dev was so brazen as to post the uncensored patch right on the Steam discussion page, and pin it to the top. I guess that answers it.

If that's the way Valve is handling this though, I really have to wonder why they wouldn't just sell the game uncensored in the first place. Seems like a meaningless distinction between selling an Adults Only game, and selling a game that can be effortlessly turned into an adults only game and posting the instructions to do so 2 clicks away from the storefront.

If it takes concerted effort to enable by following an off of Steam process, there's no way anyone could claim that Steam was at fault if someone plays the game that way. In the wake of Hot Coffee and the like, that's what matters to these companies, if they can be held responsible.

GAF, this is my life now.

It'd be sad if this wasn't the 1,000th time it's happened. The only reason I didn't respond to this particular fellow (which I'm usually very good at) is that it arrived the day after Christmas meaning it was one of about 100 similar emails I received between Dec 24 - Dec 26. Seems like everyone is still getting new Chromebooks for Christmas.

Oh, and I've been getting death threats from people who are upset about the bug in the latest version of Firefox. So that's been great too.

I feel you, I work on a Tech Support and the amount of dumb things that I heard from some clients is unbelievable.

I should tweet Devolver to get this game on Steam
456714-mwc_wp1_1024.jpg

It could be awesome to get this game on PC

Bundlestars has Silence Of The Sleep which is something new and franchise game. Buy that!

In other news, I started playing Resident Evil, got a nice skin in CS:GO and finally got this:

qFMuOsa.jpg

and work was nice so all in all it was a okay day

So business as usual for any software developer. Maybe change the name to Enchanced Yamz

Congrats!

We need more fishing games!

Yup. According to this other thread, it's related to Indigo Prophecy.

Might buy if the sex scene is up to current graphical standards ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Did the original version even got a Steam release back in the day?

Citizens of Earth is out and is 20% off for the first week.

----

And if you were waiting on Apotheon:

Vermeulen [developer] Jan 19 @ 4:17pm
Sorry but I still can't give a release date yet! Waiting on word from Sony on exactly when we can announce.

Nice, this game looks so good.

I assume there are some legal reasons for that.
Lets assume a publisher releases a VN on Steam that has some loli-content or some 38year old woman, who looks like 14.
If Valve allows that directly, maybe they are at fault when some legal problems arise.
If the dev does it though just through Steam as a communication tool, maybe the dev/publisher is at fault.

Deitus

If it takes concerted effort to enable by following an off of Steam process, there's no way anyone could claim that Steam was at fault if someone plays the game that way. In the wake of Hot Coffee and the like, that's what matters to these companies, if they can be held responsible.

I'm not sure how this in any way prevents a Hot Coffee situation. The game was sold with explicit content contained in the game code, but is gated off. The "patch" to get the uncensored version is literally creating a dummy file with a specific name and putting it in the game directory. That's 100 times easier to do than modding an Xbox to access content that was never supposed to be seen.

AsfaeksBR

Played almost an hour of Citizen of Earth, and it's good. Nice combat (easy to understand, but looks like it will take time to master, specially with each follower being só different), good jokes. And there are A LOT of secundary quests!

Too bad The game crashed twiced, but I heard there's a fix incoming.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Skara: The Blade Remains -- MB-A1233A86D404C759 - Taken by Kiru
Betrayer -- MB-D6BFCD0F9473AFEB - Taken by ExoSoul

Lomax

I'm not sure how this in any way prevents a Hot Coffee situation. The game was sold with explicit content contained in the game code, but is gated off. The "patch" to get the uncensored version is literally creating a dummy file with a specific name and putting it in the game directory. That's 100 times easier to do than modding an Xbox to access content that was never supposed to be seen.

I just mean since Hot Coffee, everyone has been in "CYA" mode. So long as it requires this patch, Steam can blame the developer for anything inappropriate, whereas if it was official DLC on the store, they would have a certain degree of culpability.

I've been wanting to give someone this but I keep forgetting...

I have a 50% off coupon for Lichdom: Battlemage. I already have the game so if anyone wants the coupon just say so. I don't need anything back in return...just trying to get it to someone that can use it.

Deitus

I just mean since Hot Coffee, everyone has been in "CYA" mode. So long as it requires this patch, Steam can blame the developer for anything inappropriate, whereas if it was official DLC on the store, they would have a certain degree of culpability.

I suppose as a CYA move it makes sense to a point. It just seems like if that was there goal, they would be doing a better job of actually covering themselves. Like making sure the explicit content had to be patched IN rather than the censoring patched out, and preventing the developer from advertising the patch on the Steam discussion boards. That way if a controversy did happen, Valve would have plausible deniability. I feel like the way they did it, they could still catch some blowback for not "doing enough" if another scandal happened.

I'm not complaining or anything, it's just an odd move.

I suppose as a CYA move it makes sense to a point. It just seems like if that was there goal, they would be doing a better job of actually covering themselves. Like making sure the explicit content had to be patched IN rather than the censoring patched out, and preventing the developer from advertising the patch on the Steam discussion boards. That way if a controversy did happen, Valve would have plausible deniability. I feel like the way they did it, they could still catch some blowback for not "doing enough" if another scandal happened.

I'm not complaining or anything, it's just an odd move.

I dont really think a scandal would happen with niché VN games or VN-like games. I mean GTA got flak because of that because it is huge and every mom and dad even knows what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom