• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitus

I dont really think a scandal would happen with niché VN games or VN-like games. I mean GTA got flak because of that because it is huge and every mom and dad even knows what it is.

Yeah, this game definitely wouldn't be the one to make a big deal about. The two games that had high profile controversy about "hidden content" that had to be re-rated, GTA San Andreas, and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, obviously blew up as big as they did because of how popular the games were.

I was more thinking in terms of overall policy, rather than the chances this specific instance would hurt them.

Like would they be able to do a similar thing for games that are banned in Germany and Australia? Sell the game censored, but then have a 10 second fix to turn the German version into the uncensored version and have that advertised right out in the open. Seems like that would be asking for trouble. I'm sure there are already mods that do this kind of thing, but those are actually modifying the game, and typically aren't advertised by the developers with permission from Valve.

Haha, you guys are crazy.

Bosstone is probably super excited and anxious at the same time. Gaf is just for distraction.

He's gonna be a good dad. I am sure.

Have fun with the +1

Like would they be able to do a similar thing for games that are banned in Germany and Australia? Sell the game censored, but then have a 10 second fix to turn the German version into the uncensored version and have that advertised right out in the open. Seems like that would be asking for trouble.

It would be because the censored version is tested by the USK (german PEGI). Though I think no one would care, but if someone does, it could be a problem.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I should tweet Devolver to get this game on Steam
456714-mwc_wp1_1024.jpg

I rather get these tbqh.
78a2a08f08.png

Dambrosi

Banned
I take it everybody who got the HD REmaster got it from Nuuvem? There's no region lock on it, and it's just over half price from there. Cost me £8 and change.

Arthea

Cat Goes Fishing is very simple, but it's very addictive and fun.
and I have only couple of hours sleep left...
how could you Nabs?

GaussTek

For those who missed this thread, you can now use a Wii U Pro Controller on PC via Bluetooth as an XInput device (Xbox 360 controller), just as people have been using the DS4 for a while.

I don't own a Pro one yet, but I've already tried a normal Wii Remote, and yep, it works (you can map the buttons). Just keep in mind that you'll need a BT adapter that is compatible with the Toshiba stack for better results.

As I already own a Wii U, this comes in handy and saves me from buying another controller. Also, I've heard that the Wii U Pro Controller is excellent.

Lomax

Bonus points to Gat out of Hell for automatically using my SRIV character as the president, I was worried when there was no creation option I'd get the awful generic "boss" they use.

Faabulous

You guys talking about HuniePop reminded me about that russian VN that had sex scenes. What happened with that? Were the sex scenes patched out or something?

Bonus points to Gat out of Hell for automatically using my SRIV character as the president, I was worried when there was no creation option I'd get the awful generic "boss" they use.

Yeah...it uses your most current President from your SRIV saves. If you don't have one then you get the generic option.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
How is this allowed on Steam?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/327640

If the art assets come from the game then it's either copyright infringement OR requires you to have a copy of the base game (in which case it won't be function for the vast majority of people on Steam and there's no indication on the store page). I guess if the art assets are original then it might be OK, but it's still totally bizarre to be available on Steam.

Is anyone else having issues redeeming their Gat out of Hell code on Steam that they got from the gamestop sale?

It's telling me I need to activate the base game first...

Is anyone else having issues redeeming their Gat out of Hell code on Steam that they got from the gamestop sale?

It's telling me I need to activate the base game first...

It's weird how they did it.
The code you received via email is for the DLC. The actual game code is on the website. There's a section in Gamestop.com where you can input your email and the order #. Do that and you'll get a link to your code.

Yep! I'm dumb. Thanks guys....and it looks like I didn't sing in when I bought the game because my order history is blank.

Found it. Had to go to the guest order look-up thing.

That was quite a process, GS...

If the art assets come from the game then it's either copyright infringement OR requires you to have a copy of the base game (in which case it won't be function for the vast majority of people on Steam and there's no indication on the store page). I guess if the art assets are original then it might be OK, but it's still totally bizarre to be available on Steam.

Lol indeed. It's literally Caesar III which I loved as a kid.
So, the dev is rdt.32..

It's not as bad as Spartans Vs Zombies Defence.

or is it?

madjoki

Any used names, symbols or other copyrighted material is the property of the respective owners.
We do not take any responsibility if this mod harms your software or hardware.
We assume that you (end user/player) own a licensed copy of the Caesar III(c), otherwise you should buy the game before using this mod. Failing to do so will be breaching the license agreement.

This disclaimer makes it totally legit.
/s

HEYYY HuniePop has 2 of those girls from some other game (the red hair one and the tan girl who if my memory serves correct is spanish). I remember seeing a video way back where those 2 were arguing in a mall, the voice acting was so bad it was hilarious imo. but tot the games credit they talked like actual people, well at least thats how the people i know talk more or less. The game isn't listed under the developer tho :( what game was it >_>

HEYYY HuniePop has 2 of those girls from some other game (the red hair one and the tan girl who if my memory serves correct is spanish). I remember seeing a video way back where those 2 were arguing in a mall, the voice acting was so bad it was hilarious imo. but tot the games credit they talked like actual people, well at least thats how the people i know talk more or less. The game isn't listed under the developer tho :( what game was it >_>

It was Huniepop.

Did Valve just update the activity feed so that all posts have boxes around them or am I just unobservant?
Yep. Looks good imo.
Sadly they still haven't added the ability to press right-left arrow keys to scroll between screenshots once opened one. Instead you have to close the window and open the next image.
Embarrassing that such a basic feature is still not there. Can't possibly be more than a days work.
For those who missed this thread, you can now use a Wii U Pro Controller on PC via Bluetooth as an XInput device (Xbox 360 controller), just as people have been using the DS4 for a while.

I don't own a Pro one yet, but I've already tried a normal Wii Remote, and yep, it works (you can map the buttons). Just keep in mind that you'll need a BT adapter that is compatible with the Toshiba stack for better results.

As I already own a Wii U, this comes in handy and saves me from buying another controller. Also, I've heard that the Wii U Pro Controller is excellent.
Being able to use the WiiU tablet-thing for streaming PC/Steam gaming ala Shield or Vita-remoteplay would be pretty dope as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom