• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinBB7

Is the Evolve beta over or something? I finished the tutorials 2 days ago but haven't tried a real match yet, now it just says purchase instead of play..

Momentary

Banned
New Shoot'em up coming to Steam on the 23rd.

Super Galaxy Squadron.

FrigidImprobableFlyingfish.gif

Not gonna lie, was super surprised to find the keys were honored. I suppose it is possible for Deep Silver to revoke them, but I really doubt they'd go for the bad publicity. I guess time will tell. Either way, see yall in hell.

louiedog

I was bummed at the lack of radio in Gat Out of Hell, but I just found out that Motley Crue's Greatest Hits is free from Google Play this week. I'll just let that play in the background while I shout at the devil.

Deitus

I was bummed at the lack of radio in Gat Out of Hell, but I just found out that Motley Crue's Greatest Hits is free from Google Play this week. I'll just let that play in the background while I shout at the devil.

Wait, really? It didn't even occur to me that that would be an issue. Is there just no music at all when you are wandering the open world?

After SR4 made the smart move of not requiring you to be in a car to listen to the radio, this is a huge disappointment.

Argentina
Total Bytes: 276.1 TB
Average Download Rate: 3.3 Mbps
Percentage of global Steam Traffic: 0.4%

I guess that's why we don't have our own regional store and get screwed by region locks anyway :(

oipic

How is this allowed on Steam?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/327640

If the art assets come from the game then it's either copyright infringement OR requires you to have a copy of the base game (in which case it won't be function for the vast majority of people on Steam and there's no indication on the store page). I guess if the art assets are original then it might be OK, but it's still totally bizarre to be available on Steam.

Yeah, bit surprised this made it through the Greenlight process, let alone being released.

The dev stated, in response to a similar question, that the 'source code is open', but at the same time, 'I hope that you have your own copy' [of Caesar 3]... so even allowing for possible language difficulties, it certainly seems like the dev is aware that he is walking a fine line here - enough so that he seemingly attempted to contact Activision several times (to which it seems he may have interpreted a lack of response as an approval of sorts?).

More curious about who the 0.01% with 12 cores are, ha.
Oh yeah. That's crazy.

Would those even give any performance boost in games since I can't believe devs programming their games to take advantage of 12 cores.

I also remember Durante posting a screenshot of a machine he was working at which had 24 (?) CPUs in the PC thread, haha.

I still don't see why we don't default to brazilian store :(

Yeah, I suggested something like that some time ago (a year or so) but never got any answer. I asked for brazilian prices, but in dollars instead of pesos (giving us prices in pesos may be too risky for them)
No answer, so I guess they don't care about us at all. Probably one of the only 2 things Origin does better than Steam.

I'm really enjoying Killer is Dead a lot. Way more fun than that boring ass dead rising 3. The art direction is fucking gorgeous, I've taken quite a handful of screenshots. I'm almost done with the main story(which is boring and makes no sense, only reason i don't skip the cutscenes is cause they're pretty to look at), I'll finish it up tomorrow and do a few side missions. If anyone likes action games and is ok with a slower paced one that is pretty short I recommend picking it up when it goes on sale again.

oooh. well that explains why i couldn't find the other one :p

Wow, that developer note is the best thing I've read today:
Supplementary note
Please let us do the supplementary explanation of the game.

Please note this is an authentic Mahjong game with character images included for visual effect only. No undressing or nudity is included in the game.
The game is single player only with additional AI players for authentic Mahjong play.
Characters and character images used under license from their respective owners.

And, we have uploaded a Play Movie on the store page. We hope you will enjoy it!
It's so incredibly apologetic, formal, and hopeful all at once. I am endeared.

Kagemusha

Card Hunter from the Humble Bundle is accessible and fun. I should be playing Divinitiy or the Star Wars games from GOG.com but I can't stop clicking the red Onward button.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I just got the new Humble Bundle and it's giving me Steam keys instead of letting me redeem directly to Steam. Did they change something, or is it just for this one bundle?

ExoSoul

Banned
I'm really enjoying Killer is Dead a lot. Way more fun than that boring ass dead rising 3. The art direction is fucking gorgeous, I've taken quite a handful of screenshots. I'm almost done with the main story (which is boring and makes no sense, only reason i don't skip the cutscenes is cause they're pretty to look at), I'll finish it up tomorrow and do a few side missions. If anyone likes action games and is ok with a slower paced one that is pretty short I recommend picking it up when it goes on sale again.
Oh but it does, the game just doesn't spoon feed you. And you wouldn't find it boring if you knew what was going on ;)

I didn't bother with the Demon Souls platinum so I can't guarantee I'll go for it in Bloodborne either.
Fair enough =)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
can you or someone explain to me the gaf>internet>gaf thing, i see people use it every now and then and I don't understand the meaning to it.

News, an interesting fact, a unique way to play a game, artwork, and so forth gets brought up and talked about in a NeoGAF thread. That is the first GAF.
A website, blog, video reviewer, or what have you sees it on NeoGAF and shares it on their own. That's the internet.
Someone on NeoGAF sees it on a website, decides to share it on NeoGAF thinking it's new. That's the last GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom