• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabouter

Wait, this game is on Steam?
This is the only Sokal game I'm missing to play, and...it was on Steam and I didn't know :l
I mean, I know some says is really terrible, maybe his worst game at all, but I need to play it soon or later.

It's probably his weakest game (although it's not much weaker than Paradise), but it's certainly not terrible.

Arthea

Come on you all know you want that running-red-scarf-guy hint to be a very late port of Shinobi 2002.

if we go crazy, may as well remember that Lightning has a red cape-scarf or whatever that is she's wearing (><)

edited: it is Inua, no worries.

edit2: Majestic Nights and Inua are too good matches to be anything else. While I still have my doubts about the book and palm trees.

edit3: I've seen some info that BM17 has 10 games, 9 steam keys. Not sure how reliable it is, but seems about right.

Amplitude Studios is celebrating the Endless Day

2014 has been a great year for Amplitude (and for you thanks to the games we delivered ), and we look at the future with both excitement and confidence (well not overconfidence obviously). It is also interesting for us to look at the past and the story so far, as we are going to celebrate our fourth anniversary on January 21st. It also happens to be Romain’s birthday (Amplitude's Creative Director), although his actual age is a close kept secret (even more than the origin of the Endless).

Endless Space was an amazing success for a fledgling company (we were planning on selling 60.000 units in our original business plan), but it was also more than a commercial success. We had tremendous critical acclaim and even more importantly we were joined by a huge and fantastic community (that is you I am talking about ).

This first success allowed us to create two new games, Endless Legend and Dungeon of the Endless, one of them in an alcoholic quasi-slumber. After the first awards won by Endless Space (Unity Golden Cube and Community Choice awards), we are humbled by the number of awards and commendations we received for these last two games.

Anyway, this anniversary has given us the idea to celebrate an Endless Day. Rumor has it that this event could occur on a yearly basis. Be prepared for in-game events, rewards, gifts and whatnot. Also for those in Paris on the 21st, we are hosting a Beer2Gether at our offices.

Thanks again for your support and enjoy our first Endless Day
The Vaulters are now a free faction for everyone in Endless Space, and there are special events on all games celebrating the date.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Oh for sure, especially seeing as the event starts just as I'm going to get in the front door and there's much more important things to do, like sort out dinner, but there's this sick little part of me that likes watching the wheels fall of the metaphorical hype train in real time. Yeah really I should do something better with my time.

Haha, yeah thats a bad time for me as well. When I get home I have to spend the immediate next hour to two hours feeding and playing with my pup. Too much begging and whimpering for attention otherwise. Having a cat was so much less involved.

Probably better to attend to other things however. The PC aspect of Microsoft doesn't draw as much furor as the console side does.

Well the Windows Day of Reckoning™ is upon us. Anyone else going to tune in to watch some folks hopes and dreams crushed?
When is it starting and where to watch?
Watching stuff like that live is often enjoyable but I do think this event will be very, very few about gaming.

Anustart

I wanna see GFWL 2.0 and ALL metro. Just for the tears and rage.

Is Huniepop even any good, or is it just oh look, scantily clad womens sogood.jif?

MadGear

I just looked at a few videos of Dirty Bomb. Looks OK, the gunplay seems a lot like Battlefields but slightly faster. However, isn't this game bound to end up being pay 2 win with Nexon as the publisher? I was already super shocked when Bluestreak was announced with Nexon as its publisher simply because i expect everything related Nexon to be Pay 2 Win in one way or another (I still hope that Cliffy can prove me wrong once he finally reveals that game ...).

Knurek

I wanna see GFWL 2.0 and ALL metro. Just for the tears and rage.

Is Huniepop even any good, or is it just oh look, scantily clad womens sogood.jif?

What I really want to see is MS mentioning they outright bought Valve.
And that the next Steam Client update will only work on Win10 and will add monthly charge for all users.
I really don't want to see any of that

Maybe it's a daily and starts in ~6 hours? More exposure than custom sales.

Didn't we already have an Endless franchise deal earlier this month?

What I really want to see is MS mentioning they outright bought Valve.
And that the next Steam Client update will only work on Win10 and will add monthly charge for all users.
I really don't want to see any of that

image.php

Jawmuncher

14a549bf1ca03b29e9eb71a69021e1f3_large.jpg

"Hello everyone! On the same day that this campaign ended, Without Within also got approved by Valve for publication on Steam. Thank you so much for all of your votes! I really appreciate it."

Glad this got through was unsure how the votes were going.

Dr Dogg

When is it starting and where to watch?
Watching stuff like that live is often enjoyable but I do think this event will be very, very few about gaming.

Here I think.

http://news.microsoft.com/windows10story/

Here's the thing (and one that tends to get forgotten) the Xbox Division of Microsoft, while covering Xbox the console and Xbox Live the connecting service, also has Xbox Video and Xbox Music under it's wing (granted they've gone through many a name change since the Zune fiasco). So peeps hear Phil Spencer and immediately think 'Wow the head of the Xbox Division is talking at a Windows event? That can only mean one thing!' and then you get lots of far fetched speculation very much detached from what the actual event is about.

Arthea

I so have no time to post greenlight updates lately, just letting you know that Grisaia trilogy got greenlit too and Crescent Pale Mist finally, what should make uraizen happy.

Ayumi

Anyone with admin access in the Steam group around?

One of the admins had his account hijacked and some Russian is posting scam links in the chat.. none of the admins in the chat seems to be there right now, and I think someone needs to take care of his admin access until the account gets safe again..

If you don't believe me, I will send you screenshots upon request.

Anyone with admin access in the Steam group around?

One of the admins had his account hijacked and some Russian is posting scam links in the chat.. none of the admins in the chat seems to be there right now, and I think someone needs to take care of his admin access until the account gets safe again..

If you don't believe me, I will send you screenshots upon request.

It is me...
I just had some fun and didnt think anyone would take that seriously. Sorry :(

Ayumi

It is me...
I just had some fun and didnt think anyone would take that seriously. Sorry :(

Honestly, I don't know how stupid people on Steam really are, there are tons of hijacking going on daily and I never get surprised when people have their accounts stolen from clicking other people's links.

Didn't mean to kill your "fuN" but I just wanted to make sure no one in the chat actually clicked your link/got their account compromised.

tl;dr my paranoid ass got trolled. 10/10 would believe again.

Copons

Little more than 4 hours (9AM PST, 18 for us with the proper timezone and 24h display format) until the terrifying conference where Microsoft will say something "interesting for both Windows and XBOX gamers".

I did not follow much, but my instinct is getting super bad vibes.
Bad as in GFWL 2 The Revenge vibes. :'(

Little more than 4 hours (9AM PST) until the terrifying conference where Microsoft will say something "interesting for both Windows and XBOX gamers".

Uplay built into Windows 10, Windows store replaced with Uplay.

dex3108

Hey SteamGAF you guys and girls are reasonable so i will ask here. Is it me or Blizz got really greedy after Hearthstone and transition to F2P?

I mean in HS players with money have advantage, SP modes are really expensive (7$ par level or 25$ for all), card packs are pricy too if you want to collect all of them. And now in HotS they introduce this "Early Access" or Beta Access for 40$ + apparently you need to buy other heroes.

After this i am scared to think what they will do with Overwatch when comes out.

Little more than 4 hours (9AM PST, 18 for us with the proper timezone and 24h display format) until the terrifying conference where Microsoft will say something "interesting for both Windows and XBOX gamers".

Naaa. Leaks are saying that its mostly select games (mostly small indie games that microsoft publishes) will have an option that if you buy it on the Windows store, you will get a copy for the Xbox One as well. These games will probably be available on Steam as well but you won't get a free Xbox One version if you buy it there. If cross buy doesn't do anything for you, then its a non-issue. It isn't a return of GFWL.

Of course the leaks could be wrong but whatever.

Corpekata

Banned
What's currently the best option for a cheap Dying Light? I see it is roughly 38 bucks on Gamesplanet UK, anyone had good experiences with them? Wondering if I'd have to wait the extra days or if they give out keys early for preload and could just play it normally on the 27th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom