• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Worst case scenario.

MCC, Sunset Overdrive etc. exclusive to new Live Service on Win10.

Hope I'll be wrong.

That would be a pretty good scenario. PC ports being announced? Pretty good even if they are tied to shitty services

The most likely and worse scenario?
tumblr_l9qoj2jEhY1qzzud0.gif

Maniac

Banned
And it's enabled by default. Excellent.

Edit: Changing the setting requires e-mail confirmation also. I was a little worried for a second there.

This plus SteamGuard, plus two-step verification on my email... Plus two-step verification on my extra email that's one of the steps for my other email (other than my phone) basically means I'm... INVINCIBLE! Muahaha, muuuhahaha, muahah.

Seriously though, this is awesome. People give Valve a lot of shit for Steam, but the security has been top-notch for a while and is just getting better. I like it. I want my expensive digital hats to stay safe.

i wonder if PC-heavy blogs and tech-focused sites get annoyed when a chunk of this conference is used to push gaming the same way gamers get annoyed when a chunk of an E3 presser gets used to push some nonsense like a Sony TV show or Microsoft's sweet NFL deal. Just some food for thought.

kulapik

So I was going to play Super Meat Boy, it said executable missing, I go to the folder, totally empty.

I delete it, go download it again, it doesn't let me choose folder, after I click finish it already says ready to play, I click, executable missing.

The hell

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
and the odds it matches that next winter? who knows

Hard to say. Keep in mind that the game does come with 30 days of "free" play time, and even inactive accounts will be reactivated when the game goes F2P in March. So if it goes on sale any time in the next month it's basically like buying the F2P version.

tmarg

i wonder if PC-heavy blogs and tech-focused sites get annoyed when a chunk of this conference is used to push gaming the same way gamers get annoyed when a chunk of an E3 presser gets used to push some nonsense like a Sony TV show or Microsoft's sweet NFL deal. Just some food for thought.

I think there is a difference. If you are interested in PCs, you should be interested in the software available to them. You might not be interested in games specifically, but you should appreciate that a lot of people are, and that's why they are watching. It would be more like an E3 presser devoting a lot of time to a game genre you don't enjoy than a presser devoting time to TV.

Maniac

Banned
So I was going to play Super Meat Boy, it said executable missing, I go to the folder, totally empty.

I delete it, go download it again, it doesn't let me choose folder, after I click finish it already says ready to play, I click, executable missing.

The hell

Try changing download region and / or restart your Steam. I had a similar problem once or twice before, and I seem to remember one of them doing the trick.

are they streaming the event? if so I'll watch it while i play my vita or something. if not I'll go finish up killer is dead and check gaf to see what was announced. all i want really is a free upgrade to w10 if i own w8.1(which i do) anything else is sugar on top.

xBladeM6x

I'm expecting a GFWL revival, and that every developer on Earth to jump on, because developers never learn / publishers force it on them. Microsoft will attempt to justify this with "it's what gamers really want."

Yes, I'm extremely cynical. Leave me be. Lol

Phawx

Because I'm most likely going with a freesync monitor this has me excited:

That's according to WCCFTech, which is getting its information from Swedish website SWEClockers, "which have been proven to be quite accurate in their estimations." In this case, the report points to AMD running with the 380X nomenclature rather than 390X, which would indicate that an even more powerful graphics card is on tap for 2015.

As for the 380X, the use of HBM is reported to be 9 times faster than GDDR5. Looking at just the increased number of compute units, however, it's estimated that the 380X could be 45 percent faster than AMD's R9 290X, and that's without taking into considerations architectural improvements or memory bandwidth.

Turfster

Bundlestars Voyager bundle
Price: 3.15€
  • Syberia
  • Syberia II
  • Voyage: Journey To The Moon
  • Curse: The Eye of Isis
  • Syder Arcade
  • Wasteland Angel
  • Obulis
  • Haegemonia Double Pack

Gamersgate has daily deals on Paradox packs 75% off and Bamco deals up to 75% off

UBI has the "buy one of these and get one of those free" thing again. Split into two tiers this time.

Chariot

Microsoft has first to earn my respect back, before they can get me to get remotely hyped for anything they do, especially related to PC gaming. Sorry Phil.

Backlogger

Microsoft has first to earn my respect back, before they can get me to get remotely hyped for anything they do, especially related to PC gaming. Sorry Phil.

Yeah, this is kinda how I feel. I like Windows and even like Windows 8/8.1 and I will probably like Windows 10, but I get really nervous about their ideas relating to gaming. Hopefully they learned from some of the bad assumptions that they made when announcing details about the xBox One. I for one am not excited about today's announcements right now. I could be after they are done based on what they say, but not getting my hopes up at this point that they will actually offer features gamers really want.

is this any good?

If you don't have any of the games yet I would say its a good bundle. Syberia is a pretty good point and click series, though I haven't finished the first one yet...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thunder Wolves was pulled a short while ago. Although BitComposer owns the game, apparently another company owns the trademark, so I imagine that's where the issue lies.

Dr Dogg

Sweet, looks like I'll be picking it up for cheap during the Summer Sale. I was in the beta which I liked well enough, but not enough to pay a monthly subscription for playing. But I did like it well enough to pay $20 and play it without a subscription.

Check this mess out. I got given a beta code from someone who didn't want it and played about two evenings worth (after 3 days worth of downloading) and thought it was all right but lacking both what I like about MMO's and Elder Scrolls games. So about the time of release a retailer sent me an early access code (no idea why) so I could play the final game 5 days before it launched. Yet again I thought it was all right and improved a bit over the beta but still not enough to buy and sub to it. Then around my birthday last year a mate bought me the collectors ed because they were in the bargain bin by then and it has a pretty cool lore book which he knew I'd like bit the game itself has remained sealed. Then during the crimbo Steam sales sense that F2P/B2P was around the corner and that it might be wise to grab it on Steam now to get the goodies and extras with the Imperial Edition on Steam now or never I picked it up on the last day. So I've played 1 beta, 1 early access and have 2 copies of the game unregistered.

Saying that I've got a copy of FFXIV on Steam as well despite picking it up stand alone at launch, might start up a new service account when 2.5.3 is fully out in March before the Hevansward Expansion is out as that's probably when my band of muckers will be resubbing.

What is it :l

An error, of course.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=976517

either that stream is fucking doodoo or something is up with my connection, it buffers A LOT. why cant people just use youtube or something that actually works to stream shit. I'm assuming its only going to get worse once it actually starts

abracadaver

I want the gears of war games on steam. Nothing else for now.

I expect nothing from this event. Sounds more like windows 10 stuff for xbox instead of something good for windows gamers.

JaseC

I expect nothing from this event. Sounds more like windows 10 stuff for xbox instead of something good for windows gamers.

It's a little baffling that MS never released the GFWL Marketplace version of the original Gears on Steam.

Phawx

It's a little baffling that MS never released the GFWL Marketplace version of the original Gears on Steam.

Supposedly there is a GoW MCC-esque enhancement happening for Xbox One. If MCC happens on PC, chances are GoW bundle will happen as well.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
either that stream is fucking doodoo or something is up with my connection, it buffers A LOT. why cant people just use youtube or something that actually works to stream shit. I'm assuming its only going to get worse once it actually starts
Same thing is happening to me, it's so annoying.

yuraya

I would just like Lost Odyssey steam release for $15. Do it Phil. Wouldn't mind MCC as well but I just want to play the campaigns. Don't really care for halo multiplayer.

Don't care for much else tbh other than Windows 10 itself which I am looking forward to because I really liked Win8 and 8.1 a lot.

JaseC

Supposedly there is a GoW MCC-esque enhancement happening for Xbox One. If MCC happens on PC, chances are GoW bundle will happen as well.

Yeah, I recall reading about a "Marcus Fenix Collection" (poor Judgement).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom