• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Ok I want that full screen Start Menu and Action Centre to play with now. The new Notifications Centre that's already in 10 is awesome but that looks waaaay more handy.

"Free for the first year."
Is it subscription based?
Are you that stupid and evil, MS? =p

"Windows Gold, because fuck you give us money."

(please tell me I'm wrong, the stupid stream crapped out on me 10 minutes ago)

Free for the first year means that for a year you can upgrade for free, after that year if you didn't take advantage of the promotion you'd have to buy it.

Turfster

Indie Royale Mixer 14 bundle
Price: 1.99$
  • Tiny & Big Grandpa's Leftovers
  • Metal Dead
  • Words for Evil
  • Rhiannon : Curse of the Four
  • Slinki (gl)
  • Heroes and Legends
  • Battleplan American Civil War
  • Robowars
  • Doorways The underworld
  • The Last Door Collector's Edition

Copons

I don't know who is Lupe Fiasco, but him showing up in Win10... I mean, it explicitly says "Fiasco" in his name.

GFWL anyone?

How many clues do you need?

Copons

BTW when the guy said "Yes Cortana, we know, you're smart, you use Bing to search stuff on the internet", I would have paid a great amount of cash to hear her answering "Yeah, I'm so smart I actually use Google as my default search engine".

Dr Dogg

Who's spotted the hideous Alienware Area 51 on the floor?

alienwarearea-51-1920x1100.png

http://www.alienware.co.uk/landings/area-51/

Ok this real live demo is not that bad.

But I am not sure whether I will use talking to Cortana in regular PC usage though?

Seems more like a gimmick you try at first a bit but then forget about and continue using fast mouse. Talking can get tiring.

Nabs

The Next Penelope (Early Access) is coming out tomorrow and I was sent a few keys to give out (thanks wilflare).

I haven't played it yet, but it looks like a mashup of F-Zero and Micro Machines w/ a full single player mode with weapon upgrades and bosses. Check the trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_J_s3giekA

ibxG2Q457lTkA3.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nabs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Next Penelope #3 -- MB-82F3CA76AAB505A8 - Taken by bigzgod. 38 entrants total.
The Next Penelope #2 -- MB-7BE815BE493A1129 - Taken by Jadax. 30 entrants total.
The Next Penelope -- MB-32428537B91103F3 - Taken by agniswarm. 20 entrants total.
The Next Penelope #4 -- MB-DA17150B9735C684 - Taken by Kiru. 24 entrants total.

t1421948080z1.png

rtcn63

I only just went from XP to 7 two years ago, probably won't upgrade for another 3-5 years at least. By then I'm guessing most of the quirks will be ironed out.

Extra Extra

ModBot said:
Instructions for arts&crafts:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (arts&crafts, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rhiannon Curse of the Four Branches -- MB-1950BBA321B1D205 - Taken by nightstorm
Tiny & Big -- MB-73E2E8A6442B025D
Doorways The Underworld -- MB-72D3E8E4203233EB - Taken by PunishedSnake
Battleplan American Civil -- MB-A6AE5A918C5F6BEA - Taken by autoduelist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom