• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel81

Why would you want a Raizing game on Steam, when you have this?
http://i.minus.com/ibgx61tDS6W9rN.gif[IMG][IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibguo1XGzx1ICZ.gif[IMG][IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/18bb644342a3595df6adf490b594f599/tumblr_nfsfovdy6L1tumtsxo1_250.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

2Hectic4Me. Is that Crimzon Clover?

Ziggurat seems interesting. is this a wait for a real sale type game?

I loved it. Super fun game.

I'm a big fan of Heretic (magic doom clone) and this is basically a new that with rogue like stuff. I hope there is more content coming for it but I haven't really looked if that's in the plans for them or not.

I think 7.50 is a good price for it.

Turfster

I hope the upgrade process is something along the lines of: validate Windows -> receive licence key -> download ISO. I'd hate to have to install 7 to get to 10 every time Windows needs cleaning out.

Hope it is like when you could buy 8 when it was first introduced.
"Is this a valid "upgrade" OS? If yes, then here are two links to ISOs and your new key"

I loved it. Super fun game.

I'm a big fan of Heretic (magic doom clone) and this is basically a new that with rogue like stuff. I hope there is more content coming for it but I haven't really looked if that's in the plans for them or not.

I think 7.50 is a good price for it.

I have Hexen cd-rom around still.

Are the Heretic/Hexen steam versions good?

Sajjaja

This was an event showing their plans for Win 10 with a bunch of journos sitting there. Announcing Fable made sense, since it's not a heavy hitter. Halo is for gaming events, since it's big.
Well given that Master Chief is in this picture saying WINDOWS 10! I thought they might.
B6NK-DPIAAA3i_D.jpg:large

Kaleinc

Banned
I'm honestly surprised more people don't have motion sickness issues from motion blur, it's about as "fake" as a visual effect can get. It's always the first thing I turn off.
Some people just don't have motion sickness no matter what is happening on the screen, some don't even know what motion sickness is :p

Well given that Master Chief is in this picture saying WINDOWS 10! I thought they might.
B6NK-DPIAAA3i_D.jpg:large
When that image made rounds here yesterday I beleive I already wrote that it doesn't mean anything.

VIsualizing all other MS stuff is fairly easy but Win10? Not so much. Letting Master Chief say it was probably an easy way to check all bullet-points.

Wish I would have been proven wrong :/
-
Just watched some videos of Saints Row 4 Re-Elected on Gamersyde and searched Steam for it to no avail.

Won't SR4+all DLC come out as one game on Steam? All those many DLC are turning me off even thinking about getting the game.
That's what Enco is for. ;)
Haha, how an earnest & natural answer this for you is :)

Phawx

I'm not saying we'll never see subscription options for Windows, you could see certain features like what they currently bundle as being the "Professional" version of Windows being done that way. But you could never have a situation where the casual user's computer just stopped working because their operating system subscription ran out, it would be a logistical and PR nightmare.

I agree. Hence my F2P argument.

Miguel81

It is. Although I played it for the first time last week and was surprised as how accessible it is. There is a hardcore and novice mode, and the novice mode is pretty chill compared to those gifs.

Yes, and it is amazing.

It has varying degrees of hectic, the crazy stuff really happens when you double break.

It's very accessible, don't be put off by people don't crazy things on harder modes.

That's good to hear because I tend to do rather poorly in the genre when the difficulty spikes and things get hectic. I do love watching those crazy feats that people pull off in Shmups like in the gifs. Eye-opening stuff.

Lomax

I installed 7 over Vista once and lost 20 gig of hard drive space that was no where to be found. Cleared the drive out and did a clean install and viola missing space reinstated. Windows Installs may have got better over time but there's still some stupid things it does.

I just learned with my most recent system fiasco and Windows 7 re-install that Windows 7 keeps weird backups of things it thinks it needs when you install onto a hard drive without wiping things, but the disk cleanup tool can take care of a lot of that. That's my guess of what you were dealing with. The thing that drove me crazy about Windows 7 is that the install just seems to gradually increase in size over time no matter what, mine had gotten to the point that it was almost the only thing left on my small SSD and none of the cleanup tools seemed to help at all.

I agree. Hence my F2P argument.

I don't quite draw the connection with f2p, when I first started seeing f2p stuff my thought was "we're going back to the days of shareware," so it didn't really seem that odd or unexpected that it would work out.

What DRM is it using? GFWL?

I guess depends on how good the game will be, I probably won't mind.

I would presume it's coming to Steam? There is no GFWL 2.0 as far as I know, they have an Xbox app coming to PC but I don't think it's a game storefront.

It also has cross platform play with XB1 which is pretty neat, apparently it's the first of more games to come.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just learned with my most recent system fiasco and Windows 7 re-install that Windows 7 keeps weird backups of things it thinks it needs when you install onto a hard drive without wiping things, but the disk cleanup tool can take care of a lot of that. That's my guess of what you were dealing with. The thing that drove me crazy about Windows 7 is that the install just seems to gradually increase in size over time no matter what, mine had gotten to the point that it was almost the only thing left on my small SSD and none of the cleanup tools seemed to help at all.

A lot of this has to do with the fact that Windows keeps a copy of each Windows Update it applies to the system, so that they are modular and can be uninstalled individually. As time passes and new updates are released, the folder in your Windows installation directory will continue to grow. Re-installing the same version of Windows then re-downloading and re-installing the same Windows updates will make it take up the same amount of space.

Thankfully, Microsoft provides a lot of "Update rollup" packages that group several older and well tested updates together which results in a smaller file footprint. This is why re-installing Windows can often lead to a smaller Windows directory.

But a lot of people just look at their Windows directory size immediately after re-installing but before installing any updates, and think "Holy cow, I just got rid of 25GB of data from this folder just by re-installing!" without realizing that after they re-install the available windows updates they may have only really saved 5-6GB. That is of course, unless you install a different version of Windows, for example going from Windows 7 to Windows 7 w/SP1 or from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1.

Anyway...

Shadownet

Banned
I would presume it's coming to Steam? There is no GFWL 2.0 as far as I know, they have an Xbox app coming to PC but I don't think it's a game storefront.

It also has cross platform play with XB1 which is pretty neat, apparently it's the first of more games to come.
I hope you're right my friend.

Does anyone have a link to any updates review for The Elder Scrolls Online? All I could find are reviews from launch day.

Tempted to get the game once it goes free-to-play. (Well one time fee)

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
W
Just watched some videos of Saints Row 4 Re-Elected on Gamersyde and searched Steam for it to no avail.

Won't SR4+all DLC come out as one game on Steam? All those many DLC are turning me off even thinking about getting the game.

That's what Saints Row IV: Game of the Century Edition edition is.

Re-Elected is actually more of a PC-port going to consoles thing.

Also, SRIV is perfectly enjoyable without any of the DLC, though the storyline mission packs are rather neat. Enter the Dominatrix has a bit of a 'making of' flavor to it, with lots of unfinished animatics and storyboards. Nothing seriously meaty mechanics wise, but worthwhile if you're enjoying the humor of the series and the performances.

Thanks! Although, tbh, I'm not sure what Zdoom does exactly or why I'd want to put a Hexen IWAD in it :p

Just means it's really easy to make it whatever resolution you want or make it widescreen or add mouse look or controller, change the crosshair, texture smoothing etc.

It's basically like porting it to a new engine yourself with a drag and drop with better options.

Just means it's really easy to make it whatever resolution you want or make it widescreen or add mouse look or controller, change the crosshair etc.

It's basically like porting it to a new engine with better options.

I planned on playing through these again someday, so I'll definitely need to look in to that. Thanks!

Knurek

I wanted to buy it but 12.74 is too much. Sub 10 and maybe.
Had fun playing Mahjong a long time ago on a old computer.

I'd buy it even for €30 if it had online multiplayer.
Can't fathom paying anything for a single player affair, pity. :( Maybe if it was a Mahjong Fight Club game...

Chariot

I'm reading English.
I know English.
And yet, I can't read this.
:D

It looks like a regular mahjong game with some strange player pictures without personalities (opposed to Poker Night for example). I wait for a real Saki game that features both regular mahjong and Saki mahjong.

I would also accept crazy Akagi mahjong lol

I'll wait for a bit before trying to find a cheap portable pc. Considering how much small space left for users, I want to see how the upgrade path for these devices.

Yeah I'll have to wait for a sale on this one. The trailer had already put me off because it just doesn't seem as good as the Android version of Janryumon (before it was unceremoniously taken off the stores) - though that also had it's fair share of Engrish. The play from this is too fast despite stopping to allow you to decide whether you want the tiles or not.

I still haven't found a replacement for that (though I can still play the version I downloaded against the AI) :-(

They better not leave us 970 people out in the cold, I can't afford to upgrade more than once every 3 years or so.

From NVIDIA:

If you want the best experience, the fastest speeds, DirectX 12 support, and image quality-enhancing features that just work, the new GeForce GTX 980 and GeForce GTX 970 are your best options. Pick up your very own GeForce GTX 980 for $549 MSRP from your favorite e-tailer or retailer starting Friday, September 19th, or the GeForce GTX 970, which starts at $329 MSRP.

yeah but arent the first few DXxx cards usually kinda ass when it comes to DXxx specific stuff? It usually takes 2-3 cards to come out before they can decently handle the new stuff in the latest DX and that doesn't even guarantee that they'll perform well.

Dr Dogg

When DX12 was unveiled at GDC last year Nvidia said Fermi cards and up will be supported. 9xx series Maxwell cards are labeled DX12 compliant. There's more GPU's on the market than top end and Nvidia and AMD cards folks. I think Intel said Haswell CPU's integrated GPU will have support but I'm at that time on the evening where I'm feeling to lazy to go check.

Teggy

:D

It looks like a regular mahjong game with some strange player pictures without personalities (opposed to Poker Night for example). I wait for a real Saki game that features both regular mahjong and Saki mahjong.

I would also accept crazy Akagi mahjong lol

I just have to laugh. On and off for many years I've looked for a mahjong game for my mom (who has played since I was a little kid), but generally they've all been solitaire games that call themselves mahjong. Then they come out with a game with real mahjong and it's...this. >_>

yeah but arent the first few DXxx cards usually kinda ass when it comes to DXxx specific stuff? It usually takes 2-3 cards to come out before they can decently handle the new stuff in the latest DX and that doesn't even guarantee that they'll perform well.

Fermi and Kepler cards were pretty good at dx11, maybe things changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom