• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah but arent the first few DXxx cards usually kinda ass when it comes to DXxx specific stuff? It usually takes 2-3 cards to come out before they can decently handle the new stuff in the latest DX and that doesn't even guarantee that they'll perform well.

Depends on the card, but generally NVIDIA is pretty decent at supporting newer DirectX versions. Granted, each new card will probably have better support than the last, but that doesn't mean the first batch of cards will be crap.

I have no idea about AMD, though. AMD support in generally is kinda crap.

inm8num2

The BTA on the HumbleBundle is going the wrong way. Booo

It almost always increases day by day, except for bundles with really weak BTA tiers. Best thing to do is buy the low tier on the first day to lock in a lower average, then you can increase your payment later if you should desire.

Kuroyume

Banned
Already had it

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ratz Instagib -- MB-F53FE9840F3002DC - Taken by Diedac. 1 entrants total.

t1421879561z1.png

Lomax

The BTA on the HumbleBundle is going the wrong way. Booo

It almost always increases day by day, except for bundles with really weak BTA tiers. Best thing to do is buy the low tier on the first day to lock in a lower average, then you can increase your payment later if you should desire.

With bundles like this you can also lock in the low/launch price by "buying" the free game offer, you'll then have the option to upgrade it at the locked in price. Of course I failed to do that with this bundle because my tablet crashed and bricked itself x.x

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Battleplan American Civil War -- MB-B680F09553E54D60 - Taken by bobnowhere
Metal Dead -- MB-5B4DB8EC33F5397D - Taken by chronomac
Doorways -- MB-E5308BF380C19524 - Taken by Purkake4
Heroes and Legends -- MB-B4EC76EA8A348B59 - Taken by jshackles
Last Door -- MB-D896E57F89937682 - Taken by anastef
Robowars -- MB-25F360E3F5FDF4EC - Taken by Kifimbo
Tiny & Big -- MB-747EE188D1144D49 - Taken by Mr. Doop
RHIANNON -- MB-7F3786FA5901D591 - Taken by someguyinahat
X

madjoki

According to anandtech 2nd generation Maxwell GPUs support only Direct3D 11.3.

My understanding is that features are exactly the same in 11.3 and 12.
Only difference is that DX12 is new API, which is more CPU efficient like Mantle. It's not backwards compatible, which is why 11.3 exists.

Chariot

Ack, it gets worst!
The game seems to use the Chinese terms =(

Japanese: Pon, Chi, Kan
Chinese: Pung, Chow, Kong
That's what I thought at first too, but a friend told me that the english Mahjong World Association uses these terms. Then again, if your game is explicitly using japanse rules, it might use japanese terms as well. I wonder what he uses inside the game.

Better than the American terms: Hong, Kong, Phooey,
Why does america has it's own terms? Oh no, wait, forget that I asked.

I just have to laugh. On and off for many years I've looked for a mahjong game for my mom (who has played since I was a little kid), but generally they've all been solitaire games that call themselves mahjong. Then they come out with a game with real mahjong and it's...this. >_>
Give your mum this flash version or let her try to play competitive on tenhou against humans. There are also some nice apps on Android app store.

zkylon

zkylewd
i wonder why mount & blade warband keeps getting updated every week for all of times

edit omg i just learned there are style hotkeysin neogaf

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I've got a question. Say you win a modbot giveaway, but it's from that "email my steam gift" option. If you're accepting the gift, do you see the giver's email at all?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
A lot of this has to do with the fact that Windows keeps a copy of each Windows Update it applies to the system, so that they are modular and can be uninstalled individually. As time passes and new updates are released, the folder in your Windows installation directory will continue to grow. Re-installing the same version of Windows then re-downloading and re-installing the same Windows updates will make it take up the same amount of space.

Thankfully, Microsoft provides a lot of "Update rollup" packages that group several older and well tested updates together which results in a smaller file footprint. This is why re-installing Windows can often lead to a smaller Windows directory.

But a lot of people just look at their Windows directory size immediately after re-installing but before installing any updates, and think "Holy cow, I just got rid of 25GB of data from this folder just by re-installing!" without realizing that after they re-install the available windows updates they may have only really saved 5-6GB. That is of course, unless you install a different version of Windows, for example going from Windows 7 to Windows 7 w/SP1 or from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1.

Anyway...

Win7 SP1 is up to 160+ individual updates.:/

Deitus

Flaunts Shortcuts.
Doesn't help others learn.
Sad Day indeed.

CTRL+B, CTRL+I, CTRL+U. Same as they are everywhere else. I thought this was common knowledge.

Edit: Not everywhere supports hotkeys. I meant same as they are in any word processor. When you know you can apply bold, italics, and underline through keyboard shortcuts, it shouldn't be hard to figure out the key combination.

zkylon

zkylewd
Guess chrome doesn't like short cuts. Since these were the first thing I tried before posting.
After your post I on firefox and they work there.

yea i'm on firefox cos chrome bugged out youtube forever for me for some reason

firefox is not terrible tho the enhanced steam crashes are really fucking annoying lol

and i get to do this

Jawmuncher

This isn't a goddamn haiku either. If you're going to set up your sentences like that, at least make it a haiku.

Just like how the haiku came from a original idea.
The way I structured that is my own form of poetry.
Greatness knows no bound.
I don't like looking at long sentences when I write.

Mr. Doop

Just like how the haiku came from a original idea.
The way I structured that is my own form of poetry.
Greatness knows no bound.
I don't like looking at long sentences when I write.

Please don't write like this
because poorly made hailkus
make Mr. Doop sad.

The game seems cool :

ModBot said:
Instructions for PLASTICA-MAN:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PLASTICA-MAN, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ratz Instagib -- MB-5DCEC306BD2C12CB - Taken by The Dear Leader. 1 entrants total.

t1421883221z1.png

louiedog

That Ratz Instagib game is pretty cool. It's very Quake 3/UT and I've always been a sucker for those Levelord style maps. I played a couple of rounds this morning and was thoroughly destroyed by a developer who happened to be on my server.

I was just told on twitter that Marooners Rock is currently working on adding more codes as we speak so try again if you missed it.

abracadaver

Whats the problem when Steam seems to forget about games I have installed?

I have counter strike source installed but instead of a play button steam shows me the install button. restarting didn't help. the files are definitely there

Jawmuncher

Whats the problem when Steam seems to forget about games I have installed?

I have counter strike source installed but instead of a play button steam shows me the install button. restarting didn't help. the files are definitely there

If you press install it should just find the files and play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom