• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welps I just finished Killer is dead, making it the 4th game of the month! :D hmmm idk what to play next. I'm thinking im gonna do bayonetta 2, feel like playing a more faster paced action game compared to killer is dead. Gonna buy that huniepop game tho and leave it running in the background so i can get them sweet cards and sell em while they're still going for a lot.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
3k peak? yikes.

To be fair, this only accounts for the Steam users, and that means the ones that purchased the game directly on Steam (as places like GMG and elsewhere provide a key to register on the Bethesda site).

Also, it came to Steam like... 4 months(?) after it was originally released non-Steam.

Jawmuncher

I love that song.

-------------------

When was The Fruit of Grisaia - Grisaia no Kajitsu on Greenlight?
Regardless all 3 are greenlit now.

268x268.resizedimage

-------------------

Also Echo Tokyo got greenlit as well

Jawmuncher

So Jawmuncher, did you like Dino Crisis 2? I know 3 left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I loved Dino Crisis 1 and 2. I don't mind a genre shift and what they did with DC2 was a lot of fun. DC3 had quite the uphill battle with it's change in setting and characters, but had it been good I could have enjoyed it. But we all know how that went.

Jawmuncher has a sexy avi. I wonder how he got that one. LOL

I'll probably stick with this one for a good bit. I've basically went through all the fan art already and knew I would get to this one sooner or later. Thankfully you made it sooner.

Turfster

Man, I liked Alien Isolation a lot...
up until the actual Alien shows up as a real threat.

Redoing the same fucking thing 10 times is just annoying and no longer scary or tense.

Give me my fucking quicksave/quickload, pls

strafer

I loved Dino Crisis 1 and 2. I don't mind a genre shift and what they did with DC2 was a lot of fun. DC3 had quite the uphill battle with it's change in setting and characters, but had it been good I could have enjoyed it. But we all know how that went.

I'll probably stick with this one for a good bit. I've basically went through all the fan art already and knew I would get to this one sooner or later. Thankfully you made it sooner.

Yeah, but for some reason I don't like the combo / point meter they added.

Felt weird.

dinocrisis2pc_003-large.jpg

Jawmuncher

Only time I was annoyed with the
lack was in the hospital area and you have to find the code for the doctor.
which was early on in the game. I couldn't find the code area and was getting real frustrated with it. After that it was smooth sailing since I didn't need to really search for anything.

Yeah, but for some reason I don't like the combo / point meter they added.
Felt weird.
dinocrisis2pc_003-large.jpg

Yeah it was a bit odd to have the combo meter in the main campaign.But since it was related to purchasing new items with higher combos netting more points, I can see why they added it.
But then again you were never really in a situation where you needed to get some ridiculous combo so you could buy weapons you wanted so yeah wasn't essential for the SP.

Cheddahz

Banned

We all know that Dino Crisis 3 is the best one

first card I got for Huniepop was tiffiny, currently going for 37 cents, this morning it was going for 50... HHNNNNGGGGG fuck that, put it for 40 cents. hopefully the price goes up a bit.

Redoing the same fucking thing 10 times is just annoying and no longer scary or tense.

I stopped around mission 6 because I was feeling the same way.
My advice? If you just want to experience the game and not actively hate it while you play then drop the difficulty all the way down. It'll reduced the rate at which you're developing gray hairs.

Turfster

Only time I was annoyed with the
lack was in the hospital area and you have to find the code for the doctor.
which was early on in the game. I couldn't find the code area and was getting real frustrated with it. After that it was smooth sailing since I didn't need to really search for anything.

That's basically where I am.
Got the code, but now I need to find the guy's body and I'm checking room after room,
but it's annoying to be intercepted by the fucking thing that randomly turns around right after leaving the room =p

Jawmuncher

We all know that Dino Crisis 3 is the best one
underground2-dinosaurbaoim.jpg

That's basically where I am.
Got the code, but now I need to find the guy's body and I'm checking room after room,
but it's annoying to be intercepted by the fucking thing that randomly turns around right after leaving the room =p
I know your pain. That section really pissed me off.
But if you can get past it there's really no more points like that.

Wow, just realised Dino Crisis 2 came out 15 years ago.

Holy....shit.

Come Sept 13th i'm making a Dino Crisis 2 anniversary thread.
Though on June 26th I hope I can get the Everything Wrong with Dino Crisis 3 thread out.
Since that's the 12th anniversary for that game.

first card I got for Huniepop was tiffiny, currently going for 37 cents, this morning it was going for 50... HHNNNNGGGGG fuck that, put it for 40 cents. hopefully the price goes up a bit.

I've only sold a handful of cards, and that was only when the sack of gems were going for 3 cents. Otherwise, to me it's not really worth the effort to sell a card, even if it's worth 40 cents. I do keep three of my Huniepop cards in my item showcase for my profile, though, so I've got that going for me which is nice.

strafer

Man seriously, if they ever do a Dino Crisis 4, I'm fucking there Day 1.

The Last Of Us style gameplay mixed with the tension and terror of Alien Isolation.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lashman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-90B80938BAD5AF7B - Taken by Darth Kupi
Overlord -- MB-52E32B1FC6AEF0B9 - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.
Overlord II -- MB-C1FCAFC3F66DDA11 - Taken by darkchewie. 5 entrants total.
Overlord: Raising Hell -- MB-317BFDC970A2D55A - Taken by Lobogris

t1421887361z1.png

Momentary

Banned
I'm guessing by the lack of excitement in this thread nothing really got announced that was truly PC gaming related at Microsoft's little shindig today.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm guessing by the lack of excitement in this thread nothing really got announced that was truly PC gaming related at Microsoft's little shindig today.

They announced you'll be able to play Xbox One games on PC.

Chariot

I was pretty found of them endorsing Steam, Direct X 12 looks promising and the AR glasses could bring amazing new kinds of games.
But yeah, there was nothing of substance. But then again, it wasn't an gaming announcement.

To be fair, this only accounts for the Steam users, and that means the ones that purchased the game directly on Steam (as places like GMG and elsewhere provide a key to register on the Bethesda site).

Also, it came to Steam like... 4 months(?) after it was originally released non-Steam.

Keep in mind the Steam release occurred months after the initial launch which compounded the fact that the majority of people knew it wasn't very good at that point. Not that you should have been fooled prior to launch.

Right right, realized that after I posted. Didn't realize the entry fee was so steep. Even with B2P, that MSRP is rough.

In case someone missed a key, here is another one, enjoy :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for PLASTICA-MAN:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PLASTICA-MAN, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ratz Instagib -- MB-D408FD393EA7900C - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 2 entrants total.

t1421888441z1.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Since there is Dino Crisis talk I'll be the odd one saying that there was potential in DC3 if they actually bothered to spend more time on it to polish things up and maybe rewrite a few parts of the game and change the name to Crisis Dino so its not related to Dino Crisis.

strafer

Dino Crisis 3 should not exist in all honesty.

I mean, look at this, what the fuck is this.

Even worse than feathered dinosaurs.

2158459-2793.jpg

Sch1sm

This is still hanging around.
ModBot said:
Battle plan: American Civil War -- MB-3904F8E3430E4EFE - Taken by agniswarm. 2 entrants total.

Streaming in-house...on my PC. Eh. Maybe it's just because my XONE is in the same room as my laptop and desktop, but I'm not excited for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom