• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Give your mum this flash version or let her try to play competitive on tenhou against humans. There are also some nice apps on Android app store.

I had her playing one of the online ones for a while. Then my parents moved a while back into a community with a lot of people their age so she forced a whole bunch of her new friends to learn how to play :)

Miguel81

Yeah, but for some reason I don't like the combo / point meter they added.

Felt weird.

http://battlescreen.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/dinocrisis2pc_003-large.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I was surprised at how well it ran/runs on PC and even the buttons(DS4 here) are decently mapped. The original is a different matter as there is slowdown and there's even a window border in fullscreen mode that I couldn't get rid of. Wouldn't mind having these ports on Steam with fixes and Xinput support, and I know Jawmuncher wouldn't either ;)

Teggy

Dino Crisis 3 should not exist in all honesty.

I mean, look at this, what the fuck is this.

Even worse than feathered dinosaurs.

2158459-2793.jpg

One wonders how the idea of dinosaurs in space wasn't initially tossed away at first mention. Worked on Doctor Who, though.

Hey, Evangeline is looking a little jacked.

_hekk05

Banned
So MS announced users of Win 7 and 8.1 get free upgrades to Win 10 for a year.

Why does this feel like a trap? I've been conditioned to think a company will only give out free stuff if they've done goofed somehow.

Giving free stuff in advance just seems like a pre-emptive Hey it might be fucked, but at least it was free ╮(╯▽╰)╭

Jawmuncher

The T-Rex is really the only decent looking enemy in the game. Since it's basically what we would see in a Resident Evil/Dino Crisis crossover game (sans the RE6 boss fight). The rest start to look really dumb.

Teggy

So MS announced users of Win 7 and 8.1 get free upgrades to Win 10 for a year.

Why does this feel like a trap? I've been conditioned to think a company will only give out free stuff if they've done goofed somehow.

Giving free stuff in advance just seems like a pre-emptive Hey it might be fucked, but at least it was free ╮(╯▽╰)╭

No, I think it's to finally get people off 7 as well as show good faith to people who took the plunge with 8. I think they've learned their lesson this time.

Of course it's Microsoft so I could be terribly wrong.

No MCC on PC, I'm sad. Not too hyped about free Win10 trial, we still got free windows license in college.
Still getting nausea from Alien: Isolation. Turned VFOV to 65 and turned off motion blur and that helped somewhat. Can't wait for the actual game to start though, the contrast between this and Evil Within is kinda weird:

Evil Within was straight to the point and so far in Alien Isolation I have ran around trying to get past knee high obstacles times 12 and then opened some doors with a thing by pressing LT+RT plus left times 6 and pressed A three times.. three times! Also I have read some things. At least the graphics are very pretty.

Wasteland 2 is kinda funny, I played hours and a half today and I did pretty much nothing.
Weird, I'm usually the motion sick guy, but I didn't feel ill while playing Alien.

Lomax

first card I got for Huniepop was tiffiny, currently going for 37 cents, this morning it was going for 50... HHNNNNGGGGG fuck that, put it for 40 cents. hopefully the price goes up a bit.

I'd say there's a good chance the prices will creep back up over the next couple of months, at least until the game gets a major sale. The initial rush of buyers pushes values down but for games that actually have demand like this one will, the prices consistently go back up. Personally I'd price them even higher than that or just hold onto them and wait a bit.

Does the Humble Bundle's second tier max out at the tier 3 price or can it go higher? Has that ever happened before? Just curious.

It's pretty rare, and even though the price on this current bundle is still heading up steadily, I'd be surprised if it gets much over $9 average, they very rarely peak above that.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
My gaming PC is still on Vista. I have no idea what I'm waiting on, all I know is that I have no need to upgrade it since this 64 Bit version runs every single one of my games still.

Key note there is gaming PC, not work PC.

inm8num2

Just finished Jazzpunk - one of the funniest games I've played in recent memory. I'd love to see the dev do a point and click adventure with their style of humor.

If you're using enhanced steam, it's a known bug with FireFox currently.

If you want it to be fixed, it seems you have to send death threats to jshackles, if I understood correctly.

More seriously, update ES to the latest version, and if it still doesn't work, just temporarily disable it.

Shadownet

Banned
Why are people willing to pay for such shit? Are they that desperate for survival games?

Yeah, they are. I know I am.

SO I finally got around to watching some JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Dio is probably the biggest dick ever. I don't think I ever hated a character so quickly in my life.

she's much better in 2 but i like her, specially later on

shani's alright and i hope she shows up in 3 but she's kind of a nut

when's witcha 3 coming out? i keep telling myself to do a refreshing playthrough of witcha 2 but i never do

i never even played roche's side
In May, time for you to replay Witcher 2.

Have you been lurking, just waiting for a mention of Dio? D:

I'm still on episode 3 lol it's been a busy week. But it's really good so far. Though the art style is quite strange/unique.
Well, specifically on the steam thread, i mostly lurk, although i try to post once in a while. Language barriers are a pain sometimes :(
Honestly, it really depends on what's being discussed... But yeah, because of my username, i love doing these kind of jokes when people talk about Jojo :D
Nice that you're liking it. Jojo deserves way more recognition than it gets.

HoosTrax

Got this one from one of the ongoing BundleStars bundles (Fully Loaded Bundle, I think):

XTqz3wI.png

More or less serviceable kart racing game with a heavy emphasis on drifting / boosting. The matchbox-sized cars means lot of shunting and being bounced around. Cute looking toy car renditions of real world cars. One of the game modes can be very rage-inducing though (involves a lot of mines with somewhat oversized collision boxes). I don't do "play this game for _____ amount of time (distance in this case)" style achievements, so no 100%ing this one.

Gonna give BlazeRush (from the same bundle) a try tomorrow. Looks like an interesting top-down / isometric racer...although its main claim-to-fame seems to its Oculus support, which doesn't do me any good.

Also need to get back into GRID Autosport...eff you Team Ravenwest >:|, my nemesis, and the New England Patriots of the GRID series (despicable overachieving cheaters)

xezuru

Anyone have experience with Shadowrun Dragonfall on harder difficulties? I just beat it and it was pretty damn great, how do the harder difficulties handle for the combat? Is there higher hit requirements? I ran a melee build, and although the beginning of the game was a bit tough for the melee MC (probably due to lack of knowledge of systems), somewhere in the middle he just turned into a killing/stunning machine.

Shadowrun: Dragonfall (as someone usually not into strategy games)
8.5~9/10

Anustart

Fucking lame ass mayhem mission in saints row 3. Cars are programmed to be unmoveable fucking bricks who swerve into you at 1 mph and stop your fully speeding car dead. Fucking bullshit.

Anyone have experience with Shadowrun Dragonfall on harder difficulties? I just beat it and it was pretty damn great, how do the harder difficulties handle for the combat? Is there higher hit requirements? I ran a melee build, and although the beginning of the game was a bit tough for the melee MC (probably due to lack of knowledge of systems), somewhere in the middle he just turned into a killing/stunning machine.

Shadowrun: Dragonfall (as someone usually not into strategy games)
8.5~9/10
Brother mine!
If I recall correctly, the original Shadowrun Returns and most likely Dragon Fall had the MC be at a statistical advantage on normal. So there would be higher hit requirements, but based on some user reviews, it is still manageable.

Only January and already an assured entry in my GOTY 2015 list. It's that good

What can I say about SpaceChem that hasn't been said already? If you follow the indie scene even slightly, I'm sure you heard the ample praise and acclaim for Zachtronics' chemical puzzler. After a foray into card-game strategy with Ironclad Tactics, the developer has returned to the world of meticulous planning and systematic onstruction with Infinifactory. You might have heard it described it as "SpaceChem in 3D", and while that's an apt description, it doesn't exactly detail what makes Infinifactory an awesome evolution of the SpaceChem formula. Infinifactory takes everything you loved about that game, on a grander scale and with new depth, wrapped up in an alien industrial aesthetic.

Forget about bonding elements and creating molecules. Infinifactory leaves the microscopic world of SpaceChem behind for the world of alien engineering. The enigmatic story puts you in the shoes of a person captured and forced to build extraterrestrial constructs. Audio logs and notes allow you to gradually piece together the overarching tale, but let's be honest: you're here for the puzzles.

nKu14io.gif

"SpaceChem in 3D". Introducing the third dimension adds so many tweaks and new complexities. Having to remember that items take time to fall when you're trying to sync up blocks across multiple levels. Working out how to maneuver pieces across multiple axises so that they all eventually meet. Having to build objects with height and width and depth. Getting the mess of energy conduits and welders and pushers to work and timed correctly...all without Spacechem's sync command to fall back on. On top of all that, Infinifactory has the most seamless, intuitive, user-friendly control scheme and interface I've seen in a block building game. You can effortlessly rotate and place blocks, easily create long conveyor belts or delete unwanted sections in seconds.

infinifactory-level55kuv.gif

It's the meticulous construction and pursuit of perfection and optimization you love. The hypnotic rhythm of seeing your complex sprawling mess of moving pieces and parts actually work properly after countless failures and tweaking. The challenge of learning how everything works and functions, and using that knowledge in new ways that makes you feel like a damn genius when it all comes together in the end. It's all that, in a 3D world of sky docks and armories and spaceships and missiles. Six hours in, and for me, Infinifactory had already eclipsed SpaceChem, due to the presentation and polish and the spatial depth that offers new challenges in ways that SpaceChem never could. The price may seem steep, but for the amount of polished content already here, and the content to come, it's well worth the asking price. While Infinifactory may be in Early Access, the current version is literally the 1.0 release version, with a feature-complete finished main campaign. Mini-campaigns and new blocks and mechanics will be adding in future updates

If you enjoyed SpaceChem even in the slightest, you won't be disappointed by Infinifactory. It's everything that made that game great, on a grander scale and literally with new depth.

1024x575.resizedimage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom