• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Games Republic deals:
  • Vanishing of Ethan Carter 40% off
  • Book of Unwritten Tales 75% off (Critter Chronicles is DRM free)
  • The Raven 75% off

Am I the only one who thought Shadowrun Dragonfall is pretty hard even on normal difficulty?

It can be pretty unforgiving at the start with some builds and so few abilities, but once you level up a bit and have more options it gets better. Same could be said about most RPGs that drip feed abilities really.

Milamber

I slept through the entire Microsoft press show. I'm not a fan of upgrading from one OS to another and much better prefer a clean install of an OS. I hope the free upgrade lets us have a full ISO download of Win10.

EDIT: I missed all the Ratz free stuff too. Bummer.

Shadownet

Banned
It can be pretty unforgiving at the start with some builds and so few abilities, but once you level up a bit and have more options it gets better. Same could be said about most RPGs that drip feed abilities really.

i'll give it another try tomorrow then. It's a fantastic game so far, just as you said though. Unforgiving.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Nabs, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nabs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Next Penelope #3 -- MB-82F3CA76AAB505A8 - Taken by bigzgod. 38 entrants total.
The Next Penelope #2 -- MB-7BE815BE493A1129 - Taken by Jadax. 30 entrants total.
The Next Penelope -- MB-32428537B91103F3 - Taken by agniswarm. 20 entrants total.
The Next Penelope #4 -- MB-DA17150B9735C684 - Taken by Kiru. 24 entrants total.

t1421948080z1.png

i'm putting in for 4

HEYY IOSEFE <333 didn't notice you there with the new avatar, was wondering where you went. speaking of which, I'll be changing mines to slime prinny tomorrow(well its actually already thursday here so later today actually) LEGOOOO :D night everyone

iosefe

HEYY IOSEFE <333 didn't notice you there with the new avatar, was wondering where you went. speaking of which, I'll be changing mines to slime prinny tomorrow(well its actually already thursday here so later today actually) LEGOOOO :D night everyone

i've been in and out, actually. i've been...

PLAYING GAMES!

>_>

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I love You Have To Win The Game. A "Master Quest"/Extra challenge mode that changes the layout of the world, order in which you visit each screen (it's open world, but screen by screen like old NEC/Spectrum/etc computer platformers with limited tech and no scrolling) from the normal to make a great challenging experience.

I wish more games, ones that cost money, offered such a thing.

For those who bought Groupees' Bundle of the Damned 3, steam keys for Survivalist are now available. I just stumbled upon it by accident. Looks a bit like a cross between Dead State, Fallout 1 and 2 and Neo Scavenger with twin-stick action.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
New hints for Groupees BeMine17
I'm guessing The Real Texas

I'd been wondering when the game was going to show up on Steam, since it had been greenlit forever ago. Looks like the dev spoke about the delay recently:

Zaratus thanks for the comment :) I should be more attentive.

Yes! The game is coming to Steam. No. :( I'm not sure when.

Definitely don't hate money, but by the time TRT was greenlit I was super deep into my next game, which I'm doing with Devolver (Hotline Miami, Talos Principle, etc. folks.) I've been working full time on this (unannounced) game for about one an a half years, so unfortunately TRT has to take a back seat.

But! To make up for it, there WILL be a major free DLC type add-on when it hits Steam (that update will also be available on GOG, Humble, etc. of course!) I have been working on this DLC in my spare time and it's shaping up nicely, but slowly. I might make some other improvements to the main game as well. So hopefully it will be worth the wait.

:) Thanks everyone and happy new year!

Shame it is taking so long to come around, as the game is weird in all of the most charming little ways. Glad to see they have Devolver backing them for their next title - TRT just didn't have a big push.

I love You Have To Win The Game. A "Master Quest"/Extra challenge mode that changes the layout of the world, order in which you visit each screen (it's open world, but screen by screen like old NEC/Spectrum/etc computer platformers with limited tech and no scrolling) from the normal to make a great challenging experience.

I wish more games, ones that cost money, offered such a thing.

Have you tried Super Win the Game? Haven't played it myself but will nab it in a future sale.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Thief Gold -- MB-7CD3AD730E9EA349 - Taken by Loptous
Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-90B80938BAD5AF7B - Taken by Darth Kupi
Overlord: Raising Hell -- MB-317BFDC970A2D55A - Taken by Lobogris

zkylon

zkylewd
should i go watch interstellar at a theatre?

it's up for like two more weeks

something something steam support sucks this post is on topic something

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I made a terrible mistake going right instead of going left and this is where I land.

Have you tried Super Win the Game? Haven't played it myself but will nab it in a future sale.

Nay, I made the mistake of ignoring it when it had it's 33% off sale. Currently my number 1 on the wishlist and I'm bound to get it next sale. It looks great.

Speevy

Banned
I just beat that stupid spider boss in Dark Souls 2. I swear, the guys at From must have spiders and centipedes all over their houses or something.

autoduelist

does anyone know exactly what we need to do to qualify for the 'endless day' stuff. Does just booting into the games count? Do we need to play a whole game? Do we need to sync saves with HAL so he knows we played?

Nabs

I just beat that stupid spider boss in Dark Souls 2. I swear, the guys at From must have spiders and centipedes all over their houses or something.

My first go at that Spider boss was the best. I figured I'd be a good co-op partner and cast the AoE healing spell, instead this jerk of a spider decides to get a bit of it and becomes unbeatable. We destroyed his face(s) before his health bar ran out. Too funny.

Deques

I can't log on GOG, anyone else? I mean I log in but I have the sign up or login thing, even if the site recognize me as logged?

There is no problem for me accessing the site. Logged out and in, and opened my library, no problems

I have been playing Payday 2 with my brother and friends. And wow, this game is so much fun and better than the first game. The dlcs are worth getting?

Knurek

Thanks. And finally Neptunia is confirmed. Great price. It just seems so strange to see such a price, when some devs/pubs want more money for small little japanese doujin-games.

It's an Idea Factory game, isn't it?
There's your answer.
I still think even $15 is ten times to much

oipic

does anyone know exactly what we need to do to qualify for the 'endless day' stuff. Does just booting into the games count? Do we need to play a whole game? Do we need to sync saves with HAL so he knows we played?

Endless Day requirements vary a little per title:

Endless Legend: starting a new game should lead to a new quest being offered after 2-3 turns - complete the quest, and you'll recruit the Endless Day hero, and unlock the achievement

Endless Space: you'll need to buy/recruit the new hero (Emlek Tarosh) in the usual manner; I think you may need to win the game with him to unlock the achievement, but I'm not certain

Dungeon of the Endless: start a game with Esseb in your party and get to level 4 to permanently unlock him; beat the game to unlock the achievement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom