• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

Endless Day requirements vary a little per title:

Endless Legend: starting a new game should lead to a new quest being offered after 2-3 turns - complete the quest, and you'll recruit the Endless Day hero, and unlock the achievement

Endless Space: you'll need to buy/recruit the new hero (Emlek Tarosh) in the usual manner; I think you may need to win the game with him to unlock the achievement, but I'm not certain

Dungeon of the Endless: start a game with Esseb in your party and get to level 4 to permanently unlock him; beat the game to unlock the achievement

These achievements can only be unlocked during Endless Day event? How long will it take to unlock them?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
These enemy videos, and I mean all of the ones revealed up to now, are not looking good at all. Revelations had problems and this game seems to be making them worse. I would rather get map/mission packs for RE6.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
ADD14F4F9476D742CE797FA7FA56C357F6160841
typo?

Dr Dogg

These achievements can only be unlocked during Endless Day event? How long will it take to unlock them?

Well the in game events are up until the 25th then they are gone forever. Just going to try and crack out the Dungeon of the Endless one while I should really be doing work so I'll let you know on that. Shhhhhhh.

autoduelist

What is Endless Day?

kind of cool multiday event with with ways to unlock special content (characters in game) in the Endless series.

Endless Day requirements vary a little per title:

Endless Legend: starting a new game should lead to a new quest being offered after 2-3 turns - complete the quest, and you'll recruit the Endless Day hero, and unlock the achievement

Endless Space: you'll need to buy/recruit the new hero (Emlek Tarosh) in the usual manner; I think you may need to win the game with him to unlock the achievement, but I'm not certain

Dungeon of the Endless: start a game with Esseb in your party and get to level 4 to permanently unlock him; beat the game to unlock the achievement

Yup, just unlocked DotE character. Pretty painless. Not planning on beating the game this run though, I'm in the middle of Might & Magic Legacy X and would rather play that (already beat DotE recently and need something else for now).

I own Endless Space... but MMLX will prevent me from putting enough time into it to figure out what I need to do, as I've never played it before.

This really depends.

I just unlocked the character for Dungeon of the Endless, but I've also beaten the game before. It probably took me about 30 minutes, give or take, and could probably be done in quite a bit less if you were playing it on a regular basis (and focusing only on getting to level 4 to unlock, so skipping any long term planning/prep).

But if you haven't played the game before? Good luck getting that achievement (beating the game). Though I suppose you could do it easier on 'very easy', though I'm not sure how much easier that actually makes the game. If you're new to the game you might beat it by the 25th, maybe.

I'm assuming the other two games have similar requirements -- a fairly easy challenge if you're up to speed with the game already, but quite a bit harder if you need to come up to speed with a new 4x game.

NOTE -- this shouldn't scare anyone away from Dungeon of the Endless... it's an absolutely fantastic game and I highly recommend it. That said, getting to the point where you can beat a roguelike like this is a time consuming process. I have my strategies worked out now, so it's manageable, but I determined those strategies on the backs of quite a few stupid deaths.

Deques

Well the in game events are up until the 25th then they are gone forever. Just going to try and crack out the Dungeon of the Endless one while I should really be doing work so I'll let you know on that. Shhhhhhh.

But if you haven't played the game before? Good luck getting that achievement (beating the game). Though I suppose you could do it easier on 'very easy', though I'm not sure how much easier that actually makes the game. If you're new to the game you might beat it by the 25th, maybe.

I'm assuming the other two games have similar requirements -- a fairly easy challenge if you're up to speed with the game already, but quite a bit harder if you need to come up to speed with a new 4x game.

I really hate that there are unlockables that need to be done in a certain time. So I guess I have to leave everything else and unlock these ingame stuff and achievements. I have never played these games before :(

I really hate that there are unlockables that need to be done in a certain time. So I guess I have to leave everything else and unlock these ingame stuff and achievements. I have never played these games before :(

My sentiments exactly. Just imagining the endless (ha!) tutorials makes me all :/

Deques

Ordered this for streaming games to my living room at £60/$90 it's hard to beat.

Pipo X7: £60/$90
fkGehxR.jpg

Windows 8.1 with Bing
32GB Onboard Flash
Quad Core Intel Atom Baytrail at 2.16Ghz
2GB RAM
LAN PORT
4 USB port, uses micro AC to charge, has MMC slot

Just ordered this bastard too. It costed me ~$100. Would installing Win10 be a good idea?

Dr Dogg

Well they vary quite a bit in difficulty. Endless Legend I don't know if it's a permanent unlock as even looking through Amplitude's forum it's a bit hard to discern but essentially you only have to start a new game, play until you pick up the quest, which is locating 4 ruins and then an encounter then that should unlock the achievement. You can essential set you map size and terrain and make it quite easy to do.

Dungeon of the Endless is quite easy to get to the 4th floor and shouldn't take anymore than 30-45 mins but getting to the surface, even on easy peasy mode will be 3-4 hours with a good portion of luck and skill required. I think anyone playing for their first time is going to croak it some where along the way and I think you need the Endless Day character to survive all 12 floors too.

Now Endless Space sounds like a right bastard as not only do you have to win the game but you also have to play on Endless difficulty. So far 0% of players have the achievement so yeah.

Dr Dogg

Recommended 6GB RAM, wut? how many RAM does Vita have? o_o

Also:

More than likely it's a bit of a safety net due to one persons OS footprint and system memory use can differ greatly from another. That or they might be insinuating that their clientele have a lot of tabs open in their web browser at all times (which probably isn't that far off the mark.). Plus 6gb = trichannel memory so lower would be 3gb which is the range you should really be looking at.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
More than likely it's a bit of a safety net due to one persons OS footprint and system memory use can differ greatly from another. That or they might be insinuating that their clientele have a lot of tabs open in their web browser at all times (which probably isn't that far off the mark.)

2015-01-22_11-33-35.jpg

_hekk05

Banned
Probably gonna buy Nep rebirth on my vita anyway. Will double dip for backwards compatibility when it goes on sale

I'm still shocked this happened. Happy, but shocked.

Knurek

Very impressed by Alchemilla mod. I thought there was only one location, but...no.
After the hospital (both normal and hellish version), you roam a bit on Silent Hill, then you access another location. I don't know how long the mod could be, but it's very impressive.
If there were enemies to run from shrieking like a pussy, it would be a real SH title.

Corrected your typo.

Deques

Well they vary quite a bit in difficulty. Endless Legend I don't know if it's a permanent unlock as even looking through Amplitude's forum it's a bit hard to discern but essentially you only have to start a new game, play until you pick up the quest, which is locating 4 ruins and then an encounter then that should unlock the achievement. You can essential set you map size and terrain and make it quite easy to do.

Dungeon of the Endless is quite easy to get to the 4th floor and shouldn't take anymore than 30-45 mins but getting to the surface, even on easy peasy mode will be 3-4 hours with a good portion of luck and skill required. I think anyone playing for their first time is going to croak it some where along the way and I think you need the Endless Day character to survive all 12 floors too.

Now Endless Space sounds like a right bastard as not only do you have to win the game but you also have to play on Endless difficulty. So far 0% of players have the achievement so yeah.

You are giving me no hope to unlock those stuff/achievements :(
But I won't give up

I am late for my real avatar. But here it is :p

Arthea

It seems I was right about bundlestars event, only bought the first bundle and skipped all others so far.

I am late for my real avatar. But here it is :p

which one is you?

edited: dammit lashman, don't steal my jokes when I'm so busy I can post once a day at best! have mercy!

Knurek

It seems I was right about bundlestars event, only bought the first bundle and skipped all others so far.

Brofist!
(If you're having bundle withdrawal, Indie Royale Mixer is kind of nice, had 3 games from my wishlist. There's also a new Groupees Casual bundle slated for later today)

Arthea

For those of you planning to play Cat Goes Fishing (and you should play it, it's fun!), a word of warning: don't make the same mistake as I made
two times already (,_,)
, don't upgrade your pole until you have at least twice amount of money required, or you are screwed as far as quests go without certain improvement which happens to be most expensive one.

Brofist!
(If you're having bundle withdrawal, Indie Royale Mixer is kind of nice, had 3 games from my wishlist. There's also a new Groupees Casual bundle slated for later today)

I have all games in Mixer bundle and I preodered the casual bundle ... unreasonably hoping it will have Lumines
(ya, ridiculous, I know (><)

edited:
Also Jasec, congratulations on your 4K one more time, in case you haven't seen my comment being blinded by your game count and all that (><)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom