• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would really like to see Rogue Squadron 3D on Steam. I might actually get it from GOG, I love that game.

I still have my copy of Rogue Squadron (N64) and Rogue Leader (GC) around there somewhere. I would kill for a new entry in the series.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Totally had to break my game purchasing rules to grab Rogue Squadron. Time to see how it matches my nostalgia.

Starting a mission crashes to desktop. What a load of shit.

I was checking out the benchmarks.

My plan was to upgrade from Radeon 7850 to a 970 before Witcher 3 comes out, but I was made nervous by yesterday's talk of DX12 quality.

So maybe I should get the 960 instead, so that I can upgrade again in another couple years. I'd have to look in to how large of an upgrade that is from a 7850.

chronomac

Has Microsoft said anything about when DirectX 12 is coming? I'm assuming it'll launch with Windows 10, which I don't think has a solid release date.

Vlad

Only January and already an assured entry in my GOTY 2015 list. It's that good

How "early" is the game, by the way? I don't usually jump into the Early Access games after some of the horror stories, but there have been a few scenarios where I've been rewarded for taking the gamble.

Nabs

How "early" is the game, by the way? I don't usually jump into the Early Access games after some of the horror stories, but there have been a few scenarios where I've been rewarded for taking the gamble.

“The first available Early Access version corresponds with what we would have considered our "release version" in the past. The main campaign is finished, with more than 30 puzzles and a professionally voice-acted story, and includes a Steam Workshop enabled level editor allowing you to create and share custom puzzles from day one.”

It's basically the 1.0 release, but they want to do more with it.

“During Early Access, we're planning to expand the game with numerous mini-campaigns introducing new mechanics, factory blocks, environments, and products, in addition to making that new content available in the sandbox and level editor.

We also plan to make lots of general improvements to the game based on player feedback and requests, especially in the sandbox and level editor. There's no point in even pretending that we know what kind of insane contraptions you're going to build there!”

Phinor

Reviews of the GTX960 are out on tech websites.

Not impressive at all. Quite a bit slower than GTX770 and 770 cards were just being sold for around the same as 960. Obviously 770 should be out of stock in most places by now, but a second hand card will be even cheaper.

On that note, I noticed Xbox One is now priced exactly the same as Wii U at my local store. 330 euros. One day they Nintendo has to drop that Wii U price and when they do, I might finally buy one. At this point it better be a significant discount though...

Dr Dogg

Has Microsoft said anything about when DirectX 12 is coming? I'm assuming it'll launch with Windows 10, which I don't think has a solid release date.

Not from the horses month directly but end of the year is what they've said. Tech Preview licences expire about mid April so that's probably when the Consumer Preview will kick in and then it's about 5-6 months from there that Release To Manufacture happens with General Availability a month or 2 there after (going by Vista, 7 and 8 preview to release timings).

Really not that much about DX12 has been shown as of yet and the full spec is still to be finalised (DX11.3 is still to come as well mind) so keeping an eye on GDC and BUILD later on this year is a good idea if you want more info.

Lomax

Is the groupees bm17 reserve broken? The first two options are $2.50

Reserve price has always been a single price, the "broken" part is that it seems to be using the normal purchase system and showing the same price both as the minimum and the tier price. Personally I'd suggest choosing the second option just to be safe though.

Phawx

Really not that much about DX12 has been shown as of yet and the full spec is still to be finalised (DX11.3 is still to come as well mind) so keeping an eye on GDC and BUILD later on this year is a good idea if you want more info.

I've read a few articles that there are some cool things to show at GDC.

Tizoc

Short gameplay clips of One Piece Warriors 3

Where da page at Bamco...

TotalBiscuit ain't so fund of the new Win 10 gaming capabilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beny_-IJAyE

10 minutes of complaining and being angry because he doesn't care about anything they showed, really.
At 7 minutes he said "all PC gamers want is Microsofts games and Windows to be a good platform". Well that's exactly what they showed and what we seem to be getting. And yet he goes on and on and on. And he mentioned the useful parts of the Xbox streaming (streaming to less powerful hardware) but dismissed it right afterwards and talked about super powerful PCs again.

And later he said he thinks Windows 10 will be free for a year and you'll have to buy it afterwards. Good research.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Really sure? Really really sure? Because I'm having a real hard time not grabbing Rogue Squadron. The theme song is stuck in my head even.

Here this will stop you from wanting to revisit the game altogether:

The current GOG release will require you to:
-Play at ~20 frames a second max
-Play at 640x480 to hit that max framerate
-Set up a Joy2Key profile

10 minutes of complaining and being angry because he doesn't care about anything they showed, really.
At 7 minutes he said "all PC gamers want is Microsofts games and Windows to be a good platform". Well that's exactly what they showed and what we seem to be getting. And yet he goes on and on and on.

And later he said he thinks Windows 10 will be free for a year and you'll have to buy it afterwards. Good research.

IN HIS DEFENSE, no one asked for Fable. the 2 games I constantly hear/read the games PC gamers want is that Halo collection and Killer Instinct(a game they even surveyed to see if pc gamers were interested in)

IN HIS DEFENSE, no one asked for Fable. the 2 games I constantly hear/read the games PC gamers want is that Halo collection and Killer Instinct(a game they even surveyed to see if pc gamers were interested in)

Yes we didn't get games. The conference was never supposed to be about games but about the platform.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
At 7 minutes he said "all PC gamers want is Microsofts games and Windows to be a good platform". Well that's exactly what they showed and what we seem to be getting. And yet he goes on and on and on. And he mentioned the useful parts of the Xbox streaming (streaming to less powerful hardware) but dismissed it right afterwards and talked about super powerful PCs again.

So the usual for TB.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
But this is a start. If Fable is coming to PC, who's to say Halo isn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom