• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the most OP function combo in Transistor?

I'm on the Recursion (New Game+), and once you acquire every function you start getting second copies of the ones you already have. Cull() with a second Cull() in the upgrade slot gives you a 5 second stun. Add Jaunt() to make it fire instantly or Breach() to make it long-range, and either way you have a spammable super stun that lets you steamroll almost every process in the game.
Bind Switch() to low energy moves and spam it.
So uh, people that finished Alien:Isolation.
Do I go back to everywhere on the station at one point or another, or did I fuck myself out of that one ID badge I didn't pick up in one of the earlier missions.
Everywhere, but why do you want to pick up id tags? They are useless.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Will the PC Version get a way to do this like it does on PS3 and PS4.

490c4f922f.gif

lmfaooo my brother was like "yo, whats huniepop, i see you played 4 hours of that." I explained to him what it was and then showed him the game, he called me... well, I think I'd get banned if i typed the word but it starts with an f. :( haters gonna hate, waifus all day everyday.

Sajjaja

lmfaooo my brother was like "yo, whats huniepop, i see you played 4 hours of that." I explained to him what it was and then showed him the game, he called me... well, I think I'd get banned if i typed the word but it starts with an f. :( haters gonna hate, waifus all day everyday.

he called you gay cause you like play games where girls strip......ok

Vazra

Love Fairy?

he called you gay cause you like play games where girls strip......ok

Gay here with 7 hours clocked in LOL

Lomax

Which is kind of a scary thought, since Smite has absolutely monstrous potential. Any word on whether they are going to bring it to Steam? Or is it big enough (or they are treating it as such) that they can forgo Steam to get that sweet 30%?

It's one of those genres I can understand not wanting it on Steam, since it would be directly compared there to DOTA2. Seems to be doing pretty well by most accounts.

ExoSoul

Banned
Okay, I know I've picked up some bad habits by playing some bad puzzle games lately but Lyne is not only challenging after a few tiers as the dailies can kick your mental ass if you're not in the mood to take some time and think it through.

I really like this game! =D

Show him what those girls are willing to do and he'll fist-bump
not to be confused with fist-pump
you for days.

Jawmuncher

i'm doing some pvp in dark souls in the forest, level 99 if anyone wants to join. my cat and i will be waiting in the stream -_-

edit: done for the night

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Will the PC Version get a way to do this like it does on PS3 and PS4.

I would be surprised if the Steam version of DOA5: Last Round didn't feature controller support.

Mila is the best. Up your game Nito.

I hope at least not like how they did it in DW8 XL. That was horrible. You had to configure each button yourself and even then instead of "Press A to...." it shows some cryptic symbol and then
"Press cryptic symbol button to attack"

Oh dear, that would be awful...and kinda hilarious.

I would be surprised if DOA5: Last Round didn't feature controller support.

I hope at least not like how they did it in DW8 XL. That was horrible. You had to configure each button yourself and even then instead of "Press A to...." it shows some cryptic symbol and then

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, that bar kills a bunch of backgrounds i really like =/
it's almost like valve started developing the profile background system, accomplished the bare minimum functionality and then stop for some reason!

how could that be!!!

You should had posted something worse then, how's your sense of self and unique doing? =P
.... you take that back! =<
my sense of self and unique was dragged through the floor way earlier than this thank you very much

Never noticed the blue line at the bottom until now. o_O
sorry notsorry lol

I knoooooooooow, I'm so far behind with it! I got it a few months back thanks to Asgaro, but I just... haven't been in a very big game playing mood. Work was ravaging my will to do extracurricular activities through most of 2014, and now I'm just in a mode where I won't load anything up unless someone invites me to a co-op multi game.

I'll put it on the short list, but I can't promise anything~
put it in the shorter list!

NSFW.... What... the helll.... All I was trying to do was find some new SHMUPs. Looks like something that would sell like hotcakes on Steam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEFkgLCdmqs
wtf

NSFW.... What... the helll.... All I was trying to do was find some new SHMUPs. Looks like something that would sell like hotcakes on Steam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEFkgLCdmqs

It would appear to be this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UGFby5CXfw

Oh man, the google translate of the webpage for it amazing.

"Its name is "Soreyuke! Bull Nyanman Ecstasy !!!"
Further power up the consumer version as a base!
"Bull Nyanman HARDCORE !!!" but was a DL dedicated software,
This time how luxurious benefits with package version appeared in!
Consumer version only character that can not be used in previous PC version of "niece Nyanman" also participated in the player character!

Of course H scene added!
H a bomb graphics also be added!
Enemy character also newly added!

And, Added new mode "ecstasy mode"! !
Change enemy patterns than traditional mode! To connect the combo and high scores & &#9675;&#9675; Nagohobi is ......! ?

People you have never played as well,
people who've previously played also sure to enjoy!
In addition, a variety of player characters can be selected, a variety of system-
by is able of chip &#8226; difficulty of tutorial select,

STG beginner you are thinking "shooting from difficult little ......" and from STG expert that "tepid shooting is NO" believe of course, etch has been worrying endlessly that "want to see a lot of H scene" people, "cat Toka rat I love! "animal love kid or in,

Mean satisfaction! Fun and I can play the game!
In Nagitaoshi all the enemy rats and giant boss looming, Reclaim the "one Nya can" deprived murine us!"

KOEI's porting method hasn't change in the past decade.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I finished Project Night.

header.jpg

Steam version of the review here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/AestheticGamer/recommended/333860/

Project Night is an attempt to be a classic-styled survival-horror game. It most notably takes inspiration from the Silent Hill franchise, though to its credit its more, "Inspired by," and not a direct rip from it. I had originally played a section of the game a couple of years ago in alpha form on Desura. There have been a number of changes to the game since I played, and unfortunately, I cannot say for the better.

Let me first state this; It's not downright terrible, it's a bit better than some will exaggerate and make it out to be. It's got a few decent moments, the original soundtrack is actually pretty well done and appropriately moody, there were a few points I got frightened, a few points the atmosphere does exist. Basically, there are a few moments that stand out to show what the game could be. Also a bit worthy to note the entire game was made by one person, and you can sense in places some passion they had for what they were making.

However, the game unfortunately fails on several fronts which makes it something I just cannot recommend. The developer during the game's development did fix some bugs, and he's rather social on his forums and Desura page, so from all I have seen, I do think the developer will fix up some of the issues from the game and work out a few annoyances that are present. The game has about three different types of enemies, two of them are alright, one of the two actually being fairly unique (though obviously inspired by War of the Worlds). However, something that dragged the game down to annoyance levels are these fucking enemies I title, "Shorts." They look like green children wearing red shirts and white shorts, on all fours. They don't look scary, and at a distance they can be shot down rather easily. However, the moment they get within striking radius, you are going to get 'rekt'd'. There is no escaping their ankle slapping, they will continuously slap your ankles until you die. Not only do they get stuck in you, you can't fire at them, and they will slap your ankles to death. In a few segments, this gets particularly annoying, as the checkpoints happen whenever you load a new area, and a few segments have long stretches before you get to the next area.

The next big flaw is that the game is full of large empty space where there is nothing to do. There's a few moments where you go through large towns and explore, but there's hardly anything to explore, it's mostly empty roads with nothing to do. There's also a few invisible walls, where when you hit them, text will pop up, giving some arbitrary reason for why they exist. "Who put this invisible wall here?" Who put this invisible wall here, indeed. No one likes invisible walls, especially ones that appear in areas that look like you could clearly walk to them.

The game has weird ways in which you pick up supplies and ammo. You have a maximum of 10 bullets you can carry, and you can only pick up more bullets if you have five or less. And there's far more enemies than there are bullets, and since most of them are the Shorts enemies, they are faster than you and will continually swipe ankles, so you have to do trial and error to find paths to bypass these Shorts and find the way to victory. That is, when you can figure out where you're supposed to be going.

The game in places makes good use of lighting and audio to direct you to the correct way to go. However, in other places it drops this and there's little to no direction of where you're supposed to go, outside of invisible walls telling you that you can't go this way.

For all my complaints, there were a few elements that were enjoyable again. The school segment did manage to unnerve me, and comparatively was fairly enjoyably. The notes you find through the game about lights in the sky are fairly interesting. I would even say that the controls, once you get used to them, are a bit better than not, not quite tank controls and are a bit fluid.

However, any chance this game had for me to recommend it falls apart by the 'twist' the game has at the very end of its narrative, a very loose narrative, with one of the most predictable twists you can see coming. Think horror, think predictable twist, and you may very well be able to guess from that alone is the twist of the game.

There's some decency here, but as it is, unless the game see's some serious overhauls to make segments simply more fun and more to do, I cannot recommend it. The game runs 3-4 hours, but pulls too many of the same tricks too many times.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I finished Project Night.

header.jpg

Steam version of the review here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/AestheticGamer/recommended/333860/

Project Night is an attempt to be a classic-styled survival-horror game. It most notably takes inspiration from the Silent Hill franchise, though to its credit its more, "Inspired by," and not a direct rip from it. I had originally played a section of the game a couple of years ago in alpha form on Desura. There have been a number of changes to the game since I played, and unfortunately, I cannot say for the better.

Let me first state this; It's not downright terrible, it's a bit better than some will exaggerate and make it out to be. It's got a few decent moments, the original soundtrack is actually pretty well done and appropriately moody, there were a few points I got frightened, a few points the atmosphere does exist. Basically, there are a few moments that stand out to show what the game could be. Also a bit worthy to note the entire game was made by one person, and you can sense in places some passion they had for what they were making.

However, the game unfortunately fails on several fronts which makes it something I just cannot recommend. The developer during the game's development did fix some bugs, and he's rather social on his forums and Desura page, so from all I have seen, I do think the developer will fix up some of the issues from the game and work out a few annoyances that are present. The game has about three different types of enemies, two of them are alright, one of the two actually being fairly unique (though obviously inspired by War of the Worlds). However, something that dragged the game down to annoyance levels are these fucking enemies I title, "Shorts." They look like green children wearing red shirts and white shorts, on all fours. They don't look scary, and at a distance they can be shot down rather easily. However, the moment they get within striking radius, you are going to get 'rekt'd'. There is no escaping their ankle slapping, they will continuously slap your ankles until you die. Not only do they get stuck in you, you can't fire at them, and they will slap your ankles to death. In a few segments, this gets particularly annoying, as the checkpoints happen whenever you load a new area, and a few segments have long stretches before you get to the next area.

The next big flaw is that the game is full of large empty space where there is nothing to do. There's a few moments where you go through large towns and explore, but there's hardly anything to explore, it's mostly empty roads with nothing to do. There's also a few invisible walls, where when you hit them, text will pop up, giving some arbitrary reason for why they exist. "Who put this invisible wall here?" Who put this invisible wall here, indeed. No one likes invisible walls, especially ones that appear in areas that look like you could clearly walk to them.

The game has weird ways in which you pick up supplies and ammo. You have a maximum of 10 bullets you can carry, and you can only pick up more bullets if you have five or less. And there's far more enemies than there are bullets, and since most of them are the Shorts enemies, they are faster than you and will continually swipe ankles, so you have to do trial and error to find paths to bypass these Shorts and find the way to victory. That is, when you can figure out where you're supposed to be going.

The game in places makes good use of lighting and audio to direct you to the correct way to go. However, in other places it drops this and there's little to no direction of where you're supposed to go, outside of invisible walls telling you that you can't go this way.

For all my complaints, there were a few elements that were enjoyable again. The school segment did manage to unnerve me, and comparatively was fairly enjoyably. The notes you find through the game about lights in the sky are fairly interesting. I would even say that the controls, once you get used to them, are a bit better than not, not quite tank controls and are a bit fluid.

However, any chance this game had for me to recommend it falls apart by the 'twist' the game has at the very end of its narrative, a very loose narrative, with one of the most predictable twists you can see coming. Think horror, think predictable twist, and you may very well be able to guess from that alone is the twist of the game.

There's some decency here, but as it is, unless the game see's some serious overhauls to make segments simply more fun and more to do, I cannot recommend it. The game runs 3-4 hours, but pulls too many of the same tricks too many times.

I feared the worst when I saw Jim Sterling's video earlier today.

By the way, have you had a chance to check out Silent Hill: Alchemilla yet, Dusky? The full version released a few days ago but hasn't had a big splash yet.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I feared the worst when I saw Jim Sterling's video earlier today.

By the way, have you had a chance to check out Silent Hill: Alchemilla yet, Dusky? The full version released a few days ago but hasn't had a big splash yet.

Yes I have, I played it a few days ago. Firstly, Silent Hill Achemilla looks beautiful. Here's a few screens I took:

The original music is quite good, and the Silent Hill music that is used is used to a pretty good extent. In some areas, it really captures Silent HIll's atmosphere. However, there's a few niggles, which come from a few sections that don't quite feel Silent Hill-like. The story isn''t really great, just okay. Acting can be a bit hammy. Puzzles range from being pretty good, too not doing a good job at explaining themselves.

However, if you're interested in the fantastic art direction and atmosphere, it's very strong, especially in a few sequences. A bit longer than I expected.

zkylon

zkylewd
anyone that played ys oath in felghana, is there a way to set the "accept" button to A but still use it to jump?

maybe like a .ini i can edit somewhere?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Yes I have, I played it a few days ago. Firstly, Silent Hill Achemilla looks beautiful. Here's a few screens I took:

The original music is quite good, and the Silent Hill music that is used is used to a pretty good extent. In some areas, it really captures Silent HIll's atmosphere. However, there's a few niggles, which come from a few sections that don't quite feel Silent Hill-like. The story isn''t really great, just okay. Acting can be a bit hammy. Puzzles range from being pretty good, too not doing a good job at explaining themselves.

However, if you're interested in the fantastic art direction and atmosphere, it's very strong, especially in a few sequences. A bit longer than I expected.

Yeah, they nailed a lot about the artistic side of the series for sure. I was also surprised by the length - I was expecting a two hour romp but it actually took quite a while to get through the various stages.

I think if they were to get someone onboard to polish up the script, even if the story wouldn't really change, it'd improve quite a bit.

Vazra

I would be surprised if the Steam version of DOA5: Last Round didn't feature controller support.

Mila is the best. Up your game Nito.

I mean that breast shaking was done shaking the PS3 and PS4 controller. I wonder if we will have an alt option to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom