• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
People joke about EVE Online being spreadsheets, but EVE has nothing compared to Football Manager. I should point out I started playing 2015 today. FM was my gateway drug for PC gaming.

MUnited83

For you.
i just can't find myself enjoying it with the mess of weird weapons

i'm guessing it's fun for someone else, but the simplicity of tf2 and it's lack of unlocking shit were some of the things i liked most about it and now that both of those are gone (to some degree), it just turns me off

what do you mean scummy horror?

You can play TF2 damn well with the vanilla weapons alone.

This is pretty much the only one you need. It stays relatively close to the vanilla experience while ironing out some of the stuff that just wasn't very user friendly.
k cool thanks

not that i know of

complete mod is as its name says, it has like a billion modules with everything you'll want, from textures to sound to lighting to ai to drivable vehicles

wait wait wait, DRIVABLE VEHICLES!? LEZGOOOOOO

zkylon

zkylewd
You can play TF2 damn well with the vanilla weapons alone.
i just really dislike seeing a lot of stuff that i don't know what it does

i bet tf2 is a great game for tf2 fans that keep up to date with every update

but for people that don't if it didn't abide by the rule "getting shot is bad" then it would have moba levels of burden of knowledge lol

wait wait wait, DRIVABLE VEHICLES!? LEZGOOOOOO
yea and they're clunky old russian cars that drive like shit

it's awesome :>

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The sports of American Football and ROW Football are derived from the same sport that, incidentally, was a lot more like American football than what soccer is today.

This and other fighting words are available in my new book, "The Pageantry of Pedantry."

i just can't find myself enjoying it with the mess of weird weapons

i'm guessing it's fun for someone else, but the simplicity of tf2 and it's lack of unlocking shit were some of the things i liked most about it and now that both of those are gone (to some degree), it just turns me off
This is true. TF2 was more fun before it fully embraced being a free-to-play game.

Of course, my favourite server was populated back then, and is not anymore, which might be influencing me a bit...

what do you mean scummy horror?

I've read a lot of dissatisfaction about how Hi-Rez handles their free-to-play games, especially after they release a new one. It's a cycle of abuse, where they make a decent game and then slowly run it into the ground while trying to eke more money out of the playerbase - culminating with the devs all but abandoning it when they release a new game.

Note that I haven't actually played any of their stuff, but I'm certain longtime players would share this view.

oipic

FM has always been a super popular series, and one I'm completely addicted to. It's a very deep and brilliant game.

Indeed, Dimitri. FM is the most addictive gaming experience I've had/suffered, and this is from someone who has poured thousands of hours into the Civ series over many years.

I've deliberately had to go completely cold turkey with FM, for the sake of Real Life, and in order to see and experience what other games have to offer. I tend to live and breathe it otherwise - I worked on the data research for the Australian leagues for a few years, which was time consuming in its own right.

No matter how low the price ever plummets, no matter how good the deal, I must resist FM15. I must!

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
i just really dislike seeing a lot of stuff that i don't know what it does

i bet tf2 is a great game for tf2 fans that keep up to date with every update

but for people that don't if it didn't abide by the rule "getting shot is bad" then it would have moba levels of burden of knowledge lol

yea and they're clunky old russian cars that drive like shit

it's awesome :>
no country for old zkylon.

The sports of American Football and ROW Football are derived from the same sport that, incidentally, was a lot more like American football than what soccer is today.

This and other fighting words are available in my new book, "The Pageantry of Pedantry."
I would buy that.

Lomax

The people who make OOTP Baseball are making (or have already made, can't remember) a version for American Football.

In other news, I'm seriously considering pre-ordering Groupees BM17 just on the rumor that Cinders is in it, even though the last time I made a pre-order based on rumor the bundle was worthless to me.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lashman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

To The Moon -- MB-EBEB7C93DAF687FC - Taken by legacyzero. 1 entrants total.
SolForge Dinosaur Starter (Early Access) -- MB-465CF9ECF9E8C522 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Desert Thunder -- MB-083F886B7C5BF0CA - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Marine Sharpshooter II: Jungle Warfare -- MB-64AE3A2416794CA2 - Taken by RedFyn
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition -- MB-0CE993CE633D8A09 - Taken by Blu(e). 2 entrants total.
Grimind -- MB-94083F24C7D2F3F3 - Taken by Tesseract. 3 entrants total.
SolForge Starter Pack 1 (Early Access) -- MB-30372FA01CD3C75F - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
Manhunter -- MB-498E797771B3E1B3 - Taken by Milamber. 2 entrants total.
Humanity Asset -- MB-9B852C940A6C3FF5 - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.

t1421972265z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
i started making a league of legends pro team sim a while ago and left it there after getting tired of so much interface-work

no fun!

This is true. TF2 was more fun before it fully embraced being a free-to-play game.
not really gonna say it was more fun but i think simple is elegant and new tf2 is definitely not elegant :p

like you could say the same about league of legends but since league was always like this is much less jarring than when i remember playing tf2 compared to what it is now

I've read a lot of dissatisfaction about how Hi-Rez handles their free-to-play games, especially after they release a new one. It's a cycle of abuse, where they make a decent game and then slowly run it into the ground while trying to eke more money out of the playerbase - culminating with the devs all but abandoning it when they release a new game.

Note that I haven't actually played any of their stuff, but I'm certain longtime players would share this view.
hmm, interesting. isn't smite by hirez too?

no country for old zkylon.
lol

Lain

So I've been playing some Inversion... It's really quite lovely, in my opinion. It's pretty, has a few nice mechanics and I'd never heard of it!

... And now I wish I hadn't. It crashes during every single loading screen bar the one when I resume the campaign.

Better yet, I've not been able to find any solutions on google thus far. Maybe I'll try and re-install it... :|

I don't think there is a solution. I haven't been able to find one for the constant crashes anyways when I played it.
It constantly crashed for me and it was infuriating and aggravating. At least I managed to finish it, though the end was just as annoying as the crashes.

Old times

ModBot said:
Instructions for PLASTICA-MAN:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PLASTICA-MAN, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Swipecart -- MB-8F05E1E8F1CEC440 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 5 entrants total.

t1421974965z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 48 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Alchemy Mysteries Prague Legends -- MB-DD9FDE7B7873BA00 - Taken by Lomax. 3 entrants total.
Heroes and Legends Conquerors Of Kolhar -- MB-DA521BDA00F4F360 - Taken by tebunker. 3 entrants total.
Cubesis -- MB-B53102F13ED923A0 - Taken by Kifimbo. 10 entrants total.
Battleplan American Civil War -- MB-F2E487F97FD77176 - Taken by factorone. 1 entrants total.
World War 2 Time of Wrath -- MB-195805FF2A7BCB00 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Super Killer Hornet Resurrection -- MB-4418D646A0E78B72 - Taken by NihonTiger90. 1 entrants total.
Slave Zero -- MB-D6366F54BC23A0A3 - Taken by Jawmuncher. 5 entrants total.
Words for Evil -- MB-9AE07B4F8110228C - Taken by Madn. 8 entrants total.
Elements Soul of Fire -- MB-C81AF65803079A5F - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 2 entrants total.
The UnderGarden -- MB-B317B0FBFA4EC2C6 - Taken by The Reloader. 2 entrants total.
The Few -- MB-987BA9ABAC7992B5 - Taken by Abomination. 2 entrants total.
The Campaign Series Fall Weiss #2 -- MB-251A0CA9950DDDAA - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.
Strategic War in Europe #2 -- MB-923B4993C85D7271 - Taken by nja. 2 entrants total.
Rhiannon Curse of the Four Branches -- MB-4E48F5241304613B - Taken by skullmuffins. 2 entrants total.
Shadows Price For Our Sins -- MB-400EBBE4B1E53E9B - Taken by skullmuffins. 5 entrants total.
Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender Bender -- MB-21943F6501746B0D - Taken by Sammichu. 2 entrants total.
Space Warp -- MB-F84AB261DA10395F - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.
House of 1,000 Doors Family Secrets -- MB-F852AE8A9641A14B
Shadow Ops Red Mercury -- MB-A40FB9B5143221CA - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
Skyborn -- MB-CA9C8B11D2236BD2 - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
Ionball 2 Ionstorm -- MB-0C3853AA973EE9AD - Taken by Conrad Link. 4 entrants total.
Onikira Demon Killer -- MB-0181127695164FFE - Taken by fspm. 9 entrants total.
Tribloos 2 -- MB-109957CB261CA53A - Taken by sensoft04. 2 entrants total.
Dead Bits -- MB-36E9492D055405CB
BloodNet -- MB-8E92094D4283F2B5 - Taken by KainXVIII. 2 entrants total.
Metal Dead -- MB-97A6DFD96C151F95 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 6 entrants total.
Depth Hunter 2 Deep Dive -- MB-5140DA62A5A46051 - Taken by Chreznor. 1 entrants total.
Strategic War in Europe -- MB-1C9A3E48AF59D537 - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Miner Wars Arena -- MB-CF1C50C113290930 - Taken by Eila. 3 entrants total.
The Culling of the Cows -- MB-2C213F894DA8EAEA - Taken by Loptous. 3 entrants total.
Metal Planet -- MB-A922D9C70716AC8C - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
The Last Door The Collectors Edition -- MB-4A52A7195CC395BF - Taken by Natty1. 4 entrants total.
World War 2 Time of Wrath #2 -- MB-F7AD9CB3D6C4FF71 - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
1953 NATO vs Warsaw Pact -- MB-0C65EBAA4A35415F - Taken by Kurt Russell. 1 entrants total.
Storm over the Pacific -- MB-E7E895CD0EDB7673 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 4 entrants total.
Song of the Myrne What Lies Beneath on Steam -- MB-025732B8DC18D65D - Taken by titch. 5 entrants total.
Doctor Who The Adventure Games -- MB-8F1976CAE85729C5 - Taken by Driw3r. 3 entrants total.
SWEET LILY DREAMS -- MB-9C9F032281EB9CC4 - Taken by data. 1 entrants total.
Storm over the Pacific #2 -- MB-F3F8C5581802DFAE - Taken by Belgarion
Doorways Chapters 1 & 2 -- MB-1E782235A9038C5F
Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle -- MB-EC30E4694E67ADFD - Taken by gaiadyne. 4 entrants total.
Dungeon of Elements -- MB-75AEADE1E7BC502D - Taken by Sarcasm. 2 entrants total.
A.I.M. 2 Clan Wars -- MB-9A4E52E895F558E0 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 2 entrants total.
Tiny & Big Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-1D30F6D0D9127522 - Taken by lindarasta. 3 entrants total.
Paranormal State Poison Spring -- MB-6ED516EF87B7FE8E - Taken by skullmuffins. 2 entrants total.
Real Warfare 1242 -- MB-6184C733EEDE87B6 - Taken by Haunted. 1 entrants total.
The Campaign Series Fall Weiss -- MB-7B4AB1C9269855E5 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Legions of Ashworld -- MB-B2F87A61F3B62091 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 5 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Shadows Price For Our Sins was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for House of 1,000 Doors Family Secrets was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ionball 2 Ionstorm was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dead Bits was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for The Culling of the Cows was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Metal Planet was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for SWEET LILY DREAMS was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Doorways Chapters 1 & 2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1421978264z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Holy shit, I just noticed Enhanced Steam lets you pick any background of any game O.O

yeah but what if someone without enhanced steam sees your profile then. it'll look all ugly and bad! and it's only 10c tops for most backgrounds

speaking of profile backgrounds i'm quite happy with the one i got from always sometimes monsters

did i mention always sometimes monsters is a great game you should play? specially you cheese?

ExoSoul

Banned
yeah but what if someone without enhanced steam sees your profile then. it'll look all ugly and bad! and it's only 10c tops for most backgrounds

speaking of profile backgrounds i'm quite happy with the one i got from always sometimes monsters

did i mention always sometimes monsters is a great game you should play? specially you cheese?

That does look nice.....
Guess what I'm gonna do? :p
I've got to be honest, I don't generally like that type of game but after the alleyway scene (which made me quit the first time) the game does get more interesting, I just wish it had better pixelart.

zkylon

zkylewd
That is pretty nice. Want.

the blue line thing at the bottom is weird though

i tried different backgrounds and it seems to be present on all of them

sounds like a job for enhanced steam to fix!

That does look nice.....
Guess what I'm gonna do? :p
I've got to be honest, I don't generally like that type of game but after the alleyway scene (which made me quit the first time) the game does get more interesting, I just wish it had better pixelart.
dang wasn't my intention for everyone to copy mine lol

pixelart is kind of crappy but really who cares :I

Looks nice. Simple. Peaceful. Hmm, actually I own that same background, but I don't use it because I'll stick with Shaundi.

As for the game it was...not fun. BUT it was not fun in a good way, kinda like Papers, Please. If you don't like to have fun when you play games, ASM is a solid choice.

FiveElementNinja said:
That is pretty nice. Want.

Do you? I have it. Put me on your friends list and it's yours. http://steamcommunity.com/id/mallomar/

Teeth

It's their newest game, yes. There has yet to be a replacement.

Which is kind of a scary thought, since Smite has absolutely monstrous potential. Any word on whether they are going to bring it to Steam? Or is it big enough (or they are treating it as such) that they can forgo Steam to get that sweet 30%?

ExoSoul

Banned

Yeah, that bar kills a bunch of backgrounds i really like =/

You should had posted something worse then, how's your sense of self and unique doing? =P
.... you take that back! =<

Never noticed the blue line at the bottom until now. o_O

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

I knoooooooooow, I'm so far behind with it! I got it a few months back thanks to Asgaro, but I just... haven't been in a very big game playing mood. Work was ravaging my will to do extracurricular activities through most of 2014, and now I'm just in a mode where I won't load anything up unless someone invites me to a co-op multi game.

I'll put it on the short list, but I can't promise anything~

Which is kind of a scary thought, since Smite has absolutely monstrous potential. Any word on whether they are going to bring it to Steam? Or is it big enough (or they are treating it as such) that they can forgo Steam to get that sweet 30%?

Wait, wasn't it on Steam before? I honestly thought it was already... Weird.

But, as you say, Valve's cut is probably a big reason why they're absent. Even games like Elite: Dangerous avoid the Valve cut, and it isn't even free-to-play/microtransaction-based.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom