• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickyson1

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 68 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (rickyson1, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Summoner -- MB-4DA4534472C37018 - Taken by Kuroyume
Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-90EE6295385C6393 - Taken by Berto
Syder Arcade -- MB-3A3552B56EB85FB9 - Taken by Servizio
FREEDOM FALL -- MB-99F1C1A0D111B430 - Taken by Nabs
Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-417F59B97F9EE7DF - Taken by Conrad Link
Blast Em! -- MB-A793F43C65A78E34
Commando Jack -- MB-519AD03B8F191599
The Campaign Series: Fall Weiss -- MB-B6FE7BE8C7D53CF0 - Taken by Purkake4
Claustrophobia: The Downward Struggle -- MB-DD80160C0B3BEF5A - Taken by Akuosa
Rush For Glory -- MB-CFB2EFAFE144D026 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Storm over the Pacific -- MB-B7C21A5D2886775D - Taken by drakaenae
Pulstar -- MB-ABB742FDC7F314CA - Taken by Tesseract
Five Nights at Freddy's -- MB-F31A34F8B84693A8 - Taken by Catshade
March of the Eagles -- MB-B89FED119D7B62A6 - Taken by bobnowhere
Lovely Planet -- MB-D962A6C3A63786A1 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Cubesis -- MB-51D2CA2AE332FADA - Taken by WinterDemons
The Few -- MB-53A953B9D5A778AC - Taken by Kurt Russell
World War 2: Time of Wrath #2 -- MB-2BE57436C095D3B0
Out of the Park Baseball 14 -- MB-F3F2ADEC26267ED0 - Taken by Madn
1953: NATO vs Warsaw Pact -- MB-587544748D8241FA - Taken by SSPssp
Talisman: Digital Edition -- MB-B6765ED3AD3FB0C2 - Taken by Megauap
Strategic War in Europe #2 -- MB-2A524A834187F698
Teleglitch: Guns and Tunes DLC -- MB-25C48A50CD3C2DE1 - Taken by thereisnoif
8BitBoy -- MB-EF7B523828C06C2E - Taken by Benedict
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising #3 -- MB-C90AD9809AFBFD6C - Taken by M*A*S*H
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising #2 -- MB-027556A58E29E696 - Taken by Lomax
Residue: Final Cut -- MB-0C0104035125E80F - Taken by Saty
Doorways: The Underworld -- MB-B0E81B81DCE7613A - Taken by redlacs
Glacier 3: The Meltdown -- MB-583019329BAD9A77
Skyborn -- MB-EEE767E5728111DF - Taken by ExoSoul
Post Master -- MB-73DA73B2D7453F1E
Desert Thunder #2 -- MB-3148FDFA5257EC94
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-51B94E591A7E6B5E - Taken by Drakhyrr
Glacier 3: The Meltdown #2 -- MB-D43158DAA7CD9403
Ignite -- MB-F34C34F85BEA0C6B
Street Racing Syndicate -- MB-855572E6E552DD46 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Supreme Commander Gold Edition -- MB-354D62DD5F439829 - Taken by 7Sins
Strategic War in Europe -- MB-D8019022D8019823
Great Permutator -- MB-FCA25621096FF926
Chernobyl Commando -- MB-8EB7A889E93955E9 - Taken by TheMadMan007
Greed: Black Border -- MB-85A6595ADD23CBED - Taken by WinterDemons
Platypus -- MB-20CCFE9F2B986240

Desert Thunder -- MB-730D25BDB98D6E42
Battleplan: American Civil War -- MB-F52368B007C627D3 - Taken by Stumpokapow
The Campaign Series: Fall Weiss #2 -- MB-1DFEBB1BFAAA36F4 - Taken by Alien8
Depth Hunter 2: Deep Dive -- MB-948A33CC9323F944
Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- MB-B4AB56C08491DE21 - Taken by PunishedSnake
War of the Roses: Kingmaker -- MB-4ACEBCA5F61D8AB4
Jet Car Stunts -- MB-5788FD9D1966030C - Taken by Gintoki
Hyper Fighters -- MB-F749436CE1DB0494
Year Walk -- MB-7331F42C9E20BD26 - Taken by Dusk Golem
Mini Motor Racing EVO -- MB-B8676521D98C8645 - Taken by Pestilence11
The Desolate Hope -- MB-48C5ECBC2832A0EA - Taken by The Reloader

White Noise Online -- MB-22F5D3153FEB22D4
Legions of Ashworld -- MB-CFDC0B799416F2BE - Taken by Kifimbo
Zoo Park -- MB-488B440171A816EA - Taken by texhnolyze
World War 2: Time of Wrath -- MB-D5CC21C2103CA938
The 39 Steps -- MB-C025E78D54E91B1F - Taken by BorntoPlay
A.I.M. 2 Clan Wars -- MB-EAF4483696176A8C
Commando Jack #2 -- MB-35B5E011745BCE72
Platypus #2 -- MB-78FC415AD30B56A4 - Taken by Purkake4
CT Special Forces -- MB-07B5CF817A1D71F0 - Taken by nightstorm
Eurofighter Typhoon -- MB-9715336DD23F2346
Incoming Forces -- MB-76A87979FD0828BD
SOL: Exodus -- MB-7CBC4B50C9B27E38
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-4EA31E02705AEF67 - Taken by cardinalmind
1953- KGB Unleashed -- MB-A01713DB5F0C950E

extra keys document getting pretty big guess it's time to do a dump

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Does Grey Goo seem like something that might be good? Odd that there's no price or pre-order despite releasing in nine hours.

I believe it will be. Classic styled RTS made by people who helped make Command And Conquer as well as Total Annihilation what it was, efforts to make it very balanced, no super weapons or other gimmicks for the sake of doing so, plenty of maps. It has a lot going for it.

If you haven't seen it yet, there was a Game Informer Test Chamber that showed off some of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1DZjpzZdeI

Tizoc

extra keys document getting pretty big guess it's time to do a dump

cRAP i WANT FREEDOM fall but I don't know if I have it already >_>;
*checks account on phone*

Also I thought this Pulstar was on Steam, turns out it's some indie game =/
Pulstar_Coverart.png

jb1234

not sure if i like ys

it's entertaining i guess but it's also got like zero story hooks and i just don't find myself wanting to play it for more than an hour or so. it's not boring as much as just not very compelling for me

probably gonna be my first and last ys game

Aside from Ys VII and Celceta (which are arguably *too* story heavy), Ys games are pure action games with just enough motivation to go out there and kick ass. Which game did you try?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Really hope the Night Cry kickstarter, when it goes up, passes. It's a kickstarter to bring the game to PC. With the director of Clock Tower, art director of Silent Hill 2, and other horror talent on it, I want it to come to PC, not just stick to mobile and Vita.

Tizoc

^Why not e-mail them about it once the kickstarter goes live? PC shouldn't be too hard to port to.

Aside from Ys VII and Celceta (which are arguably *too* story heavy), Ys games are pure action games with just enough motivation to go out there and kick ass. Which game did you try?

He's playing Oath in Felghana (Ys 3).

Yeah they fixed it, runs 60 FPS for me long as it is the only thing running on my laptop.
you sure the fps was fixed?i just remember the resolution and options being fixed.i then remember people saying fps was not but they said it when we found out about the resolution update.

For me it is that unknown feeling. I am dumped at an empty house and I have to figure everything out. I don't know if I am alone or what I am going to find. The creaking house that constantly sounded like footsteps didn't help.

On a related note, I just finished the game. I might have missed one or two things but it took me just shy of 2 hours. I thought it was pretty good, I've definitely played more boring games in this genre. I just can't get over how big that house is.

Next up the P.T. demo on PS4, with headphones and at night :p

Dusk Golem

^Why not e-mail them about it once the kickstarter goes live? PC shouldn't be too hard to port to.

The Kickstarter itself is to bring the game to PC. The team is self-funding their title and no matter what it is coming to Mobile and Vita, even if the Kickstarter fails. The Kickstarter is to bring the game to PC, that's what the crowd-funding is for since otherwise they wouldn't be able to afford it and the process to design it for bigger screens for PC.

Though we have some alpha screens of the game now, and the Kickstarter to bring it to PC starts soon.

For those who don't know what Night Cry is, it's the spiritual sequel to the Clock Tower series and Haunting Grounds, made by the creator of the first Clock Tower games. It'll be point'n'click survival horror on a cruise ship, we know the main antagonist is named the Scissor Walker, we know that there is a number of horror talent on board, including the creature designer and lead art designer of Silent Hill 2, the director of the Ju-On films and Marebito, and other unannounced talent. The project is low budget, funded by the pockets of the creator of Clock Tower, who wanted to make a horror game like this and had been saving up for years to make it, which is now finally in production.

If the Kickstarter fails and it doesn't come to PC, I don't even know how devastated I'll be. Here's Polygon's on-hands experience with it and the director talking about the PC Kickstarter: http://www.polygon.com/a/life-in-japan/Night-Cry-Clock-Tower-PC

Tizoc

you sure the fps was fixed?i just remember the resolution and options being fixed.i then remember people saying fps was not but they said it when we found out about the resolution update.

It runs at 60 FPS for me, it only ever dips when accessing the save point, but otherwise smooth 60 all the way. I had issues where the FPS would dip but that's mainly if I am using Steam Broadcast or another program is running the background :p

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
The Kickstarter itself is to bring the game to PC. The team is self-funding their title and no matter what it is coming to Mobile and Vita, even if the Kickstarter fails. The Kickstarter is to bring the game to PC, that's what the crowd-funding is for since otherwise they wouldn't be able to afford it and the process to design it for bigger screens for PC.

Though we have some alpha screens of the game now, and the Kickstarter to bring it to PC starts soon.

For those who don't know what Night Cry is, it's the spiritual sequel to the Clock Tower series and Haunting Grounds, made by the creator of the first Clock Tower games. It'll be point'n'click survival horror on a cruise ship, we know the main antagonist is named the Scissor Walker, we know that there is a number of horror talent on board, including the creature designer and lead art designer of Silent Hill 2, the director of the Ju-On films and Marebito, and other unannounced talent. The project is low budget, funded by the pockets of the creator of Clock Tower, who wanted to make a horror game like this and had been saving up for years to make it, which is now finally in production.

If the Kickstarter fails and it doesn't come to PC, I don't even know how devastated I'll be. Here's Polygon's on-hands experience with it and the director talking about the PC Kickstarter: http://www.polygon.com/a/life-in-japan/Night-Cry-Clock-Tower-PC

Well then... let's not let them down, PC gamers!

Games:

ModBot said:
Warning Hidden Object Games Below!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Doctor Who: The Adventure Games -- MB-97316E5267FB017F - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Evil Pumpkin: The Lost Halloween -- MB-0EC461CE460C216D - Taken by Deques
Tribloos 2 -- MB-8C9C1C27BF68B73B - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Paranormal State: Poison Spring -- MB-3594BCFFD01127B8 - Taken by autoduelist

Dusk Golem

Well then... let's not let them down, PC gamers!

Yup, Ito (art director and creature designer of Silent Hill) has been tweeting about it a lot, surprised he's working on another game. In an interview, he did a quick 15 minute sketch of the Scissor Walker, who's one of the and main antagonist of the game.

porj.jpg

While there's mixed reaction to this, the director of Ju-On did a quick live-action teaser skit for NightCry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdrdMAGVAMY

KenOD

1c1506a2073534e69e8df11abf5fe927fd3b3266.jpg

The most satisfying achievement I've earned yet on Steam. Beating You Have To Win The Game with only one life may not be the hardest one I've ever gotten, but it is one of the most challenging and rewarding in the "you've mastered the game and know exactly what to do" sense for me.

Knurek

It's the same coverage as 4xMSAA at the cost of 2xMSAA. IIRC.

It's more exciting that DX10/11 games that didn't previously have MSAA support or supported it poorly now might have a better option.

Pity it's not supported by DX9 games. Would be a godsend there (although, I guess Maxwell cards can pretty much MSAAx8 everything that was made with DX9 in mind).

NVidia keeps saying it's a Maxwell exclusive feature, yet I can't help but notice that they only mention 9xx cards. Is 750/750 TI not Maxwell anymore? o_O

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
The GAF topic reports it happening on Samsung memories AND on 980's. Faulty benchmark or the problem is there across the board.

Now that would be some fireworks.

Really expensive fireworks.

But then again, I'm used to Nvidia problems by now. My old card would lock on to 2D clocks at the random which would require a system restart. It was a well-known bug for the 2xx to 4xx line and it never got fixed despite being around for years.

def sim

The GAF topic reports it happening on Samsung memories AND on 980's. Faulty benchmark or the problem is there across the board.

Yeah, I posted my 980 results on there. I think it's likely the former. Stuttering hasn't been an issue for me even when downsampling.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I posted this just before:

That benchmark is not useful at all. It's using code ripped from nvidia's cuda concurrent bandwidth test.

The latter doesn't necessarily confirm the former. Part of the bandwidth test is testing device-to-device bandwidth (i.e. moving data within the GPU itself as the test only supports one GPU) -- that's exactly what people should be testing for and presumably what this custom benchmark is doing. I'd say the program is fine and 980 folks (and those with other cards, like myself and my two 670s) are seeing stark drop-offs at the very end because of OS overhead, whereas the 970s seem to be invariably affected a few chunks earlier.

980s are fine; 970s not so much.

def sim

I posted this just before:

980s are fine; 970s not so much.

Ah right, the overhead from the OS would explain the similar drop off between 980 benchmarks posted and yours. Dang, it really is too bad about the 970s and it's unacceptable for the product to even reach retail at its current state.

JaseC

Ah right, the overhead from the OS would explain the similar drop off between 980 benchmarks posted and yours. Dang, it really is too bad about the 970s and it's unacceptable for the product to even reach retail at its current state.

I'm a little glad I didn't have the means to buy one (or two) now, assuming the issue is indeed hardware-related. I say "a little" as if Nvidia offers a free upgrade to a 980 as compensation then I'll be cursing my luck, haha.

def sim

I'm a little glad I didn't have the means to buy one (or two) now, assuming the issue is indeed hardware-related. I say "a little" as if Nvidia offers a free upgrade to a 980 as compensation then I'll be cursing my luck, haha.

A free upgrade to a 980 would probably be the best solution, assuming it's a hardware issue, though I'll be more than a little jealous if people luck their way onto one. It's nearly twice the price lol

JaseC

A free upgrade to a 980 would probably be the best solution, assuming it's a hardware issue, though I'll be more than a little jealous if people luck their way onto one. It's nearly twice the price lol

Yeah, the only alternative would be to offer refunds, which would be even more expensive.

Coldsun

Banned
Yeah, the only alternative would be to offer refunds, which would be even more expensive.

So hypothetically, how would they go about sending 980 replacements would you imagine? I mean it's going to be a logistical nightmare. With so many manufacturers and sellers, ugh.
But hey, if they manage to find a way, I won't turn down 3 980s :D

1c1506a2073534e69e8df11abf5fe927fd3b3266.jpg

The most satisfying achievement I've earned yet on Steam. Beating You Have To Win The Game with only one life may not be the hardest one I've ever gotten, but it is one of the most challenging and rewarding in the "you've mastered the game and know exactly what to do" sense for me.

Totally agree, one of my proudest achievements. The game is short enough so that failed attempts never really get frustrating but still makes you super nervous when you get far in a run. I really should play the sequel and see if it holds up.

JaseC

So hypothetically, how would they go about sending 980 replacements would you imagine? I mean it's going to be a logistical nightmare. With so many manufacturers and sellers, ugh.
But hey, if they manage to find a way, I won't turn down 3 980s :D

Gather a list of the serials used on 970s manufactured before x date and put together a claim website, I suppose. I imagine people would be waiting quite a while, though (probably a few months in some cases).

Because of the plenty threads sowing up in Discussion, I decided to start Deadly Premonition. It is quite possibly the dumbest game I've played. Although it is theoretically impossible to listen to Life is Beautiful with anything less than a smile on the face.

Also hey everybody! I havent been around here in some time

Milamber

Because of the plenty threads sowing up in Discussion, I decided to start Deadly Premonition. It is quite possibly the dumbest game I've played. Although it is theoretically impossible to listen to Life is Beautiful with anything less than a smile on the face.

Oh Bubba. Did you finally graduate with a masters in Yoga?

SHUT YOUR MOUTH DEADLY PREMONITION IS NOT DUMB IT'S VERY VERY SMART :mad:

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Vd1j7n6.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-4373F0414694F9BF - Taken by KainXVIII

KenOD

Oh, I stopped going to the iOS thread because I couldn't fit any more games on my device and here I end up getting another because of the Steam thread.

Poutine, Bayonetta 2, now Hero Emblems. I'm so weak. Okay Happy in eating and gaming at home or on the go, but still.

Arthea

Holy fuck, this needs to be on Steam
http://www.heatpotgames.com/uploads/2/1/3/8/21382488/_2834907_orig.gif[/IMG
[IMG]http://www.heatpotgames.com/uploads/2/1/3/8/21382488/_6936838_orig.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

agreed!

this too!
[QUOTE][IMG]http://i.minus.com/iqJfwP5HHQIZW.jpg
it's not even available eu region at all (._.)

derExperte

Wait, didn't the 660 have the exact same problem? Last 512MB were slower afair.

Also according to a benchmark in the thread the 980 seems to be affected too.

Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris has a special promotion 50% off until the end of the month

Slitherine's games are pretty easy to get into with a lot of modern features (compared to some wargaming peers) and this is a goodie if you're a fan of classic hex-and-chit play.

868-HACK has their page up on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/274700

Not sure what they have implemented beyond the iOS release but the game is excellent if you like fast playing roguelites.

Already entered in the morning but didnt win it. Entered again and also didnt win, so maybe I am on some blocklist lol

huh that's funny that you mention that. There's a game in that batch that I tried to win last time (it went unclaimed) and is now up for grabs again and yet nobody can seem to win it.

Probably on a blocklist, too :O

Ozium

Chapter 2 in Silence of the Sleep is probably the crappiest thing I've played in a while. Really, I'm stucked here from yesterday, and not because of the puzzles, but because there's this fucking monster spawning randomly and insta-killing you.

are you sure you are not missing something?

edit: Chairman Chuck I am also unable to enter the doorways.... hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom