• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Tine & Big -- MB-C40316309FF170AD - Taken by 420 Blaze It

Have fun.

And forgot this one:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

BoxshotBattleplan: American Civil War -- MB-73E2A824678D897B - Taken by Purkake4

Ozium

Played like 6 hours of SR4 yesterday and probably do the same today... I wanted to do the main story and then start up Gat Out of Hell but I keep doing these damn side missions lol...

edit: Project Night is out on Steam and got my key from lazyguys, I believe it might have been in other bundles... it's a 3rd person survival horror, so will wait for dusk golem's opinion

Deitus

Oh god, that Waifu thread in OT. "We should ban the word Waifu because people say inappropriate things about attractive females". How does that even make sense?

Ozium

Crypt of the Necrodancer got cards..

in other news Steam GOTY awards have been cancelled
where are the STEAM GOTy AWARDS?!?!

MUnited83

For you.
I don't know about the models available in the game, but a lot of trucks have a divided windshield. It's probably one of the few games where a line down the middle of the front of your view blends in.

All of the tractor trailers I've ever seen have a windshield made up of two pieces of glass.

truck1.jpg
guys... This game is Euro Truck Simulator, not American truck simulator ;)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Who is the GAF dude that owns a website with videogame reviews that posts here, in the Steam thread?

I always wanted to read his reviews, but I never found out what is his site.

HoosTrax

guys... This game is Euro Truck Simulator, not American truck simulator ;)
Point take :). Just meant that I personally wouldn't immediately think of a bezel in the middle of the windshield as seeming out of place.

Speaking of which, looking forward to the 'Murica, Truck Yeah!" edition of the game. Think it was originally slated to come out next month, but it's probably slipped by now, given the lack of an Early Access page.

zkylon

zkylewd
ah ok. its 33% through atm. any other mods i should know about, shit that adds monsters/weapons/quests or I'm good with complete?

not that i know of

complete mod is as its name says, it has like a billion modules with everything you'll want, from textures to sound to lighting to ai to drivable vehicles

That's what I said every time I played League.
why do you draw me in, baby, only to push me away

That's been gone for a while now. You're on GAF after all.
iO3zUWLduQWxM.gif

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
I am giving away 48 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Alchemy Mysteries Prague Legends -- MB-DD9FDE7B7873BA00 - Taken by Lomax. 3 entrants total.
Heroes and Legends Conquerors Of Kolhar -- MB-DA521BDA00F4F360 - Taken by tebunker. 3 entrants total.
Cubesis -- MB-B53102F13ED923A0 - Taken by Kifimbo. 10 entrants total.
Battleplan American Civil War -- MB-F2E487F97FD77176 - Taken by factorone. 1 entrants total.
World War 2 Time of Wrath -- MB-195805FF2A7BCB00 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Super Killer Hornet Resurrection -- MB-4418D646A0E78B72 - Taken by NihonTiger90. 1 entrants total.

Slave Zero -- MB-D6366F54BC23A0A3 - Taken by Jawmuncher. 5 entrants total.
Words for Evil -- MB-9AE07B4F8110228C - Taken by Madn. 8 entrants total.
Elements Soul of Fire -- MB-C81AF65803079A5F - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 2 entrants total.
The UnderGarden -- MB-B317B0FBFA4EC2C6 - Taken by The Reloader. 2 entrants total.
The Few -- MB-987BA9ABAC7992B5 - Taken by Abomination. 2 entrants total.
The Campaign Series Fall Weiss #2 -- MB-251A0CA9950DDDAA - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.
Strategic War in Europe #2 -- MB-923B4993C85D7271 - Taken by nja. 2 entrants total.
Rhiannon Curse of the Four Branches -- MB-4E48F5241304613B - Taken by skullmuffins. 2 entrants total.

Shadows Price For Our Sins -- MB-400EBBE4B1E53E9B - Taken by skullmuffins. 5 entrants total.
Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender Bender -- MB-21943F6501746B0D - Taken by Sammichu. 2 entrants total.
Space Warp -- MB-F84AB261DA10395F - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.
House of 1,000 Doors Family Secrets -- MB-F852AE8A9641A14B
Shadow Ops Red Mercury -- MB-A40FB9B5143221CA - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
Skyborn -- MB-CA9C8B11D2236BD2 - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
Ionball 2 Ionstorm -- MB-0C3853AA973EE9AD - Taken by Conrad Link. 4 entrants total.
Onikira Demon Killer -- MB-0181127695164FFE - Taken by fspm. 9 entrants total.
Tribloos 2 -- MB-109957CB261CA53A - Taken by sensoft04. 2 entrants total.
Dead Bits -- MB-36E9492D055405CB
BloodNet -- MB-8E92094D4283F2B5 - Taken by KainXVIII. 2 entrants total.
Metal Dead -- MB-97A6DFD96C151F95 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 6 entrants total.
Depth Hunter 2 Deep Dive -- MB-5140DA62A5A46051 - Taken by Chreznor. 1 entrants total.
Strategic War in Europe -- MB-1C9A3E48AF59D537 - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Miner Wars Arena -- MB-CF1C50C113290930 - Taken by Eila. 3 entrants total.

The Culling of the Cows -- MB-2C213F894DA8EAEA - Taken by Loptous. 3 entrants total.
Metal Planet -- MB-A922D9C70716AC8C - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
The Last Door The Collectors Edition -- MB-4A52A7195CC395BF - Taken by Natty1. 4 entrants total.
World War 2 Time of Wrath #2 -- MB-F7AD9CB3D6C4FF71 - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
1953 NATO vs Warsaw Pact -- MB-0C65EBAA4A35415F - Taken by Kurt Russell. 1 entrants total.
Storm over the Pacific -- MB-E7E895CD0EDB7673 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 4 entrants total.

Song of the Myrne What Lies Beneath on Steam -- MB-025732B8DC18D65D - Taken by titch. 5 entrants total.
Doctor Who The Adventure Games -- MB-8F1976CAE85729C5 - Taken by Driw3r. 3 entrants total.
SWEET LILY DREAMS -- MB-9C9F032281EB9CC4 - Taken by data. 1 entrants total.
Storm over the Pacific #2 -- MB-F3F8C5581802DFAE - Taken by Belgarion
Doorways Chapters 1 & 2 -- MB-1E782235A9038C5F
Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle -- MB-EC30E4694E67ADFD - Taken by gaiadyne. 4 entrants total.
Dungeon of Elements -- MB-75AEADE1E7BC502D - Taken by Sarcasm. 2 entrants total.
A.I.M. 2 Clan Wars -- MB-9A4E52E895F558E0 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 2 entrants total.
Tiny & Big Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-1D30F6D0D9127522 - Taken by lindarasta. 3 entrants total.
Paranormal State Poison Spring -- MB-6ED516EF87B7FE8E - Taken by skullmuffins. 2 entrants total.
Real Warfare 1242 -- MB-6184C733EEDE87B6 - Taken by Haunted. 1 entrants total.
The Campaign Series Fall Weiss -- MB-7B4AB1C9269855E5 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Legions of Ashworld -- MB-B2F87A61F3B62091 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 5 entrants total.

t1421978264z1.png

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
header.jpg

Project Night just came out? Oh my! I played an alpha of this game like, two years ago, it was pretty interesting back then. Let's see how the final game holds up. It's one of those games completely made by one person slowly over a few years.
'
When I played it's alpha two years ago, it has a bit of a mix-up between well done and meh-ish elements. The controls were a bit weird but accustomed to them, and the game had a number of interesting moments in the two locations playable back then. It had some good audio design, atmosphere, puzzles, and exploration, though the enemies were kind of badly animated back then.

Let's see how the final product is.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
header.jpg

Project Night just came out? Oh my! I played an alpha of this game like, two years ago, it was pretty interesting back then. Let's see how the final game holds up. It's one of those games completely made by one person slowly over a few years.
'
When I played it's alpha two years ago, it has a bit of a mix-up between well done and meh-ish elements. The controls were a bit weird but accustomed to them, and the game had a number of interesting moments in the two locations playable back then. It had some good audio design, atmosphere, puzzles, and exploration, though the enemies were kind of badly animated back then.

Let's see how the final product is.
Mr Sterling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ltDgd3dbcQ

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

whats the deal with Football Manager 2015 being so popular?!

Recently got some good deals in Brazil and Russia, it's still Football Manager and thus always popular, and with 2015 they added Twitch TV support.

Football, Association Football, is still the world's most popular sport and a lot of people do wish they could manage their own team, set players do as they want, and Football Manager has always been the king in this specific genre. If one is really into it, it's really quite addictive. There are people who will only play this one game, but they will play it for a 100 hours.

zkylon

zkylewd
i really can't imagine myself paying for a multiplayer game ever again. maybe if it's like 5 bucks but other than that why bother

does tribes still exist?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I just imagine how much I'd play the shit out of that if it actually was the correct football. And extrapolate that given how stupidly popular soccer.

Ever since I got addicted to FM2012 when my 460 GTX burned up, I've been hoping to one day have an NFL edition I can sink into. I honestly know nothing about footie teams, but I don't think I'd have anything else loaded on my computer if I could play the exact same things but with NFL teams.

...Mostly, I just want to live the dream that the Washington Redskins will stop sucking before I expire from the Earth.

derExperte

Woah, not that it's relevant for us anymore but Ubisoft increased prices in Russia by a lot. Crew, Unity and FC4 are now at 1799rub from afair 1299 before.

zkylon

zkylewd
to be fair i'm not much of a shooter or multiplayer fan but as someone that's had lots of fun with like call of duty multiplayer in the past, i can't imagine myself wanting to pay like more than 5 bucks for that when i'm never gonna commit enough time to it since they just release a new one every year and i also have to spend a bunch of money on map packs or whatever.

i'd rather just sneak a game of two of blacklight retribution, which plays kind of the same and is free and i can get a cool gun for two games with the random in-game money i get from playing, rather than having to grind for months

People are still out there playing Tribes 2. If you want to join in, and it is free, http://www.tribesnext.com
i was more curious than anything

i played that f2p one for a bit, realized i was terribad at it and never again. iirc i was kind of impressed with the price model cos they had like a decently priced "buy everything forever" option

the kind i would love to buy if it existed for league of legends lol (and never will)

to be fair i'm not much of a shooter or multiplayer fan but as someone that's had lots of fun with like call of duty multiplayer in the past, i can't imagine myself wanting to pay like more than 5 bucks for that when i'm never gonna commit enough time to it since they just release a new one every year and i also have to spend a bunch of money on map packs or whatever.

i'd rather just sneak a game of two of blacklight retribution, which plays kind of the same and is free and i can get a cool gun for two games with the random in-game money i get from playing, rather than having to grind for months

i was more curious than anything

i played that f2p one for a bit, realized i was terribad at it and never again. iirc i was kind of impressed with the price model cos they had like a decently priced "buy everything forever" option which i would love for league of legends lol

For people like you, Team Fortress 2 exists.

And Tribes: Ascend's developer is a scummy horror, so don't ever worry about their games.

MUnited83

For you.
Woah, not that it's relevant for us anymore but Ubisoft increased prices in Russia by a lot. Crew, Unity and FC4 are now at 1799rub from afair 1299 before.

Damn. They had already done that with their cheaper games (Valiant Hearts, Child of Light) which are actually more expensive than the US price. But it's surprising to see their bigger games getting more expensive by that much.

derExperte

Among Ripples is free:

In Among Ripples you are presented to a soothing and meditative experience where you can experiment at your leisure. As the caretaker of a small pond you decide which creatures should be introduced into the ecosystem, and what species will thrive. Study the creatures you introduce and learn more about them in order to shape a pond that you find sustainable. This game is a short but sweet experience where you get the opportunity to relax and think about the balance in nature.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Damn. They had already done that with their cheaper games (Valiant Hearts, Child of Light) which are actually more expensive than the US price. But it's surprising to see their bigger games getting more expensive by that much.

ubi gonna ubi

Ever since I got addicted to FM2012 when my 460 GTX burned up, I've been hoping to one day have an NFL edition I can sink into. I honestly know nothing about footie teams, but I don't think I'd have anything else loaded on my computer if I could play the exact same things but with NFL teams.

...Mostly, I just want to live the dream that the Washington Redskins will stop sucking before I expire from the Earth.

The things I would do to get an NFL version of Football Manager or Out of the Park Baseball on Steam.

Hell, the things I would do to get Madden on Steam...

Arthea

there is nothing better than go fishing after the work while being a cat with a hat. Yea, I'll talk like that now.

meanwhile in Alphadia Genesis, I genuinely thought that I'm at the end... I fell for that trick again, my supposedly second last dungeon is forth last or fifth, still not sure which (><)
The ending shaping kinda weird, not sure in a good way or bad, will keep you updated.

zkylon

zkylewd
For people like you, Team Fortress 2 exists.
i just can't find myself enjoying it with the mess of weird weapons

i'm guessing it's fun for someone else, but the simplicity of tf2 and it's lack of unlocking shit were some of the things i liked most about it and now that both of those are gone (to some degree), it just turns me off

And Tribes: Ascend's developer is a scummy horror, so don't ever worry about their games.

what do you mean scummy horror?

I just imagine how much I'd play the shit out of that if it actually was the correct football. And extrapolate that given how stupidly popular soccer.

I laughed.

But seriously, FM has always been a super popular series, and one I'm completely addicted to. It's a very deep and brilliant game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom