• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

xBladeM6x

thanks

stockingsai7u6q.gif

That shit is frightening enough to be a Payday 2 mask.

Borderlands 2 is alright. I've kinda been slowly playing through it, but definitely not something that grabs my attention for more than an hour or so at a time. I do like my engineer though.

Man, nothing worse than being bored on a Friday night
its a game that benefits a lot from playing with friends. It feels really boring playing it alone.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
i just watched snowpiercer

wow was that ending disappointing or what

why didn't anyone warn me T_T

Yeah, the ending is probably the weakest part of the movie.

It could have been worse, though. They apparently wanted to force the director to make it happier.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
i just watched snowpiercer

wow was that ending disappointing or what

why didn't anyone warn me T_T

I tried... in about 3 or 4 threads back.

I enjoyed Snowpiercer. Not perfect though.

I just tried Jet Gunner and it seems to run at half speed for some reason.
I have turned V-Sync off in the options, but it's back on every time I go back into the option menu. Huh?

FLD

Random question: earlier tonight I listed something like a hundred cards on the Steam marketplace. Within an hour, I received three friends requests from suspiciously similar usernames with private profiles. Was that most likely related to my market activity or just a weird coincidence?

Backlogger

Random question: earlier tonight I listed something like a hundred cards on the Steam marketplace. Within an hour, I received three friends requests from suspiciously similar usernames with private profiles. Was that most likely related to my market activity or just a weird coincidence?

Market activity. Same thing happens to me all the time

zkylon

zkylewd
it's specially sad cos i thought memories of murder and the host were both really good movies

this one seems like it fell apart at some point, like the script got heavily edited or they just ran out of ideas and ended up with that convoluted mess of a pointless ending

it was definitely an experience
Yeah, the ending is probably the weakest part of the movie.

It could have been worse, though. They apparently wanted to force the director to make it happier.
i liked it up until it gets super dumb. wasn't really thinking it was high brow or anything by the time i got to the ending but i'm really confused at what the message is supposed to be?

When they find out how those protein bar things are made...so gross
it's not spiders at least :p

I thought you would be used to disappointment by now.
i have a thing for getting my heart broken :>

I warned everyone that it was a vapid, worthless piece of shit and not worth your time or money, but nobody ever reads my posts =p
I tried... in about 3 or 4 threads back.
well you two failed, you failures -__-

zkylon

zkylewd
how grindy is ys

i'm tired of getting killed but i haven't done any grinding whatsoever (and don't intend to)

At first I thought you meant the terrible one with Saoirse
i tried forcing myself into watching saoirse movies but i'm on asian craze

i'm gonna go watch the hobbit 3 next week but i promised myself i'd watch nanking nanking so at least i'd watch one thing that isn't garbage in the whole week

You, and me both.
i'm easy to bruise but quick to heal!

_hekk05

Banned
how grindy is ys

i'm tired of getting killed but i haven't done any grinding whatsoever (and don't intend to)

You can get past ys without grinding anything. I mostly kill the enemies til I fill up their information (that's a requirement for an achievement) and then I move on. You can beat every single boss as long as you git gud enough (even the ones that are story impossible, though those need a helluva grinding if you want a better life)

Nabs

how grindy is ys

It's not the classic shitty grind, but there's a grind there if you want to remain sane. The game just expects you to be at a certain level when you complete a dungeon/hit a boss. Just pay attention to your xp gain, if you're getting good chunks of xp per kill, you'll probably want to level up one more time before facing a boss.

All I'm trying to say is that each level is important. That also includes weapon upgrades.

Milamber

Ah, the grind games. I actually like them. That is why I play ETS2 a lot. I get a lot of my podcasts caught up this way. I also listen to random anonymous anime radio stations which lead me to awesome music like this or this.

EDIT: Or this.

EDIT: Or even this.

zkylon

zkylewd
so far (i'm on second part of the mines) bosses haven't been too bad. all of them took a few tries but nothing too frustrating

it's more the dungeons that annoy me because the regular enemies are super boring so i tend to mash a lot or just skip them altogether and then suddenly i got killed because i barely pay attention to them and i take like 30 damage per hit (out of maybe 170?)

i'm not a big fan of the game, doesn't seem to be my genre at all

Nabs

You shouldn't force yourself to play something you're not enjoying. I'm sure you have plenty more to choose from.

Knurek

42 games to go, just 42 games to go...

I really wonder whether I should stick with Umineko (which is draining), or just stick to a few short action games. Haven't held a gamepad in a long time. :\

Tizoc

so far (i'm on second part of the mines) bosses haven't been too bad. all of them took a few tries but nothing too frustrating

it's more the dungeons that annoy me because the regular enemies are super boring so i tend to mash a lot or just skip them altogether and then suddenly i got killed because i barely pay attention to them and i take like 30 damage per hit (out of maybe 170?)

i'm not a big fan of the game, doesn't seem to be my genre at all

A shame, but really to me the combat with the mashing just reminds me of Hokuto no Ken :p

_hekk05

Banned
Ah, the grind games. I actually like them. That is why I play ETS2 a lot. I get a lot of my podcasts caught up this way. I also listen to random anonymous anime radio stations which lead me to awesome music like this or this.

EDIT: Or this.

EDIT: Or even this.

Good lord Milamber. You need some better music in your life

This is coming from a guy who only listens to OSTs

zkylon

zkylewd
You shouldn't force yourself to play something you're not enjoying. I'm sure you have plenty more to choose from.
i might, i was trying to give it another shot but it's really not doing much for me

not my type of game i guess

i'm also trying out this gat out of hell thing and it's not bad but certainly doesn't go too far to hide its budgetness. like not two cutscenes in and you just get a fat list of shit to do, and that's the game. i really don't care much for the laundry list open world design thing, but i 100%'d sr3 and sr4 so i guess volition kind of knows how to make it easy to swallow, at least for me.

i sort of love the premise, it's the kind of ridiculous i really like, and i really love the idea of playing another character (kinzie in my case cos she's like the only funny character in the series) and saving the boss. that's really fun. i wish there was at least some difference in how kinzie works compared to the boss, at least some different animations or something. same tackle attack moves thingies, same idle poses, etc.

this does kind of make me excited for a possible sr5 or saints row reboot or whatever. the first cutscene with the trolling ouija board was hilarious and i just want a more focused game that's just a vehicle for that kind of dumb humor.

as long as it's not a telltale presents: tales of stillport or whatever

Thanks for the amazing gift in the morning, Attraveller /o/
knowing prey gift screenshots, i wonder what you left out of that crop

zkylon

zkylewd
wait did they seriously remove the jill sandwich line in the remake

wtf capcpom

also tried to find pictures of the remake spiders to see how bad they would be. NOPE.gif

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
wait did they seriously remove the jill sandwich line in the remake

wtf capcpom

also tried to find pictures of the remake spiders to see how bad they would be. NOPE.gif

Well they didn't exactly removed it. They redid everything including the VA and script, but I expect a mod to put it back in it at some point though.

Javier23

Banned
i liked it up until it gets super dumb. wasn't really thinking it was high brow or anything by the time i got to the ending but i'm really confused at what the message is supposed to be?
Spoilers obv:
I watched the movie on a flight this summer and I wasn't even paying much attention, so I may not be remembering right, but at the very end they realise life outside the train had been a possibility all along, right? It is a very simple political metaphor, just like the whole movie. Whether you agree with it or not is entirely a different thing. What we see at the end if I recall correctly is that the third class passengers make it to the front and are offered the chance to stay there while they are replaced in the tail and things go on as usual, right? It is the classical Marxist base-superstructure theory, where you have all sorts of revolutions across history with people at the base replacing those in positions of power, only to have history repeat itself. By blowing up the train and realising there is life outside, the writer is basically saying that there is in fact, an alternative, and that we shouldn't believe conforming to society (and its often unfair rules) as it has existed for all of human history in one form of organization or another is the only mean of survival, that there are alternatives. That change and starting all over are real possibilities despite what those at the top may say. All of it is debatable, but the movie never really meant to be a political manifesto in the first place.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Aw, I didn't see anyone else say they wanted it so I backed out to get to work right away on the Night Cry thread.

Oh well, whichever one they want to use is fine I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom