• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

autoduelist

If it's Hexcells related :D
Infinite seems a lot easier than Plus. In only two hours I perfected all levels, but five. And the generated levels seem to be even easier.

Infinite is significantly harder than Plus in my opinion. I mean, sure, the early levels are all easy in all of them... the first never gets hard, Plus has one hard level (second to last iirc) and infinite has several quite difficult ones.

Ozium

congrats bosstones.

I just beat SR4.. it is good, a lot better than 3 and I thought 3 was a blast... I also beat Enter the Dominatrix, which was OK...

will probably save the xmas one for dec 2015

if SR5 doesn't have super powers then who cares... will probably start up gat out of hell tomorrow or the next day

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't think i've ever spent so much time fixing a single avatar

these ears don't take care of themselves -__-

congrats bosstones.

I just beat SR4.. it is good, a lot better than 3 and I thought 3 was a blast... I also beat Enter the Dominatrix, which was OK...

will probably save the xmas one for dec 2015

if SR5 doesn't have super powers then who cares... will probably start up gat out of hell tomorrow or the next day
the one thing i want sr5 to have is more than one (1) color

and like 5x the customization options

Momentary

Banned

Ok, had one go with Super Galaxy Squadron "getting" to the fourth boss.

I don't get it... it says "it's not a bullet hell" but there are hundreds of enemy bullets on screen. ???

My experience wasn't positive at all... I wasn't having fun and finally during the fourth stage my ship exploded but gfx bugs occurred and then the game didn't stop - had to alt+f4 to force quit...

Cons:

- Played with xinput pad and the player ships move just with the analogue stick - no digital control except for playing with keyobard (or mapping via joy 2 key). :/
- The framerate is not smooth at all
- Enemies and bosses patterns /attacks aren't very interesting
- Mostly everything on screen is a bullets sponge
- Player ship upgrades are very mitigated
- Player special weapon almost unuseful
- Music is potentially annoying (maybe I'm not "feeling it" now...)
- Bugs and overlooks, it seems a very very rushed project, not polished at all

Pros:
- I liked the gfx even if its quality is a bit inconsistent and there are a few bugs (ie starfield over objects and not below)
- There are several ships / game modes which should be theoretically interesting
- Child's Play Charity

I'll play it again and in the case it was just a bad first impression I let you know... meanwhile I hope they'll fix the bugs and the analogue-only control type :/

Anyone else played it?

I had the same experience with the game not actually freezing, but not restarting the stage.

I played through the entire game with the Teal ship and found the game to be decent overall. It was a better experience than the mind numbing Redux: Dark Matters. As for the developers saying that this wasn't a bullet hell, that is complete bullshit. Some of the later bosses had ridiculous bullet spreads. It wasn't as outrageous as some of the other Bullethells out that, but there was enough to label it as one.

The music is another thing that bothered me. I think the game only has 2 or 3 tracks total with a vocal track at the end. Bullet patterns felt fine for me, but I feel like you're ships detection and hit boxes were WAY too small. I know this seems like something silly to mention, but it just detracted from me escaping masses of bullets.

Even with some of its downfall, this is nowhere near the worst Shmup on Steam and I don't really find it to be bad. The power up system has a good amount of upgrade room and maxing out your ship makes you feel pretty empowered. The sprite work is okay, but everything is pretty static and lock a lot of moving parts.

I, for one, don't regret my purchase since I love Shmups and I've played some truly horrible turds on Steam from the genre.

I give this game a positive upvote, but I can see how others could not want to really jump on this game with it taking a deeper discount.

Kuroyume

Banned
A few months back Humble Bundle had a bundle with Insurgency keys. The bundle gave two keys. One that (I presume) could be used once while the other I know could be used upwards of 3 times. The one with three uses had an expiration date. Did the other one have an expiration date too?

Lomax

A few months back Humble Bundle had a bundle with Insurgency keys. The bundle gave two keys. One that (I presume) could be used once while the other I know could be used upwards of 3 times. The one with three uses had an expiration date. Did the other one have an expiration date too?

It shouldn't have, no.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Merry Christmas!
ModBot said:
Instructions for InfiniteNine:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (InfiniteNine, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds -- MB-0ECE7431FF8F23BA - Taken by Corpekata
Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds#2 -- MB-49606CE999769BC6 - Taken by KenOD

Didn't realise you get two copies.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Pressured -- MB-EFDF93741A26A29C - Taken by TheMadMan007
Showtime! -- MB-224635883C292AC2 - Taken by WinterDemons
Inside The Gear #2 -- MB-FA90F0252199221E - Taken by Sch1sm
Z: Steel Soldiers -- MB-E1EF282A23C2E31C - Taken by SeZMehK
Psichodelya #2 -- MB-749A92545FB1A9A6 - Taken by Purkake4
Inside The Gear -- MB-932F2207A528713D - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Robowars -- MB-54469D1909849DF3 - Taken by Chreznor
Pressured #2 -- MB-B55EBE620C106EDA - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Game Tycoon 1.5 -- MB-8EC28DAE0D65FFAC - Taken by fenners
Melissa K. and the Heart of Gold Collector's Edition -- MB-63EB19879175475E - Taken by Akuosa
Last Inua -- MB-2726E0A8B54F830E - Taken by GaussTek
Psichodelya -- MB-A6C2670C5DD4D6D5 - Taken by factorone
Melissa K. and the Heart of Gold Collector's Edition #2 -- MB-5B6002BD5114C871 - Taken by Baha
Game Tycoon 1.5 #2 -- MB-CB5BC57EC9F2B948 - Taken by drakaenae

oipic

All clear, still valid - I just redeemed and activated mine (thanks for the reminder!).

DocSeuss

Just beat Wolfenstein New Order, on Uber difficulty. Final boss is a bit of a slog but overall it was a great time.

As a pure shooter it's probably the best I've played since the original F.E.A.R (not to mention that it undoubtedly has the best shotgun since that game). The gunplay is precise and violent - enemies reacting physically to every individual bullet - and every weapon is enjoyable to use. Another thumbs up goes to the fact that there's no silly weapon limit, and along with the way the perk system works, it gives the player more encouragement to switch things up.

The stealth also feels pretty good. It isn't particularly robust but it does the job; enemy A.I. is competent enough and their vision cones never felt off. Knife takedowns are appropriately brutal and watching enemies just crumple after a clean silenced headshot never really got old.

What the game is really missing is some sort of Arcade mode just to go around blasting enemies. The guns feel great, and I just want to kill stuff in various challenges with no interference.

Characterization is solid as well. BJ is finely drawn. I think they did about as well as you could to give a gruff, lantern-jawed action hero who butchers scores of people some level of introspection and self-awareness.

Final boss should go down crazy easy if you stunned him in the first phase with your fully-upgraded regenerating zappy gun and if you then proceeded to kill him with your fully-upgraded dual rocket launchers in the second phase.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I woke up to see I missed Phantom Breaker giveaways...

a62e8f7b9ce8295c72e667c6c523f159.jpg

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
well so phantom breaker doesnt have online play, achievements or resolution options so i guess i will wait before getting it

Complain in the forums since the publisher needs feedback to forward to MAGES/5pb. Talking with the publisher on Twitch pretty much let it on they'll only be swayed by feedback.

I greatly look forward to it, then. I know it is a silly thing to get hung up on, but I guess I'm just so used to knowing that Footie Manager is a fairly complete package in terms of team details that I'm kinda sad with the state of the NFL game licencing.
Nah I can understand that. Sadly, it probably deters a lot of 'casual' buyers if they see that the game doesn't have the official names/licenses/logos as they wouldn't know about the mod scene.

I honestly would prefer that they spend that extra money on developing a better game but it likely comes at the cost of losing potential consumers.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
well so phantom breaker doesnt have online play, achievements or resolution options so i guess i will wait before getting it

They have said before apparently that the game lacked online play because they were unable to get the netcode to a bug-free, shippable state. Rather than delaying further or disappointing fans with a less than stellar online experience, they opted to cut it out entirely for launch. So be sure to speak up and let them know you want them to keep going after online.

I know I'd love to see it, local multiplayer only games are... quite useless to me.

Kuroyume

Banned
It shouldn't have, no.

All clear, still valid - I just redeemed and activated mine (thanks for the reminder!).

thanks

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Millennium 5 - The Battle of the Millennium -- MB-DDCC1E6F264503B5 - Taken by Teppic. 2 entrants total.
Sinking Island -- MB-A1DA7B826D9C319D - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
Majestic Nights - Chapter 1 -- MB-9A4DFDEEF5E599C1 - Taken by agniswarm. 1 entrants total.
Insurgency -- MB-CEB7BC198EFB8AD1 - Taken by Videospel. 2 entrants total.
Star Nomad -- MB-779C365BC04187EB - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.
Tex Murphy: Martian Memorandum -- MB-0661F8F66F495A6C - Taken by Abomination. 3 entrants total.

t1422067609z1.png

stockingsai7u6q.gif

Vazra

Appeared almost as quickly as the game did~

And that's nice cause it will make more users in here take a look for the game and perhaps help on the sales. Considering it's a small title that little push helps it like some indie games out there that gaf sometimes likes to giveaway.

The game needs online patch ASAP tho. LOL

Loving the influx of Japanese themed/styled games on Steam. And I really hope we get a new batch of FF games coming to Steam soon. Looking at you FFX/X2. And 12. And Lightning Returns.

Now who do I have to bribe to get Xenoblade and Xenosaga?

Jawmuncher

Loving the influx of Japanese themed/styled games on Steam. And I really hope we get a new batch of FF games coming to Steam soon. Looking at you FFX/X2. And 12. And Lightning Returns.

Now who do I have to bribe to get Xenoblade and Xenosaga?

Buy Nintendo for Xenoblade
Hope to god Namco is doing a HD port of Xenosaga that will come to the PC as well.

I still think some of the japanese doujin/indie games are a bit overpriced. I mean we got FF13/13-2 for about 12€. Elminage Gothic for 10$. Neptunia Rebirth will be just 15$.

I am not saying they are not worth the money. Just in comparison to some other titles it feels a bit off.

Vazra

I still think some of the japanese doujin/indie games are a bit overpriced. I mean we got FF13/13-2 for about 12€. Elminage Gothic for 10$. Neptunia Rebirth will be just 15$.

I am not saying they are not worth the money. Just in comparison to some other titles it feels a bit off.

Pricing might be off for some but its better to get them than not getting any at all. Progress is being made comparing it to previous years and people are showing there is demand for the games. Hopefully they learn to price properly in the future but I guess we'll see that happen if they read the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom