• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

I'm picturing the girl in the gif dressed as Tingle. It's not intentional.

Tingle-HD.png

Pricing might be off for some but its better to get them than not getting any at all. Progress is being made comparing it to previous years and people are showing there is demand for the games. Hopefully they learn to price properly in the future but I guess we'll see that happen if they read the feedback.

Yeah. I really dont mean to say they are expensive. They just look kinda expensive when you compare them to other (bigger and longer) japanese games on Steam.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (CheesecakeRecipe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds -- MB-175DB919F3AB9FA7 - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 18 entrants total.

t1422070549z1.png

Get it while it's hot~

I said that those games I bought on the Anime Weekend would last me till the Autumn Sale but Phantom Breaker and Neptunia are making me waiver. T_T

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lashman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Kraven Manor -- MB-3EE88CB0AF385448 - Taken by Naked Snake. 1 entrants total.
Albedo: Eyes from Outer Space -- MB-35E239E80C827E09 - Taken by SeZMehK. 1 entrants total.
Alone In The Dark -- MB-E6B22DF38BD8AA61 - Taken by cardinalmind. 2 entrants total.
Real Boxing -- MB-EA6EE8450BCF0440 - Taken by bluechox2. 2 entrants total.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl -- MB-E6B134D669670C46 - Taken by xezuru. 2 entrants total.
Inside The Gear -- MB-E4633C118D4182CE - Taken by electroflame. 2 entrants total.
Robowars -- MB-518E117705200C2B - Taken by NingenJanai. 2 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Game Tycoon 1.5 -- MB-A54C9B90B66D3D8C - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Psichodelya -- MB-47ACA79F3A153356 - Taken by brassica. 1 entrants total.

t1422071269z1.png

fenners

Whoever wins Talisman Digital Edition, be sure to send me a message - I've got DLC codes too that I ain't going to use as I hate the boardgame :) It's a great implementation of it, but the core boardgame is too old school for me.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fenners, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Talisman Digital Edition -- MB-9EDCC24118F5C15B - Taken by darkchewie. 8 entrants total.
Talisman Prologue -- MB-DE206DA2BDADA0C9 - Taken by gaiadyne. 2 entrants total.

t1422156289z1.png

Deitus

Does Nintendo own the license? Damnit. I am sad. Oh well. BRB. Gonna go buy Nintendo.

The license? Nintendo owns Monolith Soft, so there is zero chance of any of their recent games coming to steam. Xenosaga is a possibility if Namco gets their act together though.

Playing some Cat Goes Fishing...

How come there is no menu, how come I cant turn off the music, how come no big fish are respawning after I catch all of them...ahhhhh

autoduelist

That feeling when Modbot teases you with a game that's on your wishlist and listed as untaken but just won't give it to you (robowars).

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Damn, I'm getting ads in this thread for World of Warcraft from that banned key reseller that was discussed earlier.

How does a game earn a pile of poo on modbot? Is that a manual addition in the database?

Yeah, I think it's manual. Only games that are pretty universally terrible are given the tag.

Some impressions from the games I played this week.
Speedrunners - My skills aren't improving on this game. I need to git gud.

Exceed - For some reason, I can't play this on a stable 60fps despite doing all the tweaks said in the community hub. This is a shoot-'em -up so I can't risk dropping frames when so many things are thrown towards me. Backlogged for now.

Pool Nation - despite coming from a country known for its pool / billiards players, I don't know how to play it. This game sure looks good though.

Civ 5 complete - Play as Britannia, almost got murdered by a tag-team of Spain and Sweden. Won through a diplomatic victory with only London left in my realm. What a bittersweet victory.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Hopefully work clears up so I can deal with horror game while daylight is still up, or I'll go straight to the point-and-click games while my tail is hidden beneath my legs.

Momentary

Banned
Phantom Breaker is pretty damn fun. The combo system is tight. Love hitting that reset mid air to keep the mayhem going and finishing it with down medium or a forward + Special to ride the lighting before landing.

Now maybe Degica could get their damn mitts on UNIEL... or maybe that would be a better job for H2 Interactive.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I don't, but I fee like I've played all of them after playing 2.

This is how I feel. I remember being very hyped for the original when it was initially revealed and had the more realistic graphic style, at the time I was very much into loot oriented games so FPS + loot was pretty much what I was looking for back then. I put a lot of time into the 360 version with friends before I rejoined PC gaming, and picked up BL2 at launch for PC.

I don't know what it was about 2 but... I just cannot see myself playing another game in the franchise again. It gave me all I could take, for better or worse. I didn't hate my time with either game and I think I've just grown tired of the lootgame formula, but I'm pretty much done with Borderlands.

I just like to tease.

Backlogger

Borderlands 2 is alright. I've kinda been slowly playing through it, but definitely not something that grabs my attention for more than an hour or so at a time. I do like my engineer though.

Man, nothing worse than being bored on a Friday night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom