• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Spoilers obv:
I watched the movie on a flight this summer and I wasn't even paying much attention, so I may not be remembering right, but at the very end they realise life outside the train had been a possibility all along, right? It is a very simple political metaphor, just like the whole movie. Whether you agree with it or not is entirely a different thing. What we see at the end if I recall correctly is that the third class passengers make it to the front and are offered the chance to stay there while they are replaced in the tail and things go on as usual, right? It is the classical Marxist base-superstructure theory, where you have all sorts of revolutions across history with people at the base replacing those in positions of power, only to have history repeat itself. By blowing up the train and realising there is life outside, the writer is basically saying that there is in fact, an alternative, and that we shouldn't believe conforming to society (and its often unfair rules) as it has existed for all of human history in one form of organization or another is the only mean of survival, that there are alternatives. That change and starting all over are real possibilities despite what those at the top may say. All of it is debatable, but the movie never really meant to be a political manifesto in the first place.
i mean, i would agree with you if
there was any sort of actual indication that life outside the train is actually possible. like, is the polar bear meant to symbolize life? because to me it meant like the opposite, like even if they made it out, the only thing living there is a human-killing animal and the only survivors are two children. the way i saw it, humanity's doomed by the end of the movie.

Dr Dogg

I'm glad I read this thread back to front. Certainly helps when you see countless posts saying 'that gif was freaky'. Speaking of freaky, decided to pick up FF XIII again and look at this...

2048x1152.resizedimage

It's the lesser spotted Smiling Lightning... well smirking really... sort of... well it's the most positive emotion I've seen on her chops anyway.

Lain

Since I was born today, it's only fair I shower you guys in crap:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 68 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Summoner -- MB-599E35271718E962 - Taken by Loptous. 3 entrants total.
99 Spirits -- MB-EB3334CCB14A4F85 - Taken by Sarcasm. 5 entrants total.
Electronic Super Joy -- MB-94FB74F25520A688 - Taken by Naked Snake. 6 entrants total.
To The Moon -- MB-ED678734389B3B70 - Taken by 73V3N. 2 entrants total.
Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-D9AAB931BEB72BBC - Taken by rrvv. 1 entrants total.
140 -- MB-4F514D494331294E - Taken by Blu(e). 2 entrants total.
Super Trench Attack! -- MB-614EF5981733F523 - Taken by Blu(e). 6 entrants total.
ROCKETBIRDS: HARDBOILED CHICKEN -- MB-63404B3B5BC0DF21 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
PixelJunk Eden -- MB-D5B822C25C828DA6 - Taken by pahamrick. 2 entrants total.
Motte Island -- MB-53E820A90BA9F43E - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Sinister City -- MB-47AD425A2600AE90
Richard & Alice -- MB-2DC7C59A461A0683 - Taken by agniswarm. 5 entrants total.
Ludwig -- MB-2AA2E23FBDE8BEA4
World of Goo -- MB-3CA368987FA9118C - Taken by 7Sins. 2 entrants total.
The Escapist -- MB-2083862814FE2612 - Taken by Polishin8r. 3 entrants total.
Doorways: Chapters 1 & 2 -- MB-7BC3B7C14C495D9D - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 2 entrants total.
Not The Robots -- MB-71B1FB2D2C9A86CF - Taken by Ben652. 3 entrants total.
BlackSoul: Extended Edition -- MB-214A54A74894222E - Taken by autoduelist. 1 entrants total.
Freedom Fall -- MB-84D87D61337AF4CD - Taken by sensoft04. 5 entrants total.
Blades of Time - Limited Edition -- MB-2EAF331609A95206 - Taken by Dragon1893. 4 entrants total.
1Quest -- MB-39E97892E2304F4E - Taken by derExperte. 2 entrants total.
Cinders -- MB-84667A7FEB72E8B5 - Taken by KainXVIII. 2 entrants total.
8bitboy -- MB-788B608D541EDFD1
The Campaign Series: Fall Weiss -- MB-70AF9B03E2E8DB62
xheRJRF.gif
One day for ched -- MB-DC4B9FAEFCD5B9B0 - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
Muffin Knight -- MB-A785DC248060684F - Taken by Bayonetta. 2 entrants total.

Making History II: The War of the World -- MB-27F01ABD1BA24C07 - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe - Infinite #2 -- MB-204277DC9778597F
The Desolate Hope -- MB-835D0877CD79089D - Taken by Catshade. 3 entrants total.
Speedball 2 HD -- MB-8778B94609C172A7 - Taken by Cth. 2 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack -- MB-74CED6C0BD41BF07 - Taken by 28 Posts Later. 4 entrants total.
War Of the Human Tanks -- MB-85C550D0B4FD01D3 - Taken by fenners. 3 entrants total.
Shiny The Firefly -- MB-F1BF91EED6403AD6 - Taken by sensoft04. 2 entrants total.
Deep Dungeon of Doom -- MB-896B573DA7BEE65F - Taken by titch. 5 entrants total.
Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold - Episode 1 -- MB-99086D12B6DEE678
Kill Fun Yeah -- MB-2AA9D7D2A558A566
Knytt Underground -- MB-838F6381DF5AC7BA - Taken by Popstar. 2 entrants total.
Out There Somewhere -- MB-6FA146D4B333E472 - Taken by redlacs. 5 entrants total.
Quest for Infamy -- MB-41E5DDB65423AFAE - Taken by Javier23. 3 entrants total.
Bad Hotel -- MB-67408D9334FF4D93 - Taken by nja. 2 entrants total.

Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren's Call -- MB-93E8B9F1A5118C44 - Taken by Lobogris. 3 entrants total.
Orbital Gear -- MB-D8D9AA05D7CC13E3 - Taken by Lomax. 4 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-9E18446569109F5B - Taken by Conrad Link. 4 entrants total.
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien -- MB-C28DDAE1FDE93D0B
Major Mayhem -- MB-FB1D491BA41BFAE3 - Taken by tioslash. 3 entrants total.
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-FB18A5A520F3EA51 - Taken by titch. 1 entrants total.
Shadows: Price For Our Sins -- MB-6D402115261F5330
Z -- MB-8086EAA377E8AD2A - Taken by Scipius. 1 entrants total.
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-C71EF4D130E69440 - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart -- MB-E5880954447064C2 - Taken by skullmuffins. 2 entrants total.
Blood Knights -- MB-B6182A994FC581B9 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 4 entrants total.
Love -- MB-F3A919A9E21980B1
The Chaos Engine -- MB-58895E7D6ED1816A - Taken by sensoft04. 3 entrants total.
Star Ruler -- MB-17E867C84D100945 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 2 entrants total.
Dungeon of Elements -- MB-0727895AC9F77907 - Taken by Akuosa. 1 entrants total.
Face Noir -- MB-05AD669D877A6331
Puddle -- MB-AD6D275ED5D59779 - Taken by fspm. 4 entrants total.
Hero Siege -- MB-12A10BCE718025ED - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-11092469FCD23C21 - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-C709AC80ED7DD068 - Taken by woo and indeed hoo. 4 entrants total.
Chronology -- MB-AA986AB7601575F5 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
Lunar Pack - Wake & Lunnye Devitsy -- MB-29CCC8D4B43BA4B1 - Taken by Ben652. 1 entrants total.
Type:Rider -- MB-2EF1539E161900C4 - Taken by Benedict. 2 entrants total.
Dungeons of Dredmor Complete -- MB-AA0E07F4CFC48071 - Taken by okiemok. 1 entrants total.
Last Inua -- MB-BC2AA0CE2BAA64C9 - Taken by cardinalmind. 7 entrants total.
Swipecart -- MB-4D5B0D1511B493DA - Taken by Milamber. 1 entrants total.
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-6AC959A3A9E42D6E - Taken by Belgarion. 3 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe - Infinite -- MB-02B5B50EF35CBE28

t1422105531z1.png

Tizoc

Happy b-day mate~

EDIT: Someone post an image of what a giveaway I would make on my birthday would be like :v
Bare with me I'm bored :V

Maniac

Banned
Man, I played a 'bit' of Cat Goes Fishing last night, it was 1:20 AM when I started, suddenly it was 3, sigh. It's quite addictive, and actually really fun. Sadly it's a bit 'meh' on the technical side, since it literally has no menu, no options or anything. So I've muted the entire thing. Music bugged me.

Still fun though. And mornin' GAF!
Much like how one visit to the bathroom rarely appeases the coming deluge of diarrhea, Borderlands persists.

I believe this is the best analogy of this shit series I've ever heard. Bravo, good sir.
I warned everyone that it was a vapid, worthless piece of shit and not worth your time or money, but nobody ever reads my posts =p

Oi, it's pretty good ye' git. I'll fokken jab ye', silly cunt
<3

Milamber

Finally finished LEGO Marvel yesterday. Now to replay every level with the required heroes for all Gold Bricks. Ugh.

LEGO Movie is next. Or maybe LEGO Hobbit.

Knurek

Finally finished LEGO Marvel yesterday. Now to replay every level with the required heroes for all Gold Bricks. Ugh.

Do you hate yourself?
You don't start a new collectathon immediately after you finished another one. You just don't.

Tizoc

Are the GOTY results being posted today?

I've been avoiding bringing this up for a while now, but I would like to know that as well...cuz like I know February is a week away, but for some reason posting in a thread that's passed 200 pages feels...strange.

Uzzy

I'm glad I read this thread back to front. Certainly helps when you see countless posts saying 'that gif was freaky'. Speaking of freaky, decided to pick up FF XIII again and look at this...

It's the lesser spotted Smiling Lightning... well smirking really... sort of... well it's the most positive emotion I've seen on her chops anyway.

I read this in the David Attenborough voice.

In other news, Endless Legend is pretty damn awesome. It's taking up all my time that's not spent watching Peppa Pig with my niece.

I've been avoiding bringing this up for a while now, but I would like to know that as well...cuz like I know February is a week away, but for some reason posting in a thread that's passed 200 pages feels...strange.

I hope I'm not sounding like I'm demanding MRORANGE to post the results. You make a valid point about February but I think last year he posted it in January thread then again in February's thread OP.

AHA-Lambda

Enjoying Shadow of Mordor more than I thought I would, it basically is Assassin's Creed but if it were good, or at least better.

Much stronger combat system, but lifted shamelessly in every respect from Arkham, basic stealth systems but again stronger than AC and missions that almost all have a real focus on assassination; plus with the nemesis system, the dueling orcs and their strengths and weaknesses there are far more choices of play available here than in AC where if you're lucky and the AI behaves in the correct way you might not get seen, but that's all.

Only thing I don't like is the game still seems quite easy, I've only died twice from monsters not orcs so I've not seen the full advantage to the Nemesis system, no one has profited from my demises.
Plus, they did copy AC shamelessly in the amount of useless collectables and side missions to do, they're only there for powering up your character but you're already an unstoppable death machine anyways.

Dr Dogg

Happy B'Day Lain!

You're going to do what you did with AssCreed and burn yourself out on collectible laden games.

I read this in the David Attenborough voice.

In other news, Endless Legend is pretty damn awesome. It's taking up all my time that's not spent watching Peppa Pig with my niece.

Considering I've played just under an Hour of Endless Legend and only a couple of Beyond Earth my comment here might as well be throw away but I don't think I'll be firing up BE anytime soon after what I've played of Endless Legend. Like the opposing nature of the factions, plus the game looks orders of magnitudes better in aesthetics.

Peppa Pig sits along side Pengu and Dorra as kids TV if I'm forced to watch I can tolerate. Fuck Lazy Town though.

Enjoying Shadow of Mordor more than I thought I would, it basically is Assassin's Creed but if it were good, or at least better..

See what I play AssCreed for mainly, ie exploring a historical location as fantasy Batman, isn't really well done or at all in Mordor. Sure they have similarities in the parkour abilities but it's closer to Infamous in mechanics than AssCreed. Same with the Arkham comparisons although Mordor is very close to that in terms of mechanics except it's thread bare compared to what City or Origins offered in abilities and techniques and completely devoid of challenge. I know the gaming press likes to get all reductive when trying to describe a game but Mordor is only tiny parts of AC and Arkham and I certainly don't feel as well executed either. The one thing going for it, the Nemesis system only comes to life if you play the system and manipulate the whole order, then I can have a lot of fun with it. Otherwise it's sadly lacking in that much variation or randomness, where you start to notice the same patterns of weaknesses and strengths from Captain to Captain are repeating. Boss fights were a let down too as the first one was alright and I thought they could only get better :(

The PC footage on the Night Cry thing looks like it's running at 10 FPS which is pretty weird.

Very tempting to back it up though.

edit: Backed.

Happy birthday Lain!

I'm playing Toki Tori 2+ again trying to get the rest of the wing fragments and I'm appreciating how well crafted the levels are.

Backlogger

A couple of the racing and flying challenges were really annoying but otherwise LEGO Marvel was one of my favorite LEGO games and worth 100%ing.

Dr Dogg

Speaking of the Arkham games, just fired up Asylum. Age hasn't been too kind on it's looks, some of the character models are stuff of nightmares.

It is far too late to go back.
You made the right choice. Despite its cutesy artstyle, the game is actually a very compelling fighter.
you know what you have to do now ... ;)

(that's the dev, if you didn't know :p)
This post makes me wanna create bad fiction writing but I must resist the temptation to do it. Although I want to see atleast a video of it now just for laughs and giggles.
EDIT:
LOLOLOLOL. You really got me. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom