• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Finished a story about my uncle.
Sadly, would not recommend.
The platforming is annoying as fuck, and the further you go, the more insanely convoluted it gets.
Had to boost gamma to pretty much max in
the stupid falling stalagtite caves
because everything was just black on black.
Can't count the times I got stuck in geometry.
Another case of DIAS game design with repetition until it's seared into your muscle memory.

Happy Australia Day mates! It's time to enjoy some true blue aussie made games!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fuzzification, not ModBot ya dropkick!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

australia-20.png
Crawl -- MB-F749E63110383E55 - Taken by Bayonetta. 36 entrants total.
australia-20.png
Metrocide -- MB-C46E0E0A62ECDF02 - Taken by Turfster. 23 entrants total.
australia-20.png
Appointment with FEAR -- MB-FDFFD7E08FA89916 - Taken by Ozium. 14 entrants total.
australia-20.png
Screencheat #2 -- MB-B6AF54C4714F139D - Taken by Dimitri2401. 13 entrants total.
australia-20.png
Screencheat #3 -- MB-CF5FFA4B042BF164 - Taken by agniswarm. 9 entrants total.
australia-20.png
Assault Android Cactus -- MB-FF261098FC14F9C6 - Taken by derExperte. 23 entrants total.
australia-20.png
Screencheat -- MB-3C7C0E74FD462F42 - Taken by bobnowhere. 12 entrants total.
australia-20.png
Crawl #2 -- MB-568E002A19761D6F - Taken by S1n1st3r. 29 entrants total.
australia-20.png
Sokobond -- MB-87D1929B14242791 - Taken by ExoSoul. 12 entrants total.

t1422248036z1.png

inm8num2

Spent about an hour with Tower of Guns today - pretty fun rogue-like FPS that I'm guessing most people here have already played. Haven't gotten too many of the items or unlocks yet so can't really comment on the variety of weapons, but the action is nicely paced.

Turfster

Amazon has Dungeon of the Endless Crystal Pack PC version 60% off
Mac version (but it's steamplay, so why the separate versions?) and Pixel packs not discounted.

zkylon

zkylewd
The worst parts are the ones where you have to swing on 3 different floating rocks in a curved configuration and then land in a fucking hole the size of a penny.
Fuck you game your mechanics aren't nearly precise enough for this bullshit.
Or the ever classic "you can hook onto ONE of the blades of this windmill, but not all of them."Never mind, that was just more shitty hook detection.
wasnt nearly as bad for me

just mostly not much fun specially the falling blocks bit

Start reading.

i know its bad but i don't lke reading too much

like i enjoy reading certain good books, but i don't find it enjoyable to like pick a random book and going at it

Anyone here spent time with The Age of Decadence? Seems like it could be incredible and the description of the game on the steam store page(making deals with various factions and simply trying to survive day to day political maledictions) is something I've wanted for a while in an rpg.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Quick Banished question: Should I be micromanaging jobs on a seasonal basis? Like, if I have some farmers, should I de-assign them during the winter and assign them to something else? I'm assuming that farmers behave like Labourers when they have no farming to do, so that's not so bad, but I should probably be making them as productive as possible, right?

MUnited83

For you.
All those opinions about A Story About My Uncle make me sad :(. Didn't have any of the issues listed and loved the game.

I was pretty interested in Story About My Uncle, almost ready to put some cash down on it. Glad to learn I'll never have to even consider wasting my time or money on it. Thank you, GAF.
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TURFSTER

I was pretty interested in Story About My Uncle, almost ready to put some cash down on it. Glad to learn I'll never have to even consider wasting my time or money on it. Thank you, GAF.

Grief.exe

Quick Banished question: Should I be micromanaging jobs on a seasonal basis? Like, if I have some farmers, should I de-assign them during the winter and assign them to something else? I'm assuming that farmers behave like Labourers when they have no farming to do, so that's not so bad, but I should probably be making them as productive as possible, right?

You are correct, they are treated as laborers. I would always micro them as I believe when you reassign them back to farmers in the Spring, they would organize based on distance to farm which would increase productivity.

Man, in between Guild Wars 2, Elite: Dangerous, and Hex, I've been doing a hell of a lot of launching games from separate launchers these days. I need to get back into the Steam fold!

zkylon

zkylewd
Anyone here spent time with The Age of Decadence? Seems like it could be incredible and the description of the game on the steam store page(making deals with various factions and simply trying to survive day to day political maledictions) is something I've wanted for a while in an rpg.

i heard great stuff but i think it'll be a long while before its finished

its on the same engine as dead state which doesn't tel me anything too good lol

All those opinions about A Story About My Uncle make me sad :(. Didn't have any of the issues listed and loved the game.
i didnt have issues, i just thought it was 'alright'

i wish they would've done something cooler with the story. those frog ppl were hideous

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The hair looks weird, there are some questionable environmental textures on a few areas but it looks nice. Definitely better than the overhyped Dragon Age : Inquisition graphic talk that wasnt really impressive.

I doubt DA:I will provide much competition when it comes to animation either.

Lain

HuniePop got to 1,808 players peak today. Holy crap the sales of the game just don't stop. I'm amazed.

Well deserved, as far as I'm concerned, despite the flaws.

Yeah I'm kind of amazed how well it's done.
A sequel is all but happening. Hope they just listen to some of the feed back.

I hope they listen as well. I hope the sequel will have the dating sim/vn part that would have added a lot more depth/content to the game.

Is The Witcher 3 a stand alone story or do I need to spend 80 hours playing the first two games? How many references will be lost because of not playing the other ones? Do we know any of that?

zkylon

zkylewd
Is The Witcher 3 a stand alone story or do I need to spend 80 hours playing the first two games? How many references will be lost because of not playing the other ones? Do we know any of that?
most likely standalone but
1. it'll heavily reference games 1 and 2
2. games 1 and 2 are awesome
3. seriously play games 1 and 2

xBladeM6x

I'm hopelessly addicted to C&C RA2 Yuri's Revenge. The reason I'm telling you this, is I'm wondering from anyone who also loves RA2 / Yuri's Revenge, is Grey Goo actually the "spiritual successor," or play similarly, or that just an overstatement I've been reading in the Steam reviews?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm hopelessly addicted to C&C RA2 Yuri's Revenge. The reason I'm telling you this, is I'm wondering from anyone who also loves RA2 / Yuri's Revenge, is Grey Goo actually the "spiritual successor," or play similarly, or that just an overstatement I've been reading in the Steam reviews?

There's an OT here. I've not read it thoroughly but people seem to like the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom