• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Where do you see that, on the Shift website or somewhere else?

EDIT: Uh, it seems I redeemed correctly my PAX card key back then (thanks, Gvaz!), but I never received the code for the pack itself since the fake mail was deactivated after 24 hours... I hate myself right now.

On http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/communityday2013/redemption/mycodeishere

Homeworld HD and Homeworld Classic access subject to availability and compatibility requirements. May be substituted with an item of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability. Only one future product key per eligible purchaser. Product keys will be sent to the registered e-mail address associated with each eligible purchaser. Additional terms and conditions may apply. Terms and conditions subject to change.

Knurek

SaintsRowIV-2015-01-25-18-4.gif

I pity anyone who bought curgen consoles instead of upgrading their PC. Seriously...

tmarg

I don't know what game that is, but even the PC version doesn't look great. Looks more like dev incompetence than a legitimate comparison.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bloop -- MB-4128DF88D796B011 - Taken by Darth Kupi
ClusterPuck 99 -- MB-3EB93CEFB3298E5F - Taken by S1n1st3r
Song of the Myrne: What Lies Beneath -- MB-3A54A391B83C7A9A - Taken by NingenJanai
Yexalot -- MB-23FB562C673ACD15 - Taken by Milamber

y is saoirse mad

All I can think of is "y cant saoirse crawl".

Edit: Uh, Yexalot is supposed to be Yelaxot. Oops.

Arthea

I've spend all Sunday, well almost all, getting that damned Endless day achievement in Endless Space and in process I understood that I absolutely can't stomach controls and UI, these ruin the game for me. Also bloody hell if that particular achievement wasn't masochism at its finest or painfullest, to be precise.

edited: otoh I'll take it as one finished game for 52 year challenge
I did get victory, so I finished a game, am I right? (><)

edit2: Desura client is horrible, it's so slow, looking up keys part takes ages to process, I can't be only one noticing it, or nobody cares? I wish they fixed it.

edit3: where is our GOTY btw? Any news will we get results this year?
sorry MR Orange, I know real life stuff takes precedence, but you totally had volunteers to share your responsibilities!

Yeah, having to retrieve keys via the client is a royal pain because of slow it is, and the "Close" button on the key generation window doesn't seem to work at all in my experience.

Exactly, why it's still so bad, I thought some people would complain, maybe we should, Jasec?

JaseC

edit2: Desura client is horrible, it's so slow, looking up keys part takes ages to process, I can't be only one noticing it, or nobody cares? I wish they fixed it.

Yeah, having to retrieve keys via the client is a royal pain because of slow it is, and the "Close" button on the key generation window doesn't seem to work at all in my experience.

Deques

I've spend all Sunday, well almost all, getting that damned Endless day achievement in Endless Space and in process I understood that I absolutely can't stomach controls and UI, these ruin the game for me. Also bloody hell if that particular achievement wasn't masochism at its finest or painfullest, to be precise.
[/SPOILER]

Oh, crap. Yesterday was the last day of the event. I couldn't do the Dungeon of the Endless achievement. But I did the Endless Legend which kind of was easy

Knurek

edited: otoh I'll take it as one finished game for 52 year challenge
I did get victory, so I finished a game, am I right? (><)

Hey, Arthea, want me to join in marathoning allsome of Nintendo's Picross games this year?
Making some progress in the Picross NP Vol. 1, as you could've seen earlier ITT.

Arthea

Hey, Arthea, want me to join in marathoning allsome of Nintendo's Picross games this year?
Making some progress in the Picross NP Vol. 1, as you could've seen earlier ITT.

Sorry Knurek, I've played and finished them all, I think and I really don't feel like replaying them, especially when I have what to play, if you know what I mean, also I'm near the end of Alphadia Genesis, I got distracted a little, but I intend to finish it this week, for that I need to stop playing everything and concentrate on it (><)

Any tips on how to properly celebrate Straya Day?

what's that?

Knurek

Any tips on how to properly celebrate Straya Day?

Play Saya no Uta?

Sorry Knurek, I've played and finished them all, I think and I really don't feel like replaying them, especially when I have what to play, if you know what I mean, also I'm near the end of Alphadia Genesis, I got distracted a little, but I intend to finish it this week, for that I need to stop playing everything and concentrate on it (><)

NP
pun intended

Jame Retief

Neo Member
Oh, crap. Yesterday was the last day of the event. I couldn't do the Dungeon of the Endless achievement. But I did the Endless Legend which kind of was easy

Apparently, you can still get the achievements by adjusting your clock...

Developer said:
[ENDLESS DAY] FAQ

OMG, IT’S JANUARY 26th

Solution

Don’t hurt us.
What’s fun about technology is that you can mess with it. It’s easy: just go back in time.

SaintsRowIV-2015-01-25-18-4.gif

I pity anyone who bought curgen consoles instead of upgrading their PC. Seriously...
To be fair High Voltage, the studio who handled the port, are seemingly incompetent given their work with the ZoE HD collection so I wouldn't let it reflect on the consoles too much. But of course both are relatively weak so PC is the way to go if you want the best experience as always.

MadGear

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-CO9VFjFYKzQ/VMUyqeb4rlI/AAAAAAAAFzg/hKlh8e4QtaQ/s772/SaintsRowIV-2015-01-25-18-4.gif[/IMG

I pity anyone who bought curgen consoles instead of upgrading their PC. Seriously...[/QUOTE]

Not really fair to pity console owners because of a bad port because this is something the PC is definitely no stranger to as well.

But i have to agree, this looks really terrible. I would never have guessed that this is the current gen version.

To be fair High Voltage, the studio who handled the port, are seemingly incompetent given their work with the ZoE HD collection so I wouldn't let it reflect on the consoles too much. But of course both are relatively weak so PC is the way to go if you want the best experience as always.

Pretty much.

Dr Dogg

They misspelled Civilization twice.

Seeing as I can't spelling for shit at the best of times it's even more infuriating when Chrome, despite having English (United Kingdom) selected as my dictionary language, has the audacity sometimes to tell me I've spelt colour wrong. I've not spelt it wrong you stupid web browser, it's not my fault our transatlantic cousins have an aversion to U's and like replacing S' with Z's (that's Zed's not Zee's). Plus Day Zed sounds way better than Day Zee, I mean that's a flower.

Knurek

Not really fair to pity console owners because of a bad port because this is something the PC is definitely no stranger to as well.

But i have to agree, this looks really terrible. I would never have guessed that this is the current gen version.

Well, the arguments used by the console folk are also not fair:
  • PC has no exclusive games (and by exclusives we mean titles made by internal Sony/MS/Nintendo studios, and not titles like Civilization, Crusader Kings, Football Manager or indie titles. Those don't count)
  • PC is more expensive (even if it's not and has not been more expensive than consoles for at least few years)
  • Consoles have Gamestop for cheaper games (no mention of $1 Humble Bundles, because they don't count)
  • Consoles don't have patches, DirectX runtimes, etc (no mention that they do have patches, more often than not mandatory 5+GB affairs)
  • There's no noticable difference between 30fps and 60fps (except when there's a PS4 version running at 60 and XB1 version running at 30, then everyone notices that immediately)

Given that this is a PC only thread, I think I'm allowed a bit of snark.

Chariot

Well, the arguments used by the console folk are also not fair:
  • PC has no exclusive games (and by exclusives we mean titles made by internal Sony/MS/Nintendo studios, and not titles like Civilization, Crusader Kings, Football Manager or indie titles. Those don't count)
  • PC is more expensive (even if it's not and has not been more expensive than consoles for at least few years)
  • Consoles have Gamestop for cheaper games (no mention of $1 Humble Bundles, because they don't count)
  • Consoles don't have patches, DirectX runtimes, etc (no mention that they do have patches, more often than not mandatory 5+GB affairs)
  • There's no noticable difference between 30fps and 60fps (except when there's a PS4 version running at 60 and XB1 version running at 30, then everyone notices that immediately)

Given that this is a PC only thread, I think I'm allowed a bit of snark.
I can only agree. Always turning my eyes when these arguments appear on gaming side.

derExperte

GermanGAF can get Grey Goo (Limited Steelbook) for 28,95€ here: http://chillmo.com/grey-goo-limited-steelbook-edition-pc-fr-2895-eur-inkl-vsk/

Call of Pripyat changes a lot of the base elements of the series, and many fans feel it is lesser for it. Gunplay is less of a challenge, the overall threatening feeling of the zone and its occupants is nowhere near as crushing, stuff like that. It's still a good game, but Clear Sky is closer to the formula that Shadow of Chernobyl nailed down. Well, as nailed down as jank can be. &#1095;&#1080;&#1082;&#1080;-&#1073;&#1088;&#1080;&#1082;&#1080;!

If you'd asked me I'd have said that Pripyat is the one which basically everyone prefers. I've only read praise here and elsewhere. Interesting.

If you'd asked me I'd have said that Pripyat is the one which basically everyone prefers. I've only read praise here and elsewhere. Interesting.

I also thought that was the case, need to go back to Clear Sky with the various complete mods that have been released. Game was beyond broken for a while, and if you thought the World at War veteran grenade spam was bad.....

JaseC

Fingers crossed that Dying Light unlocks here in 40 minutes instead of the stated 20 hours (well, 19 hours and 40 minutes in actuality).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom