• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

JaseC's new avatar is how I imagine he looks every time Valve's tinkering results in a -1 to his library.

In other news, can someone tell me how far I have left in A Story About My Uncle?
I am in the Ice Caves and just found the tools and repaired my air dash

Dragon Age Inquisition is a pretty damn good looking game. Great texture work(especially for the non player created characters), loads of particle effects, depth of field, etc. Certainly a top tier game in that respect which is nice to see coming from Bioware whose games have been pretty ugly for a while.

Turfster

In other news, can someone tell me how far I have left in A Story About My Uncle?

Not too much. 15 minutes-ish.
If you don't know where to go,
and you're standing on the tall pillar with the save point
, you need to
jump of into the void, then swing off the ceiling of the shelf on the right side if you're looking in the direction of the save arrow
, if that makes sense.

Dragon Age Inquisition is a pretty damn good looking game. Great texture work(especially for the non player created characters), loads of particle effects, depth of field, etc. Certainly a top tier game in that respect which is nice to see coming from Bioware whose games have been pretty ugly for a while.

Can't agree more.

Messiah

Phantom Breaker is so much fun. If you like Beat 'em ups and don't care for online multiplayer get this game.

I mean one of the playable characters is a japanese schoolgirl who can warp her upper body behind the enemies to cut their backs. What else do you need in a game?

Edit: That timing.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Not getting BOTP'd this time!

it's short and interesting... worth a shot at least if you already own it.

Turfster is known for his weird tastes.

Turfs gets a little extra frustrated at some things here and there, but I've always found that he's had solid complaints. I'm with Ozium - give it a shot, just expect to run into a few hitches here and there.

Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds is fantastic. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again CheesecakeRecipe! :)

I'm really glad you're enjoying it! I saw you hop on it on steam earlier and were playing for a while, so I took that as a good sign.

Speaking on the port's contents, the thread on the Steam forums requesting online co-op is coming along quite well. I really hope MAGES goes back to patch it in, as it is really what is holding me back from buying it on Steam. I mostly play co-op oriented stuff lately, and I need online play!

Sajjaja

Is The Witcher 3 a stand alone story or do I need to spend 80 hours playing the first two games? How many references will be lost because of not playing the other ones? Do we know any of that?

Seeing how #2 skipped most of #1s choices and characters, I anticipate that they will bring back quite a few characters from #1 into 3.

I still see it as standalone though.

Ozium

I can't even play witcher 1 now because I found out that it is based on a series of books and that it takes place after or near the end of the story in the books so now I have to read the books.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Phantom Breaker is so much fun. If you like Beat 'em ups and don't care for online multiplayer get this game.

I mean one of the playable characters is a japanese schoolgirl who can warp her upper body behind the enemies to cut their backs. What else do you need in a game?

complain about the online in the forums though they need more feedback to send to the original devs to make them put it back in.

Phawx

Winter
storm Juno
is coming.

My office will most likely be open and then decide to close the office when it's real bad. Not really feeling being stranded in NY.

Thinking about taking a PTO.

Nabs

Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds is fantastic. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again CheesecakeRecipe! :)

It really is fun. I'm glad I picked it up.

Yes. No rebindable controls though. And no resolution options. The port is barebones.

At least it's 60 fps.

It lets me rebind my arcade stick attack buttons. You hold down the attack button and press up/down to change it.

Turfster

I can't even play witcher 1 now because I found out that it is based on a series of books and that it takes place after or near the end of the story in the books so now I have to read the books.
At least there's official translations of some of the books out now.

Not sure if it's cool to post this here, don't see why it wouldn't be but apologies if necessary.

I'm looking for one person who wants to get in on a Dying Light 4 pack. $45 USD each. Send me a PM.

Messiah

It really is fun. I'm glad I picked it up.

It lets me rebind my arcade stick attack buttons. You hold down the attack button and press up/down to change it.

You are right, I will edit my post. The buttons are rebindable indeed.

Yeah the DLC not being announced yet seems like it's just politics atm but it's definitely on it's way.
Yeah, it's pretty much confirmed.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/329490/discussions/0/613948093882554441/#c613948093885221822

Messiah

Isn't she a playable character in the fighting game as well?

Edit: Yup, she is:
5c5ab67974c531d23bebf61cc4a9200c1354294362_full.jpg

I read a giant circlejerk of people saying Call of Pripyat was better than Clear Sky and now I'm just mad at everyone.
Would you mind elaborating on that? only played a bit of Chernobyl, and always saw Pripyat being praised over Clear Sky. Besides that, BundleStars is offering CS for 1,99, so knowing if it's actually great would help me deciding if i should buy it :p

Call of Pripyat changes a lot of the base elements of the series, and many fans feel it is lesser for it. Gunplay is less of a challenge, the overall threatening feeling of the zone and its occupants is nowhere near as crushing, stuff like that. It's still a good game, but Clear Sky is closer to the formula that Shadow of Chernobyl nailed down. Well, as nailed down as jank can be. чики-брики!
Hmmm, i see. Thanks. From the reaction on the internet, i thought it was the exact opposite.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Ugh, it's so frustrating when you finally have some time to play games, but every game you scroll past on your list just seems so unappealing. And even when you've picked something out of your list, you lose interest within minutes. Hate being stuck in this rut :(

Wish Cardboard Compy could give me a hint as to how much longer I'll be waiting for KR0 Act 4. I think about it at least once a week, and I'm starting to fear I won't see it until May like last year.

Would you mind elaborating on that? only played a bit of Chernobyl, and always saw Pripyat being praised over Clear Sky. Besides that, BundleStars is offering CS for 1,99, so knowing if it's actually great would help me deciding if i should buy it :p

Call of Pripyat changes a lot of the base elements of the series, and many fans feel it is lesser for it. Gunplay is less of a challenge, the overall threatening feeling of the zone and its occupants is nowhere near as crushing, stuff like that. It's still a good game, but Clear Sky is closer to the formula that Shadow of Chernobyl nailed down. Well, as nailed down as jank can be. чики-брики!

Ugh, it's so frustrating when you finally have some time to play games, but every game you scroll past on your list just seems so unappealing. And even when you've picked something out of your list, you lose interest within minutes. Hate being stuck in this rut :(

I usually end up thinking I don't have enough to play anything when scrolling though my list and spend it all browsing GAF.

zkylon warning (?)
Also, I was sorting through my 3DS games for CN codes today and somehow end up with a bunch of baby spiders crawling on my arm without noticing. Kind of feel bad squishing them with my thumb.

Knurek

Help, puzzleGAF...
I seem to have gotten rusty with my Picross solving skills. Either that or the NP series is hard.
Can't seem to find any guaranteed blocks here:
retroarch-0126-072127iyupq.jpg

Everywhere I'm looking I seem to be short one block to have anything guaranteed. I don't think Nintendo puzzles require guesswork, but all of my techniques come up short here...

Eternia

Finished up Hexcells Infinite, boy, 6-3 sure was a mindbender. I remembered Nabs giving out a hint to Lain so I took a peek at it, never would have thought of doing that! There may have been a level that I recall using that technique to finish a level but not to begin it.

As if it hasn't been said enough, what a great series of games.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Well then, happy birthday Cheddahz. Good wishes and all that.

Help, puzzleGAF...
I seem to have gotten rusty with my Picross solving skills. Either that or the NP series is hard.
Can't seem to find any guaranteed blocks here:
http://abload.de/img/retroarch-0126-072127iyupq.jpg

Everywhere I'm looking I seem to be short one block to have anything guaranteed. I don't think Nintendo puzzles require guesswork, but all of my techniques come up short here...

At that point I think you are out of guaranteed shots from simply eye balling it and have to move on to eliminating by what simply won't work. For example that top row of just 2, it can't be the last two open columns because it would create an error in the 1 - 4 -8 column to the 1 -5 -4 -1 row.
You don't have to do it for every single bit of the 2 only row, but enough to get you started so you can start figuring out what should be crossed out normally again.

Excuse the shoddy work, mobile only software with touch for control limits what I can do. Green is for crossed out sections, brown for picture.
http://abload.de/img/untitled-1oxcd7.jpg

I recently finished 4 as well and found it to be the best SR game yet.. the main missions were absolutely insane and hilarious, the different genre parodies were fun and the super hero mechanics is the best I've ever played... way better than crackdown/infamous/prototype IMO

I really like the super powers mechanic in that game. I liked SR 1&2 for the story and missions. I like SR4 for the missions and content.

Ozium

Is Leviathan The Last Day of the Decade a VN? It's tagged as such but it looks like a hidden object style game based on the pictures.

Knurek

At that point I think you are out of guaranteed shots from simply eye balling it and have to move on to eliminating by what simply won't work. For example that top row of just 2, it can't be the last two open columns because it would create an error in the 1 - 4 -8 column to the 1 -5 -4 -1 row.
You don't have to do it for every single bit of the 2 only row, but enough to get you started so you can start figuring out what should be crossed out normally again.

Ahh, so obvious... Thank you, can't believe I missed this.
(I'm really getting rusty with nonograms, haven't solved any in at least half a year).

Happy birthday Cheddahz

Is Leviathan The Last Day of the Decade a VN? It's tagged as such but it looks like a hidden object style game based on the pictures.

It looks like it has VN elements judging by the screenshots, but it looks mostly a hidden object game to me.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Man, I am barely getting any time to play games these days and when I do all I play is Binding of Isaac. I need to get myself a new job so I can justify throwing an hour or so away on games in the evenings. While I'm super broke and desperately trying to save money for a house I should be looking for better paid work and not playing games. Life is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom