• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurahador

What are you expecting? It's 60 is USA as well

How much does the latest CoD sell over at your country converted to USD? Chances are that Arkham Knight will hit that price point too.

The latest CoD and GTAV is cheaper than Dying Light. Hell...Mordor is only USD30 here.

Seems like Ubisoft and now WB are using this new pricing scheme for their games.
So much for using regional currency.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The collection is definitely the better choice there, price-wise.
Also, those trailers are... kinda shameless. "Here's 30 seconds about this game, now buy our new shadowgate!"

I think that's pretty understandable of them, given that most people seem inexplicably annoyed that older games are being released on Steam. Sure they could have done more promoting the individual game given the 30 second time slot for each game, but I'm sure they know that most people will be picking this up for nostalgia reasons and don't really need to be told what the game is about.

I just wish they included more Steam features - like trading cards and achievements (which were both present in the latest iteration).

Turfster

Sure they could have done more promoting the individual game given the 30 second time slot for each game, but I'm sure they know that most people will be picking this up for nostalgia reasons and don't really need to be told what the game is about.
True.
It's just kind of a weird thing to do, because the people that want TEH SHINIEZ won't sit through the first 30 seconds of "ugly old boring text crap", and people that want them purely for nostalgia might not be interested in "these remakes with better graphics for the new generation" ;)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Also, (the new) Shadowgate is part of this week's weekly deals at $4.99. It's an excellent game and I can highly recommend it at this price.

Zafir

Sigh. Caved and just grabbed Dying Light from GMG. £14 more than I would have paid at Amazon if they hadn't have delayed the physical edition. Better be worth it. :(

Wouldn't have bothered but I've friends who are getting it.

Zeknurn

Has Deep Silver said anything new about fixing the broken Community feature in Saints Row IV? Last I heard they were planning to fix it in November but I'm pretty sure that month has come and gone.

Sigh. Caved and just grabbed Dying Light from GMG. £14 more than I would have paid at Amazon if they hadn't have delayed the physical edition. Better be worth it. :(

Wouldn't have bothered but I've friends who are getting it.

I am thinking about buying it aswell. I guess GMG + 20% off coupon is the cheapest today?

Hmm, somehow I'd not heard of Kromaia before. I like the sound of it on paper, but why is every screenshot so blurry? I feel like my vision is starting to go just looking at it. @_@

Tri got very positive remarks from my pal CueZero. I've yet to play it myself, but it seemed to fly under a lot of radars so I thought it could use a little representation.

I can vouch for Kromaia, I got it during the auction madness and was pleasantly surprised. The dev patched in an option to remove the blur. The game feels extremely alien and has touches of Descent but in an open space with huge bosses and a shmuppy difficulty. Takes a bit to get used to but it is worth a try. I need to get back to it and finish the stages with the different armors.

So, kind GAF fellows, any list of notable releases for this week? I only have Neptunia on my wishlist and Homeworld is already tagged for purchase in february.

jshackles

I bought Shadowgate some time ago when you got all these games for free, Retro pack 2. Guess they won't be transferred to these now would they?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/294440/discussions/0/613948093892546606/

If you purchased Shadowgate (2014) during the special Retro Bundle Promotion and want the Steam versions of Shadowgate and Déjà Vu please follow the instructions:
  • Forward the confirmation email you received from Valve confirming your purchase and date of purchase to contact@zojoi.com
  • Ensure your Profile is viewable as we will cross reference that you own Shadowgate (2014).
We will respond with an email containing two codes. One for Shadowgate: MacVenture Series and one for Déjà vu: MacVenture Series.

strafer

Playing The Evil Within without the black borders is truly awesome.

Mikami really dun goofed that part

at least give us the option to disable it if you're going to have it though.

Anteater

Hand to hand or fist to fist
Kick your nuts or twist your wrist
God power keeps my pimp hand strong
so trust me or you won't last very lonnng

Dr Dogg

So what with all the Witcher III hoopla today I decided to fire up the Witcher 2 (seeing as I've been lazy and not deleting stuff after my SSD spending spree). Considering it's almost 4 years old it's still a great looking title, even when comparing it to some newer stuff. Granted the draw distance and LOD scaling is painfully short (though Eats' mod does sort issues). And Drowner's are just as much dicks as I remember.

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody having issues with cloud saves noy syncing?

I'm trying to play Talos Principle at work and it won't download my latest save from the cloud.

Granted, there's a good chance that this is caused by my company network freaking out but one of my coworker was able to sync his save just fine earlier.

Miguel81

Holy shit at those MacVenture Series releases. Gonna have to pick up the collection!

My memories are of the 3 NES games(Shadowgate, Uninvited, Deja Vu). Shadowgate was the only one I was able to complete but boy was it satisfying to do so. It'll be weird playing the Mac versions without the Kemco sountracks, though the lack of censorship is a plus. Picked up the Special Edition of the remake on the GOG sale awhile back, and I'm hoping for the others to get similar treatment.

jshackles

Just heard back from zojoi regarding Shadowgate:

Hi,

I just found out that anyone who bought the game before Dec 5, 2014 will have these automatically added to their Steam account

So, look for that soon.

Thanks!

so-good.gif

Anteater

wont shit like this get shutdown by the developer or is that if they'll try and make money out if it?

i think once they try to share it it'll get shut down because they're sharing and uploading assets that they don't have the right to

It could get shut down earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom