• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
I'm never going outside ever again.

I did an oopsie. I left SteamGAF and ventured into the thread for the new Witcher 3 screenies...

I may or may not have gotten annoyed by how fucking stupid the majority of idiotic circlejerking morons that inhabit GAF.

There's just... So... Much... Stupidity...

That's it, I'm not leaving SteamGAF ever again, it's too scary and it's a real threat to my sanity aswell as intelligence.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

I did an oopsie. I left SteamGAF and ventured into the thread for the new Witcher 3 screenies...

I may or may not have gotten annoyed by how fucking stupid the majority of idiotic circlejerking morons that inhabit GAF.

That's it, I'm not leaving SteamGAF ever again, it's too scary and it's a real threat to my sanity aswell as intelligence.

2015-01-26_16-36-17.jpg

-MD-

Can't recommend Ryse at any price really, game was mind-numbing.

That Witcher 3 footage looks sweet though, glad I snagged a cheap copy when I could.

It's 2015 and people are still saying "X game looks like a PS2 game" and "M$"

I cringe too often in gamingside.

Maniac

Banned
It's 2015 and people are still saying "X game looks like a PS2 game" and "M$"

I cringe too often in gamingside.

"Unity looks better than TW3 and has better lighting"

"DA:I looks better"

"Awful animations, DA:I was a lot better"

"The Order looks a lot better, and has a lot better lighting"

Worst of all, according to the Q&A in the german vid, the gameplay is recorded on High settings as they couldn't run Ultra (or that it was unavailable, my german is rusty)

But yeah, people are... Interesting.

The Order has what, 2/3 the amount of screen real-estate to render, and Unity is just prebaked, static lighting galore. Sigh.

Mr. Doop

Yeah, I basically stay away from almost any gaming side thread that isn't this one.

"Unity looks better than TW3 and has better lighting"

"DA:I looks better"

"Awful animations, DA:I was a lot better"

"The Order looks a lot better, and has a lot better lighting"

Worst of all, according to the Q&A in the german vid, the gameplay is recorded on High settings as they couldn't run Ultra (or that it was unavailable, my german is rusty)

But yeah, people are... Interesting.

The Order has what, 2/3 the amount of screen real-estate to render, and Unity is just prebaked, static lighting galore. Sigh.
Someone was complaining that the hookers looked, well, they looked like hookers.

well no shit, are they supposed to be wearing business slacks and finishing up their doctoral thesis in the alleyways of the Witcher 3? C'mon, stop trying to make everything into a issue about political correctness and let hookers look like hookers for crying out loud. I don't even like what the Witcher 1 did with its sleezy trading card nonsense and i thought that the whole Playboy thing with Triss was some creep-levels of fan service but there's that and then there's whining about something looking like what it's supposed to look like.

rtcn63

I'm just hoping the combat in W3 is a bit more accessible. Couldn't finish W2, stopped at
Letho
. Wasn't fun.

And that I can do 1080p/30FPS/medium/no AA on my GTX 670. (This is how I play most demanding games)

Maniac

Banned
Lol, are you sure this one is safe? Really, really sure about this? :D
I envy you :p
The biggest danger to our sanity in SteamGAF is the stupid sales questions, and ofcourse... Milamber.

---------

Something my friend just pointed out to me: PCGamer spent half their article complaining and nitpicking about little things with The Witcher 3's combat.

... This is the magazine that gave Skyrim a score of 94 out of 100.

I now know why a lot of people don't give PCG any credit anymore. I now understand, senpai.
Yeah, I basically stay away from almost any gaming side thread that isn't this one.

Great (and likely similarly weird / odd) minds think alike.
Someone was complaining that the hookers looked, well, they looked like hookers.

well no shit, are they supposed to be wearing business slacks and finishing up their doctoral thesis in the alleyways of the Witcher 3? C'mon, stop trying to make everything into a issue about political correctness and let hookers look like hookers for crying out loud. I don't even like what the Witcher 1 did with its sleezy trading card nonsense and i thought that the whole Playboy thing with Triss was some creep-levels of fan service but there's that and then there's whining about something looking like what it's supposed to look like.

We don't want no realism or immersion, we want equal rights! Even if we have to use a time-machine to change how it was in medieval times! No to realism!

And I do think the hookers look... Well, fabulously hooker-like. Also really like how some of them look rather... Ehm, sickly. Hideous.
Atleast the one I favored in TW2 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm just hoping the combat in W3 is a bit more accessible. Couldn't finish W2, stopped at
Letho
. Wasn't fun.

And that I can do 1080p/30FPS/medium/no AA on my GTX 670. (This is how I play most demanding games)

where you stopped was the hardest fight in the game. It's really just a war of attrition with that character, and if you would've gotten past that you would've seen the best parts of W2.

Jawmuncher

Can't recommend Ryse at any price really, game was mind-numbing.

That Witcher 3 footage looks sweet though, glad I snagged a cheap copy when I could.

Mind numbingly awesome.
Ok that might be a bit much, but it's more than worth 10. If anything it's a current gen beat em up from the old style back in the day.

Maniac

Banned
Is this one of those "keep people from returning rented games too early" designs?

I believe it's one of those 'unfortunately designed and ridiculously hard compared to the point of the game in which you encounter it'-encounter designs.

:p

----
Damnit gamesplanet, I want muh Dying Light key! GIEF ME DAMNIT. GIEF.

Is this one of those "keep people from returning rented games too early" designs?

you could see it that way, sure, and i know many folks who walked away from that game due to that.

For me, it taught me the value of all of the skills and abilities I had on hand, forced me to dive deeply into the game's battle mechanics, and when i finally won after 3-4 tries i felt like I could take on anyone or anything. And that's exactly what i did, since again that was the hardest battle in the game and the difficulty curve declines greatly from there, possibly due to my comfort with the battle system or because the designers cranked down the challenge a bit or both.

Terra_Ex

That Witcher 3 footage, I can't take even one more drop of hype at this point, I'm at capacity. It's gonna be glorious, first Pillars, then transitioning nicely into Witcher 3 a short time later. I need to book some time off.

Jawmuncher

I think I played a different witcher 2 than everyone else. Thought it was good but nothing amazing. Bought witcher 3 because of the cheap price back in the day. Everything I have seen for 3 looks good enough though. Have also read 3 of the books in the series and it hasn't added much.

Witcher is one of those series I'm trying to love but it's not cicking and I don't think it ever will.

Copons

Here some images of Witcher 3 which I find very nice.
Very impressive that a less huge dev can pull off such visuals.

Still holding out on watching the new video in hopes that Gamersyde wil get it.

Geralt taking (being taken?) a bath has a splendid reaction face.

EDIT: also, the guy in the first screen is Bronn from GoT?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
We really need a mystery police procedural game voiced by Robson Green.

I guess that will work, since Robert Stack
is dead :( and
would obviously be my first choice

Anustart

Finally got an SSD coming from our resident PC god, Smokey. Problem is, my copy of Windows 8.1 came from my msdnaa account through my school which I no longer have access to. How can I get Windows on the ssd?

Those Saints Row IV PS4 screenshots can't be real. I've been playing it on PS4 for the past week and I would have noticed it looking that bad. I will say that when you're playing the blazin' events, the resolution is lower than normal and it looks like ass. My guess is that when they originally made the game on the PS3/360, they had to lower the resolution so that it would run smoothly, since you are running really fast in that event. Given that Re-Elected is a straight port, I guess they didn't bother to fix that, especially considering all the other bugs that are still present from the last-gen version. Not that it matters to me really. I still find it fun as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom