• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
ibt9rnAZE8ZPjA.jpg

Alright Mr. Calavera, I've booked our trip tomorrow.

Anyone else confused by the amount of hype for Dying Light after all of those warning signs? What is it about killing zombies that makes people so excited? I don't get it.

Annubis

I posted a little bit ago about Steam not working properly for me. It was as if right as I open Steam, it kills the internet all together. I have just found that it works perfectly if I have uplay open and downloading a game at the same time...very strange. I wanted to test to see if I could download anything. I have uplay open, downloading watch dogs(going extremely slow). I opened steam fine, and have download several games, while watch dogs isnt even halfway done.

TLDR: I have to be downloading a game on Uplay or a different service in order for Steam to work...wtf

Kinda sounds like an issue I had with one of my routers.
Got a router?

Dr Dogg

Anustart

So, should I get spelunky then since I'm waiting for sotfs?

Man, I'm stoked I got a 55" tv coming and another controller. Steam gaming about to hit the stratosphere.

dex3108

It's still miles better than 2 and to be fair III is a massive open world where 2 is sectioned off.

Also is that vid encoded at 60fps but actually 30fps footage? The YouTube vid has options for 60fps but is clearly not so that's a chronic waste of bandwidth.

It is 1080p/30 as far as i know. But faces in W3 and character models are way better than W2 :D I believe that W3 will be amazing when they release him.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Apotheon got pushed back to first week of February. They've been waiting on Sony for a bit it seems.

I was expecting a delay given the end of January was fast approaching and it still had no unlock time on Steam. Hopefully this is the last one.

Maniac

Banned
Finally got an SSD coming from our resident PC god, Smokey. Problem is, my copy of Windows 8.1 came from my msdnaa account through my school which I no longer have access to. How can I get Windows on the ssd?

Wait, Smokey? SSD? WHAT IS THIS WIZARDRY. Smokeys sexy, btw.
So, should I get spelunky then since I'm waiting for sotfs?

Man, I'm stoked I got a 55" tv coming and another controller. Steam gaming about to hit the stratosphere.
Shit, 55"? Nice. Make & model? :eek:

And grats on the SSD and all ;)

By the way, I'd definitely recommend Spelunky. It's really good, and definitely one of my favourite controller games.
Spelunky is a fantastic game, you could do a lot worse

I second this statement.

Dr Dogg

It is 1080p/30 as far as i know. But faces in W3 and character models are way better than W2 :D I believe that W3 will be amazing when they release him.

Silly YouTube is lying to me then. Oh for sure, it's looking great as is, even more so considering it's an open world RPG. I'm sure there will be something along the lines of Uber Sampling 2.0 to melt PC's across the globe (well that or more cries of 'unoptimised rubbish'). I did catch a glimpse of an interview with a German website that mentioned about some of the higher options, which included shader effects not seen so far in released footage, but can't remember where it was and was when I was at work so don't have the history in front of me.

Maniac

Banned
Silly YouTube is lying to me then. Oh for sure, it's looking great as is, even more so considering it's an open world RPG. I'm sure there will be something along the lines of Uber Sampling 2.0 to melt PC's across the globe (well that or more cries of 'unoptimised rubbish'). I did catch a glimpse of an interview with a German website that mentioned about some of the higher options, which included shader effects not seen so far in released footage, but can't remember where it was and was when I was at work so don't have the history in front of me.

One of the gameplay videos I saw had a Q&A in german afterwards, it mentioned that they were using the 'High' preset, because the 'Ultra' preset wasn't available in the demo (or maybe couldn't run it, my german is slightly rusty)

dex3108

In PC gamer interview they mentioned that Supersampling will be in game.

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-witcher-3-level-designer-on-the-delay-pc-controls-and-world-building-2/

Knurek

yeah it is (was). You know it has a remake of sorts?
which I tried to play and never finished.
BTW have you played Alundra?

I know it has an ARPG NDS reimagining. It's 3D, NDS 3D at that. And is supposedly crappy. Didn't really want to try, anyway, NDS 3D is sort of hard to stomach.
Haven't played Alundra, but I did play Terranigma ages ago. Should replay that as well, I recall it was great.

Dr Dogg

One of the gameplay videos I saw had a Q&A in german afterwards, it mentioned that they were using the 'High' preset, because the 'Ultra' preset wasn't available in the demo (or maybe couldn't run it, my german is slightly rusty)

The thing about CDPR is that even if the Witcher III ships still needing some TLC you know they will keep on working and working on it until it's perfect. Well on PC any how.

HUD config sounds cool. Finger crossed that can go off easy enough. Pretty much guaranteed to be a DX11 title so no GeDoSaTo HUDless screenshot possibilities sadly.

iosefe

speaking of australian games, i wish i noticed that giveaway had Assault Android Cactus. i was in the middle of a skype call with friends only passively paying attnetion to the thread

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Meh, not a fan. I prefer the old haristyle.

Speaking of DoA5, is Tengu in it at all? I mean real Tengu, not Nyotengu.

Nyotengu replaced the old Tengu. She has most of his moveset plus new stuff.

I have the money, but do I really want to preorder DoA 5?

Wait for summer sale tbh and perhaps you can grab some sexy DLC for cheap too. In the end just buy the game whenever you can :p

If they are retail keys, they will be locked until release date.

Edit: The game is 17~GB for those interested.

I know the game is blocked from working until then. I'm new to pre-ordering from GS as far as PC codes go so I didn't know if they regularly send codes out early like GMG and others do.

titch

For people that use Enhanced Steam with Firefox! The latest Firefox update (35.0.1) fixes the crashing issue that people were experiencing.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/35.0.1/releasenotes/

Cool that Enhanced Steam's crash fix is right on top! :)

Sweet - dont think it ever crashed for me but yay anyway :)

I know it has an ARPG NDS reimagining. It's 3D, NDS 3D at that. And is supposedly crappy. Didn't really want to try, anyway, NDS 3D is sort of hard to stomach.
Haven't played Alundra, but I did play Terranigma ages ago. Should replay that as well, I recall it was great.

If your going down the Alundra route and you haven't already Wild Arms is a must.

Jawmuncher

I got in two games that will never be on PC!

Well get Xrd.
It will just be years later and no one will care as much like with blazeblue......I hope.
I had fun with Xrd though. The story mode is pretty cool since its just a anime movie. Sin, elphelt, and ram lethal are the best thing and steal the show though.

Chariot

Is your aunt hot tho
No.

Let's Play the Life is Strange demo - Eurogamer

This looks really good. I hope its as good as it looks and it sells well to get a second season.
Yeah, it looks really cool. I am not a fan how she just fat forward some things, but she gave some vital additional information like the music. Really dig the getting information and assets and using it after rewinding.

Really don't get how a lot of people complain about the graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom