• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

Ah, not bad. I hope for a one month delay for italian dub.

Or you could wait for a couple of days delay for Italian subs... :p

or just go sub eng, or sub free too, GoT is not extremely hard... I mean, it's not hard as The Wire, FFS, that hit my self esteem super hard in the crotch

Uzzy

Played the first two chapters of The Evil Within, and enjoyed it. Does the rest of the game hold up? Tempted to pick it up as its on sale.

Played the first two chapters of The Evil Within, and enjoyed it. Does the rest of the game hold up? Tempted to pick it up as its on sale.

Yep, gets a LOT better than the first 2 chapters. I still haven't finished it because I get nervous for some reason, but I loved what I played (I'm at chapter
)

DocSeuss

Modbot hates me. It's been weeks now. ;_;

--

The Evil Within gets better (the first two chapters suck, imo, and it starts getting good at 3), then it gets way, way worse. I stopped playing at the whole "teleporting dude in the mansion" segment and haven't looked back.

-MD-

Chapter 1 is great the first time and chapter 2 is still one of the best in the game but yes the rest of the game outside of chapters 11, 12 and maybe 15 are just as good imo.

The game is super replayable too, I've finished it 7 or 8 times by now.

The Evil Within gets better (the first two chapters suck, imo, and it starts getting good at 3), then it gets way, way worse. I stopped playing at the whole "teleporting dude in the mansion" segment and haven't looked back.

Ah chapter 9 was one of if not the best chapters in the game for me.

Modbot hates me. It's been weeks now. ;_;

--

I almost stopped there as well, that got in my nerves. Still, after that it gets better again, so I'm glad that I didn't stop.

Dr Dogg

That thread has given me a headache. I'm really sure a video labelled 'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - 15 minutes of Amazing Gameplay - 1080p - PC Version' is the Xbox One version becuase it has Xbox One button prompts. Uuuuurrrrrggghhhh! Why do peeps do it to themselves?

I think anyone expecting reveal footage to be representative of the final product, especially in the last decade or so, considering how early into development games are shown off these days and don't usually come together until the final weeks, ie years after they are first show off, are just asking to be disappointed. But that's how the marketing circus works sadly. Maybe if some folks stopped gagging for every morsel of footage things might change but I doubt it.

couple of weeks old

Finally in the last bit of CSD news I plan to have another installment of “How much do indie devs make anyways?” on Gamasutra later this month, outlining how my first bundle went, the last few Steam Sales, and the release of Battle Kitchen and the impact it had on profits. There’s a lot to break down and I can’t wait to share, including an update on whether or not I plan to move forward with CSD 1 on consoles (as there are a lot of technical hurdles to overcome with all the old code in that engine).

http://chubigans.tumblr.com/post/107238938499/2015-plans

can't wait

also two new games in development

Pachimari

Funny how I build my first gaming PC back in April, so I could play The Witcher 3 on max settings but that won't happen with my GTX 780.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cinders -- MB-2F6B7562924DE405 - Taken by iosefe. 16 entrants total.
Martian Memorandum -- MB-D0F487EF7A2AA7E2 - Taken by nja. 5 entrants total.

t1422303181z1.png

chronomac

That thread has given me a headache. I'm really sure a video labelled 'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - 15 minutes of Amazing Gameplay - 1080p - PC Version' is the Xbox One version becuase it has Xbox One button prompts. Uuuuurrrrrggghhhh! Why do peeps do it to themselves?

For all we know, though, the game could just support the Xbox One controller natively. It might have button prompts for the 360, PS4, and Xbox One layouts. Games in the past have done the first two. Don't see why you couldn't do the last one.

Phawx

Leaving work at 1PM today and WFH tomorrow. There is a many snow.

I do have good news though, Pixel Heroes is lots of fun.

Anustart

Anyone have a link to a 360 pad on amazon with the receiver for my pc? I always get confused looking for the damn thing and fearful I'll buy one that's not official from Microsoft.

Pachimari

Crap! I ruined the Dual Shock 4 controller I use for PC. The cable connecting the upper with the lower part of the controller fell off.

Grief.exe

Good chance this has been posted, but GSC just patched all three STALKER games.

Chapter 1 is great the first time and chapter 2 is still one of the best in the game but yes the rest of the game outside of chapters 11, 12 and maybe 15 are just as good imo.

The game is super replayable too, I've finished it 7 or 8 times by now.

Damn! I'm still playing REmake, will have to get back to Evil Within eventually.

I actually bought it day one, but the port quality really turned me away early on.

Milamber

No. I'm talking about the cable inside of the controller. Connecting the bottom half with the top half of the controller.

Oh... you've voided your warranty. Sorry. Best you can do is go to GreenHills stalls and ask if they can fix your controller if you can't repair it yourself.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Phawx

Anyone have a link to a 360 pad on amazon with the receiver for my pc? I always get confused looking for the damn thing and fearful I'll buy one that's not official from Microsoft.

I believe this is it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004QRKWKQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It ships and sold by Amazon, so not a third party. When you receive it, it should be all in one blister packed plastic.

They don't show the packaging picture, but I doubt Amazon itself is the business of selling counterfeit products.

Haunted

I'm so torn between wanting to watch people play The Talos Principle and wanting to not watch them until I've had a chance to play the game myself (waiting for a better deal).

Can't watch a LP without spoiling the puzzles. ;_;

first world problems

3 is the early peak and it never reaches that height again.

I personally liked the mansion chapter, but it certainly goes downhill from chapter 10 onwards.

Dr Dogg

For all we know, though, the game could just support the Xbox One controller natively. It might have button prompts for the 360, PS4, and Xbox One layouts. Games in the past have done the first two. Don't see why you couldn't do the last one.

Hahaha sorry I guess my surly, sarcy demeanour wasn't best conveyed in text alone. What I was trying to say there was a lot of folks convincing themselves it was the Xbox One version based solely on the fact it has cosponsoring button prompts in the video despite the fact the the video is explicitly titled PC Version (which I did highlight, bold, italicise and underline :p).

I never tend to judge a game until it's in my hands and can see what's what first hand. Plus I don't just buy games for shiny tech show pieces and graphics but with the interest in playing them. While The Witcher III doesn't look up to the initial reveal footage I'm still keen as mustard to play it. My main fears are I hope releasing on 3 platforms at the same time hasn't stifled development but I'll guess we'll see in around 4 months time.

chronomac

Hahaha sorry I guess my surly, sarcy demeanour wasn't best conveyed in text alone. What I was trying to say there was a lot of folks convincing themselves it was the Xbox One version based solely on the fact it has cosponsoring button prompts in the video despite the fact the the video is explicitly titled PC Version (which I did highlight, bold, italicise and underline :p).

Well now I feel dumb. Glad you cleared that up.

Dr Dogg

Lara Croft and the temple of Osiris has Xbox one prompts so I'm sure more game will.

To be fair all that changes is black background and coloured letter identification from the 360 prompts that were for the most part fully colour coded. Quite a few games in the last 18 months have used XO style prompts instead of the 360 ones. Thief was the first that I noticed it and Ryse threw me off as the Start and Back prompts are the 2 Overlaping Squares and Squiggly Lines button prompts (yeah I don't know what their bloody called alright).

Well now I feel dumb. Glad you cleared that up.

Don't worry about it. It's my fault for a poor explanation really.

Turfster

Daily Painkiller Hell Damnation 80% off
Weeklongs active
Humble weeklongs New
  • Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed
  • The Cave
  • Tristoy
  • Tri
  • Marvellous Miss Take
  • Medieval II Total War
  • Napoleon Total War
  • Kromaia
  • Master REboot
  • UFHO2
  • Heartlands
  • Clickr
  • Football Manager 2015
  • SKillTree
  • Joylancer
  • Jibs arcade
  • Rabbit Hole 3D
  • Gravity Badgers
  • Nowhere
  • Cosmonautica
  • Particle Mace
  • Void Destroyer
  • When Pigs Fly
  • Armello
  • HassleHeart
  • Blackguards 2
  • GalCiv III

Haunted

The lack of Steam sales data is infuriating sometimes. I'd love to know how successful something like Mount Your Friends was for the guy who made it.

It has to be with all the YT attention and discounts during summer sales, right?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Holy shit at those MacVenture Series releases. Gonna have to pick up the collection!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom