• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

KainXVIII

Nice price mistake for GTA5
tNF1zor.png

Leaving work at 1PM today and WFH tomorrow. There is a many snow.

I do have good news though, Pixel Heroes is lots of fun.
Oh is there a blizzard or regular snow? It has been snowing here in Germany as well the last days but not unusual amounts.
Still the cold gets me -_-'
Nice price mistake for GTA5
tNF1zor.png
I am not gonna lie. Even if it locked for me to activate, I still want to buy a couple copies of that.
Where are my Russian friends?

JINYX

Neo Member
anyone has any power supply recommendations? last one i had was therlmaltake 600w and it lasted a good while

any brands to avoid or whatever?

I personally have an EVGA 1000w P2 and absolutely love it. Assuming since your last power supply was a 600w they have a nice 750w 80 plus gold that's currently on sale on for 105$ at Amazon.

anyone has any power supply recommendations? last one i had was therlmaltake 600w and it lasted a good while

any brands to avoid or whatever?

there's no such thing as bad publicity

Are you able to buy stuff outside the country?
If you aren't, then your best option probably would be the XFX 650w semi modular ones that you can find on Mercadolibre. Seasonic innards, they are better than most stuff you'll find here.

rtcn63

If I was going 750W, I'd probably consider a Rosewill Capstone. The reviews appear quite positive, although the modular version seems out of stock in some places. I've only had ~400W Corsairs and Seasonics myself.

As for what to avoid- pretty much any line that's known for being a gross offender of coil whine. Which is a lot of the better makes. (Corsair and Seasonic in particular, sadly)

Anustart

So gaf, to buy Dark Souls 2 DLC or to wait for Scholar of the First Sin, that is the question.

I will judge your answers on earnestness, any sources you cite, and penmanship.

Corpekata

Banned
So gaf, to buy Dark Souls 2 DLC or to wait for Scholar of the First Sin, that is the question.

It's only like 3 months until scholar, and we have no clue if Namco will offer any sort of sane upgrade path. Might as well wait and explore it while the game is prettier and see the rebalanced content.

Knurek

Be a good consumer and buy them both. Preferably with no discount.
Scamco CEO needs to have his yearly bonus, you know?

It's only like 3 months until scholar, and we have no clue if Namco will offer any sort of sane upgrade path. Might as well wait and explore it while the game is prettier and see the rebalanced content.
I am actually kinda afraid that with the new version coming the DLC and original DS2 will be yanked and I will only have DS2 without ability to get DLC :/

Dr Dogg

I get the feeling when Scholar of the First Sin releases, vanilla Dark Souls II and the seasons pass might get removed. Seems to be the case with a lot of the rereleases so far (Deus Ex HR, Sleepy Dawgs, Metro etc).

Edit: Damn it Veggie!

Corpekata

Banned
I get the feeling when Scholar of the First Sin releases, vanilla Dark Souls II and the seasons pass might get removed. Seems to be the case with a lot of the rereleases so far (Deus Ex HR, Sleepy Dawgs, Metro etc).

Edit: Damn it Veggie!

None of those games had multiplayer. It would also be kind of weird to release the big patch they have planned on 2/5 just to nuke it from orbit in 2 months.

Dr Dogg

None of those games had multiplayer. It would also be kind of weird to release the big patch they have planned on 2/5 just to nuke it from orbit in 2 months.

Good point. Well that and it is Bamco publishing and they just love money.

GTAV will go on to sell like gangbusters on the Steam store front.

Edit: ;)

Hahaha don't worry Phawx you could say with your current avatar you already had the winky face (like I've got a sulky one :p). Though it all ready bloody has to be fair but I'm sure the sensible people have already backed PoE.

Arthea

Neptunia releases the day after tomorrow, and you talk gta and other insignificant games? way to go steamgaf, wtg

I just realized that Darkest Dungeon and Life Is Strange release on the same day. Fuck. What do I do, what do I do?!!

Darkest Dungeon is an EA game, Life is Strange is episodic and nowhere near finished, why would you even consider playing any of those? lack of backlog, I suppose?

Chariot

Darkest Dungeon is an EA game, Life is Strange is episodic and nowhere near finished, why would you even consider playing any of those? lack of backlog, I suppose?
I backed Darkest Dungeon, why wouldn't I play it when it comes out? And well, I bought Life is Strange on a whim, but it looks very promising, I watched the Eurogamer Demo play and it really looks fun and atmospheric.

Arthea

Lufia 2 is so, so good.
Easily the third best SNES RPG.

yeah it is (was). You know it has a remake of sorts?
which I tried to play and never finished.
BTW have you played Alundra?

I backed Darkest Dungeon, why wouldn't I play it when it comes out? And well, I bought Life is Strange on a whim, but it looks very promising, I watched the Eurogamer Demo play and it really looks fun and atmospheric.

I have this thing for Finnish games (well Polish too actually) and I tend to forget that not all people have.
Well Life is Strange will be still only first episode, as well you may see what you backed, no?

I posted a little bit ago about Steam not working properly for me. It was as if right as I open Steam, it kills the internet all together. I have just found that it works perfectly if I have uplay open and downloading a game at the same time...very strange. I wanted to test to see if I could download anything. I have uplay open, downloading watch dogs(going extremely slow). I opened steam fine, and have download several games, while watch dogs isnt even halfway done.

TLDR: I have to be downloading a game on Uplay or a different service in order for Steam to work...wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom