• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
No.

Yeah, it looks really cool. I am not a fan how she just fat forward some things, but she gave some vital additional information like the music. Really dig the getting information and assets and using it after rewinding.

Really don't get how a lot of people complain about the graphics.

Looks better than Telltale Games and maybe the only complain I would have is the weird strand of hair Max has that you can see in between on top of the head which is mostly part of the styling than anything. The game animates beautifully and seems to have an interesting atmosphere going for it.

Dr Dogg

Looks like I can wait to buy a card then.

Funnily I'd say now is almost a perfect time to pick a a new card, well going from another forum I kick about on and the amount of folks offloading 970's in the members stuff to sale thread because they are somehow not to their liking all of a sudden. I mean most of them were pleased as punch with their cards, performance and especially price when they got them based on actual use but the second someone comes along as say's there's some issues they can't wait to wash there hands of them. Funny old world.

funkypie

Banned
why is steam so expensive these days? apart from the sales, I find steam quite expensive. £22 for the homeworld HD for example.

even shit like dying light £50+ . when was a PC game ever that expensive in the last 5 years?

Chariot

Looks better than Telltale Games and maybe the only complain I would have is the weird strand of hair Max has that you can see in between on top of the head which is mostly part of the styling than anything. The game animates beautifully and seems to have an interesting atmosphere going for it.
Yeah, I really like the art direction. Looks a lot less muddy than most games.

why is steam so expensive these days? apart from the sales, I find steam quite expensive. £22 for the homeworld HD for example.

even shit like dying light £50+ . when was a PC game ever that expensive in the last 5 years?
Huh, steam was always like everyone else when it comes to regular prices. The sales are the big thing in steam.

Turfster

Of Orcs and Men's combat is... rough.
I see what they were going for, but it's damn easy to get overwhelmed

... and then I broke it, sort of, when Styx was stuck in one part of the map and couldn't go on without Arkail, and Arkail couldn't go on without Styx... and they were standing almost nose to nose...

Grief.exe

Blame the publishers on that one.

I can see why Gearbox was referencing cost and feature creep on the Homeworld remasters though, no one expected that large of a change.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Chronicles of a Dark Lord Episode 1 -- MB-B8A002C746053BD8 - Taken by GaussTek
Possibly claimed already, sorry in advance if it is

Of Orcs and Men's combat is... rough.
I see what they were going for, but it's damn easy to get overwhelmed.

It's been a while since I played it but first, upgrade all your gear. It's cheap and provides a huge boost. Second have Arkail in "tank" mode and constantly taunt and stun. Then have styx run around applying all his dots and debuffs on the enemies one by one. You'll still get lunched every now and then.

Finally came home from the hospital to this little gem :

XGvzqgg.png

Thanks Atraveller for the gift!!

Dreavus

Is there any way to set an alert in steam for when a game goes on sale that you already own? Looking to gift some DLC but I want to wait for a price drop.

So Saints Row 4 on Xbox One has V-SYNC option. You can even set it on gameplay and cutscenes independently. I don't remember ever seeing such things on a console.

can't wait for witcha 3

damn those videos look cool
I know right?
So what with all the Witcher III hoopla today I decided to fire up the Witcher 2 (seeing as I've been lazy and not deleting stuff after my SSD spending spree). Considering it's almost 4 years old it's still a great looking title, even when comparing it to some newer stuff. Granted the draw distance and LOD scaling is painfully short (though Eats' mod does sort issues). And Drowner's are just as much dicks as I remember.
Too bad Igni is no longer all directional, couldn't just spam it and be done with them.

So Saints Row 4 on Xbox One has V-SYNC option. You can even set it on gameplay and cutscenes independently. I don't remember ever seeing such things on a console.
Bioshock 1 had a vsync option back when it came out. Played it on the 360 and PS3 and both versions had it. Heck, I wanna say that every bioshock had that option.

def sim

Time to buy Grim Fandango.

Every Saints Row console version has had the feature ever since they patched it in the first game, IIRC.

MUnited83

For you.

While v-synch options are fairly rare on the console end they are nothing new. Bioshock for the PS3 and 360 had it. As did Bioshock Infinite for PS3 and 360 if I recall correctly. Not sure about Bio 2.

jediyoshi

The two Steam games of the year I've purchased so far are Gat out of Hell for $5 and Life is Strange for $12. I might make it out of 2015 alive.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Did you mine my wishlisted stuff? You did, didn't you =p
Why no 868-HACK?

no, I did not ... you just wishlist everything ;)

as for HACK - I already posted it in my previous "best of coming soon" batch ;) you never read my posts ; _ ;

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
What's this Avatar bet? I'll take it.

The loser will use an humiliating avatar for 1 month. If those games dont make it this year you change your avatar to the abomination I come up with or if they come out I shall take the avatar you give me.

zkylon

zkylewd
I personally have an EVGA 1000w P2 and absolutely love it. Assuming since your last power supply was a 600w they have a nice 750w 80 plus gold that's currently on sale on for 105$ at Amazon.
Are you able to buy stuff outside the country?
If you aren't, then your best option probably would be the XFX 650w semi modular ones that you can find on Mercadolibre. Seasonic innards, they are better than most stuff you'll find here.
hmm alright

will see what i'm recommended at the pc store

can't really afford nothing too fancy

I know right?

i just hope it's light on the skyrimness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom