• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Right, but we're worried about the engine and what it will mean for Cyberpunk 2077 which we'll be playing with augmented eyes.

if TW3's release date is anything to go by - that year in the title might as well be the release date ;)

Articalys

7ArL1DX.png
Okay, now I'm done.

Milamber

How many years has that game been in the hyping? Iirc there was a limited... "print" of the game and then it was pulled from stores?

No idea about limited print runs. I got it in the Philippines at that time. If that was true, I could have sold it for a ton of cash by now. Damn.

zkylon

zkylewd
nanking nanking: city of life and death is a good movie

pretty depressing, but excellent still

recommend it

Grim doesn't look like my type of adventure game, but I could pick it up when it's on sale and give it a spin.

there's not many types f adventure games

there's good ones like grim and monkey 2

and there's shit ones like the walking ded

do you like shit type???

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lashman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Manhunter -- MB-498E797771B3E1B3 - Taken by Milamber. 2 entrants total.
Basketball Pro Management 2014 -- MB-2B46EB7380821D82 - Taken by WinterDemons. 2 entrants total.
Marine Sharpshooter II: Jungle Warfare -- MB-64AE3A2416794CA2 - Taken by RedFyn
Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory -- MB-8594783E50D3B98B - Taken by Darth Kupi. 3 entrants total.
Words for Evil -- MB-0B1AC9AFEFFEAC64 - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
Grimind -- MB-94083F24C7D2F3F3 - Taken by Tesseract. 3 entrants total.
Psichodelya -- MB-47ACA79F3A153356 - Taken by brassica. 1 entrants total.

t1422340141z1.png

Miguel81

there's not many types f adventure games

there's good ones like grim and monkey 2

and there's shit ones like the walking ded

do you like shit type???

Just more into the Sierra-era games like King's Quest VI, Laura Bow The Colonel's Bequest/Dagger of Amon Ra, Quest for Glory 1-4, Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers. I also love Blade Runner by Westwood Studios.

If Snatcher/Policenauts count then those are great as well.

I guess fantasy, mystery, and cyberpunk styles are more my thing. Grim looks like noir with a comedic touch and it's not something that interested me at release. I never say never, so I could end up liking it. Like I said, I'll wait for a sale.

Did you all purchase Grim Fandango yet?

Not yet. If I could get it for ~$10 I'd get it right now, as I really want it. Until that day comes I'm content to wait for a sale (I've actually got the original CD around here somewhere, I think. Maybe I should just go back and get used to the tank controls again...).

zkylon

zkylewd
Just more into the Sierra-era games like King's Quest VI, Laura Bow The Colonel's Bequest/Dagger of Amon Ra, Quest for Glory 1-4, Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers. I also love Blade Runner by Westwood Studios.

If Snatcher/Policenauts count then those are great as well.

I guess fantasy, mystery, and cyberpunk styles are more my thing. Grim looks like noir with a comedic touch and it's not something that interested me at release. I never say never, so I could end up liking it. Like I said, I'll wait for a sale.
play it, eventually

it's too good of a game not to

I've only seen the documentary of Nanking and the John Rabe biopic.
It's a very depressing part of history.

highly recommend nanking nanking

me and a friend are gonna go watch hobbit 3 on wednesday and we promised each other we'd watch a good movie to compensate to the world. i told him to watch cafe de flore, he got me nanking nanking lol

both are really good movies

Jame Retief

Neo Member
Is there any way to set an alert in steam for when a game goes on sale that you already own? Looking to gift some DLC but I want to wait for a price drop.

Probably isthereanydeal and set up email alerts.

If that isn't sufficient, you could setup a new email account and then use that new email address to setup a new Steam account just for creating a wishlist. All you would need to do then is have your new email account automatically forward incoming email alerts to your regular email account. A bit convoluted but it would achieve the end result you are looking for.

dani_dc

Did you all purchase Grim Fandango yet?
Played it a few years ago, thought the controls were substandard, the puzzles were mostly obtuse and the overall storyline was too disconnected between each act. Great writing and VA though.

Basically, a signature Tim Schafer game.

What I'm saying is that I'll wait for the 75% off.

Milamber

Played it a few years ago, thought the controls were substandard
IIRC, It was the first tank control type PnC game so some jank is acceptable.

the puzzles were mostly obtuse
No more obtuse than a chicken and pulley.

and the overall storyline was too disconnected between each act.
Was it because of the years in between. I think it was handled pretty well. Granted, I did play it years ago though. Don't know how my opinion will change now. I prefer to keep it that way though.

i hope the dev commentary is good
Crap, there's Dev commentary too!? Between this and achievements... Ugh.

Vuze

Dying Light preload finally finished! Hope it doesn't run like hot garbage on PC haha. Did we hear anything from consumers about the PC version yet? Probably not but who knows, maybe some smaller outlet or non-paid mid-size YouTube channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom