• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phawx

Super productive night.

Dying Light
Gravity Ghost
Grim Fandango RM
Move or Die
Pix The Cat
TorqueL

Feels good to semi-cross them off the list. Want to try to do a longplay of Grim Fandango Remastered.

i hope the dev commentary is good

It's pretty good so far, but it's not exactly easy to find them. There are trigger areas that pop a notification to start the dev commentary.

I have a short LP going on tomorrow morning that demos all of the additions and what-not.

Dying Light preload finally finished! Hope it doesn't run like hot garbage on PC haha. Did we hear anything from consumers about the PC version yet? Probably not but who knows, maybe some smaller outlet or non-paid mid-size YouTube channel.

Runs reasonably well on my i5 Sandy bridge era 3Ghz CPU with R9 290 overclocked 10%. Everything on ultra minus the Nvidia stuffs and 50% render distance. When I crank the render distance up to 100%, I hover around 25~FPS

Speevy

Banned
My buddy Xmun used to assure me that Grim Fandango was among the greatest games ever released.

Was he over-exaggerating or is it really that good?

Phawx

My buddy Xmun used to assure me that Grim Fandango was among the greatest games ever released.

Was he over-exaggerating or is it really that good?

It truly is an excellent LA Adventure game. And now that it has PnC and the updated lighting/textures it almost feels modern with a pre-rendered 90s rendered feel.

But the voice acting and comedy is top notch. I don't know why but the line that's like, "I just locked an open door, that's something-something symbolic" But how the guy delivers the line, I don't know. It's funny.

I think that's why I like LA games so much. The characters are not really breaking the fourth wall, but they are traipsing around it elegantly.

Lain

Played some more of Venetica, made it to a windmill after escaping my village and was greeted by a crash to desktop.
After reloading, doing some battles, completing an event and watching a cutscene, I got control back to my character stuck in the ground.
If there is one thing that can be said about this game, is that it sure is glitchy and somewhat buggy. At least it feels fun so far, and it was relatively cheap.

Speevy

Banned
Bringing back the classics

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-3592C56F5D39B49B - Taken by NingenJanai. 63 entrants total.

t1422358082z1.png

Vuze

Runs reasonably well on my i5 Sandy bridge era 3Ghz CPU with R9 290 overclocked 10%. Everything on ultra minus the Nvidia stuffs and 50% render distance. When I crank the render distance up to 100%, I hover around 25~FPS
Oh that sounds pretty good! Hope it will work just fine here on my i5/970 as well.

Zeliard

Played it a few years ago, thought the controls were substandard, the puzzles were mostly obtuse and the overall storyline was too disconnected between each act. Great writing and VA though.

Basically, a signature Tim Schafer game.

Listen, you.

You with the opinion I deeply disagree with.

You'll stop having that opinion, won't you?

Nuuvem is amazing. Not only do they already have by far the best price for TW3 but they offer further discounts if you mail them proof that you own the 2 previous games.

DocSeuss

SIX THOUSAND, TWO HUNDRED WORDS.

AND IT'S NOT EVEN REALLY TUESDAY YET.

Suffice it to say, my week's been pretty busy. Published that Pre-Sequel review on Steam, Kotaku's publishing a piece I've got tomorrow, and possibly this one I just submitted on Friday, AND I blogged about the core of a good shooter.

Now to go write about Wolfenstein and Thief: The Dark Project.

--

EDIT: I would do filthy things for a copy of that game wot ya'll are talking about. I've never played a "classic" adventure game before, and I hear it's a good one.

EDIT 2: Dying Light has an FOV slider and it's SUPER SMOOTH SO FAR

Arthea

wait... so Indiegala lies? It says you get WORDS FOR EVIL steam key if you buy a bundle, I thought it was extra, but it's just a key for this game in the bundle, talk about misleading.

meanwhile in Alphadia Genesis, I still can't beat last bosses of Arena, being near the end of a game and all that... still no chances, this game is mean. I can return later and I probably will, although I begin to suspect that I might not get 100% completion as I hoped and tried to achieve. We'll see soon enough

Arthea

Oh god forget it then.

Have we passed from the age where everyone copied CoD to everyone coping AC? Cos I think this is worse.

not really, just as bad.
I wish I could understand why AssCreed is so popular and embrace it,
I wished the same with CoD or GTA or the Elder Scrolls (><)
nah, not really, but seriously, it makes no sense, no sense at all

Oh god forget it then.

Have we passed from the age where everyone copied CoD to everyone coping AC? Cos I think this is worse.

Does this mean JaseC will play Dying Light?

I think what's bad is getting a uniform market where most AAA games are similar, I'd prefer a market where there's a huge variety of AAA genres.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
wait... so Indiegala lies? It says you get WORDS FOR EVIL steam key if you buy a bundle, I thought it was extra, but it's just a key for this game in the bundle, talk about misleading.

meanwhile in Alphadia Genesis, I still can't beat last bosses of Arena, being near the end of a game and all that... still no chances, this game is mean. I can return later and I probably will, although I begin to suspect that I might not get 100% completion as I hoped and tried to achieve. We'll see soon enough

IndieGala is offering a DRM free version of Words for Evil, input your email and they will send a link to the download page. Purchasing the bundle gets you a Steam key for the game.

Knurek

not really, just as bad.
I wish I could understand why AssCreed is so popular and embrace it,
I wished the same with CoD or GTA or the Elder Scrolls (><)
nah, not really, but seriously, it makes no sense, no sense at all

AssCreed feels to me like a direct evolution of Rare N64 platform titles.
You know, Banjo Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64, etc.
Ubi just added some nonsensical, easily skipable story bits. They well know everyone is just playing their games for the ability to collect doodads.

Arthea

IndieGala is offering a DRM free version of Words for Evil, input your email and they will send a link to the download page. Purchasing the bundle gets you a Steam key for the game.
the game is in the bundle, so the steam key is not free, it's in the bundle you buy, that's why I said this is misleading as they make it sound that you can get an extra steam key, at least that's how I understood it: if you opt for a free game and buy a bundle.

AssCreed feels to me like a direct evolution of Rare N64 platform titles.
You know, Banjo Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64, etc.
Ubi just added some nonsensical, easily skipable story bits. They well know everyone is just playing their games for the ability to collect doodads.
I don't think BK or DK were that popular, tho and that's what I can't comprehend. I understand people liking all kinds of games, even AssCreed or CoD, just that overwhelming popularity makes no sense to me.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
NASCAR '14 is on sale for $7.99 (80% off) at Amazon

It has been pulled from Steam because Eutechnyx sold the license to a mysterious new developer DMi Games, which is under the decidedly all-business HC2 Holdings. While Ed Martin seems to have been decently enough involved with the franchise to handle it well, one cannot be too sure if this is a good or a bad thing for it, and $8 for the confirmed-decent one isn't bad, especially since the product of the new company will be '16, with '15 just being a patch for '14.

That said, a game developer based in Charlotte, North Carolina might be better at capturing the NASCAR je ne sais quoi better than one based in Dunston, Gateshead.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
the game is in the bundle, so the steam key is not free, it's in the bundle you buy, that's why I said this is misleading as they make it sound that you can get an extra steam key, at least that's how I understood it: if you opt for a free game and buy a bundle.

IndieGala text:

FREE game! Insert your email address to grab a DRM-free copy of Words for Evil!
Buy the bundle for $1.49 or more if you would like a Steam key of Words for Evil.

I think you misread the text. But I have an extra Words for Evil key if you need another one.

Dr Dogg

Well shit I'm about to go all binarypork/X05 quote wall on the thread. Don't kill me :(

Finally came home from the hospital to this little gem :

Thanks Atraveller for the gift!!

Wait, since when is Prey redeemable on Steam?

FAKE EDIT: oh shit, it really is.
206QXqE.png

mindblown.gif

Yeah, yeah, now where's the rest of your desktops?

Too bad Igni is no longer all directional, couldn't just spam it and be done with them.

Well at least the I can complain about awkward controls after CDPR put in pretty good controller support.

Next step should be a game based on:
Convoy.jpg

While Convoy might be the quintessential 'trucker' film I don't think I've ever paid attention the whole way through when it been on due to being bored stupid. Defiantly needed something to add a bit more suspense or drama like Duel or christ even Smokey and the Bandit did. Or maybe what we really need is a gaming rendition of...

Witcher 3 PC recommended specs run game at 30fps - reddit

oh boy ... something tells me this thread isn't going to end well ;)

Probably not but some folks are 'Ultra or Death!'. When 2 came out it could punish any PC on the market (which in my eyes is a good thing) but even before the Enhanced Edition update could scale down very, very well. But hey some people see 30fps and go bat shit bananas and thing CDPR have one and gimped the game when that's far, far from the truth.

Did you all purchase Grim Fandango yet?

I'm doing the stupid 'buy no more games this year' thing. I'll crumble eventually but it's no. 2 on my wishlist.

i wonder if nier could ever be released on steam

unlikely with cavia being dead but still

would love to play it all again

While Nier may have some horrible looking visuals it still has a cracking soundtrack, engaging story and probably one of the best uses of New Game Plus I've seen. Still need to grab the DLC at some point but I wouldn't say no to a Steamy version, not like it's ever happening.

Chariot

I got a code from GMG that gives 25% on the Life is Strange Season Pass that also somehow works on Dying Light. Anyone want that thing?

zkylon

zkylewd
nier hd remaster steam and next gen consoles

selectable nier
japanese dub
ost included
hd textures
free drakengard 1

mark my words: valve will announce it at gdc

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-3592C56F5D39B49B - Taken by NingenJanai. 63 entrants total.

t1422358082z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom