• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

SteamGAF you should play The Talos Principle, game is really good. Game is pushing you to think outside of the box and story is making you think about certain things that i won't spoil you :D

Try Demo if you are not sure.

derExperte

Android Assault Cactus is motherf'n hard. Not sure yet if it's because I'm bad or because there's too much going on but I'm still enjoying myself and it's obvious that the game has come far since I played an earlier version last year (or 2013).

Nabs

Woolfe just hit Early Access ($9.99). It looks like it'll be there 2 months:

ss_65503344c8936e9b8a0d9c231c6e9c55f09a591a.jpg

ss_1fdddd7c14403cde8f22ceaecb0cefbdfcc472f3.jpg

Android Assault Cactus is motherf'n hard. Not sure yet if it's because I'm bad or because there's too much going on but I'm still enjoying myself and it's obvious that the game has come far since I played an earlier version last year (or 2013).

Yeah, it's a toughy. It gets easier as you get better and find the right character for your playstyle.

Nete

Speaking of: Will the Remastered Version of this be a minimal effort as well or can we expect some Monkey Island 2 Special Edition-esque "proper Remaster"?

The use of "Special Edition" on the title instead of "Remastered" makes me think it will be closer to the Monkey Island treatment. Even more when there was already an almost finished DOTT SE that they can use or salvage from.

Those guys at nuuvem are fantastic. They sent me the discount code for TW3 about an hour after I mailed them proof of owning the previous games.
The person didn't just sent the code and called it a day either, he was really nice.
Keep in mind that it's the GOG version though. They're also giving away a copy of neverwinter nights diamond edition and some extras I'm not seeing on the steam page.
Not bad for around 25 euros.

Dr Dogg

Are the pre-orders bonus also delayed?
(As in, I get more time to decided if I want to toss money at it?)

Well I'd imagine the release date is just being pushed back so essentially you're still pre-purchasing it. Here's what it says on the store page.

In order to provide you with the best experience possible, the expected release date for Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on Steam has been changed from Feb. 17 to March 30. In appreciation for your patience, we'll be offering the Halloween 2013 Set (28 costumes) free of charge to all users who purchase Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on Steam.

Thank you for your understanding!

Online modes for Dead or Alive 5 Last Round will be added in a patch within 3 months of release.

Apparently the online mode delay was always there and not new.

Have we put an APB out on Orange yet? Just want to make sure he's still alive.

Yeah, yeah, now where's the rest of your desktops?

I cropped out all the huniepop stuff. Didn't want to steel Milamber schtick.

What's with the Sack of Gem prices lately? Why would people be crafting boosters when sack prices are $0.65 and only a handful of games make sense. I just want to craft my for profit waifu cards when sacks were $0.53.

...I forgot gems still exist....

Who keeps piling skulls in dungeons like that? One of these days there should be an alcove with a huge pile of skeletons without skulls, just to show you where the rest of the bones go.

That would be a great hidden cutscene...meeting the interior decorator for these dungeons and the conversation between the hero and this weird little npc (or he/she could be a level boss, and after you beat him the levels change to look they everything's in disarray.

Uzzy

Steeling ashecitism's thunder but DOA 5: LR delayed until 30th March and other stuff.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=980378

PoE claiming another victim in March.

It was bad enough that they were planning on launching without an online mode, but now there's a delay and they're still not launching with an online mode? Kinda worrying. Guess waiting and seeing what the quality is like is the best move at this point.

Alavard

I finally started up The Evil Within the other day, which I'd purchased during the Winter Sale, and have to say I'm actually really digging it. I was super pleased to see they'd patched in the ability to completely disable the letter boxing (aside from cutscenes) and an option for 60 fps lock.

I'm near the end of chapter 5, and even actually enjoying how absolutely insane and nonsensical the story has been.

Bringing back the classics
Damn, I should adjust my sleep rhythm to USA to not miss these things -_-

Just downloaded and watched this.

Holy smokes. Holy smokes!

It looks insanely good. And contrary to Skyrim the world does look like not having big patches of emptiness too.

Wow, I should play Witcher 1&2 as soon as possible. Hope my rig can handle those.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm much more pumped about the DOTT Remaster than Grim Fandango, but that might be due to seeing how little of an improvement was made to the look of the game for GF. I don't really know what I was expecting, but this is definitely more of a re-release than a remaster. Not that I'm complaining about an easier way to play the game, but it's fallen into the "wait for a sale" category for me.

Tizoc

I'm much more pumped about the DOTT Remaster than Grim Fandango, but that might be due to seeing how little of an improvement was made to the look of the game for GF. I don't really know what I was expecting, but this is definitely more of a re-release than a remaster. Not that I'm complaining about an easier way to play the game, but it's fallen into the "wait for a sale" category for me.

So what $60 game did you buy recently ;P

Dr Dogg

I definitely think clear definitions need to be pointed between what constitutes a Remake, a Remaster and a Port. The marketing bods have certainly confused some folks where something like Saints Row IV Relected being nothing more than a port getting labelled as a remaster (which is a term in itself does my nut in).

Saying that it's mainly console centric so I'll live. Hey maybe Sega could make a comeback with a new console and rerelease all of the older games again but every so slightly shinier. The Remaster System.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom