• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So what $60 game did you buy recently ;P

How much is $60 in GBP? £40? I haven't bought one in a very long time. Last time I spent that much on a game was probably Bioshock Infinite for the PS3, and I regretted spending full price on that. Other than that the most expensive games I've bought recently were probably Wolfenstein TNO and South Park close to release (but at reduced prices) and the game I've spent most time on recently is Binding of Isaac Rebirth which I got for about £6-7.

With regards to Grim Fandango I wouldn't have a problem paying the full price for a more significant visual overhaul to the game, but seeing as I've played it before and the only real draw for me is the improved controls, I can wait a while until it reaches the price I'm happy to pay for it. I guess it's not an expensive game, but I don't see a problem in waiting for a sale when I've no pressing desire to get it immediately.

I like to call it the cultish Jesus. Smokes, drinks,
convinces mass suicide except not really.
post-28880-Carl-Sagan-youre-awesome-gif-H-IPyK.gif

Surprisingly having an easier time with Hexcells Infinite than Plus. Those randomized levels aren't fun though. Do I really have to do 60? I want that 100%...

Backlogger

When did HLTB get added to store pages via ES? Great feature!

And why does Witcher 2 have trading cards, but it seems as if Witcher 1 does not :(

Tizoc

Spend $40 USD on a single digital game?

4UTeI.gif

Hey I spent $60 on Rayman Legend digital on PS3, worth every cent~

How much is $60 in GBP? £40? I haven't bought one in a very long time. Last time I spent that much on a game was probably Bioshock Infinite for the PS3, and I regretted spending full price on that. Other than that the most expensive games I've bought recently were probably Wolfenstein TNO and South Park close to release (but at reduced prices) and the game I've spent most time on recently is Binding of Isaac Rebirth which I got for about £6-7.

With regards to Grim Fandango I wouldn't have a problem paying the full price for a more significant visual overhaul to the game, but seeing as I've played it before and the only real draw for me is the improved controls, I can wait a while until it reaches the price I'm happy to pay for it. I guess it's not an expensive game, but I don't see a problem in waiting for a sale when I've no pressing desire to get it immediately.

Fair enough =3

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yeah, I mean I'm not telling people that they can't enjoy a game that they've got at full price and feel like they've got their money's worth, but everyone's situation is different. I personally don't have a lot of time to play games these days so the amount I'm willing to spend on them has dropped dramatically.

Tizoc

Yeah, I mean I'm not telling people that they can't enjoy a game that they've got at full price and feel like they've got their money's worth, but everyone's situation is different. I personally don't have a lot of time to play games these days so the amount I'm willing to spend on them has dropped dramatically.

I know the feeling when you ain't got the time for all them fun games =/

Backlogger

This is why I find it hard to justify as well. If I buy a full priced game I can almost guarantee it will be half the price or lower by the time I beat it. Plus I am completely content buying older games on the cheap and playing them 2+ years after the fact.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
When did HLTB get added to store pages via ES? Great feature!

Thanks! It's been there for ages but I have to manually link the data from HLTB to a game's App ID on Steam and it's a daunting and never ending task. I thought I was doing pretty good when Steam only had about 2,000 games and I had 400 of them linked. Now I have about 800 games linked but there are almost 4,500 games on Steam. I've tried reaching out to the site admins but they've been quite uncooperative.

It's obviously never going to be 100%, but I've always thought about crowd-sourcing that portion though I've found it a difficult thing to moderate.

Turfster

Fuck you, car.
No games for me.
Anyway, enough whining.

Gamestop has a FF4+7+8 bundle for 15$

GMG has a 25% off coupon for Life is Strange and Dying Light HYEHZ0-GNKD1A-GFNGMQ
Their Deal of the Day is Vanishing of Ethan Carter 40% off, 52% off with 20PERO-FFDIGI-GAMESX

Nuuvem has a Batman bundle (City, Origins (vanilla), Blackgate Deluxe) 80% off

Go to the discussion board. There is a thread with seeds for easy/small levels.

It's no a matter of easy or small. I could mess up anytime and still get it completed. I've been completing them from 2 to 5 minutes, even the bigger ones. Compared to a normal level that's just not compelling. But thanks anyway.

Chariot

It's no a matter of easy or small. I could mess up anytime and still get it completed. I've been completing them from 2 to 5 minutes, even the bigger ones. Compared to a normal level that's just not compelling. But thanks anyway.
There is also a thread for seeds with interesting and challenging levels.

Backlogger

Thanks! It's been there for ages but I have to manually link the data from HLTB to a game's App ID on Steam and it's a daunting and never ending task. I thought I was doing pretty good when Steam only had about 2,000 games and I had 400 of them linked. Now I have about 800 games linked but there are almost 4,500 games on Steam. I've tried reaching out to the site admins but they've been quite uncooperative.

It's obviously never going to be 100%, but I've always thought about crowd-sourcing that portion though I've found it a difficult thing to moderate.

Seems odd to me that they would be uncooperative, unless they think by putting the info directly on Steam that they would lose clicks. Seems it would only help though because you are adding a link back to their page plus a button to add your own time.

Nuuvem has a Batman bundle (City, Origins (vanilla), Blackgate Deluxe) 80% off

What an odd bundle. Should be Origins DLC instead of City...

perhaps there is something that can bring me over to anime-steam's side, with your hunie pops and your dead or alive preorder pushes.

that something might be Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. I would love to see a PC version just so that the stupid renaming of the characters here in the west can be undone by a nice person with modding capabilities and a fondness for classic rock music.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-730706AE7A4B24C1 - Taken by wilflare

MUnited83

For you.
Bundle Stars Havoc Bundle http://bstars.co/5uuquw

LEVEL 22
Kick-Ass 2 - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Poof vs The Cursed Kitty - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Cloud Chamber - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Robot Rescue Revolution - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Fly'N - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
99 Spirits - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Dungeon Lurk II - Leona
Desert Ashes - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)

wilflare

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-730706AE7A4B24C1 - Taken by wilflare

curiosity killed the cat
I can't activate this lol since I don't own the base game

Backlogger

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Fly'N -- MB-9E4FB438B4DE4111 - Taken by drakaenae
LEVEL 22 -- MB-99453A524C34877C - Taken by Madn
Desert Ashes -- MB-47A42FB5EB6FAB0E - Taken by nightstorm
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves -- MB-39E20B3D44B312C1 - Taken by fallout
Robot Rescue Revolution -- MB-A838E92CF7EBBA2A - Taken by Kifimbo

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.

ModBot Basics:

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-7A63E9112E5377E1 - Taken by Nzyme32

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It's worth it going in off-topic every so often so that you can really make up your mind on posters in general. Thanks Deflate-gate for showing me so much true color.

Jawmuncher

Wow so "Raid Mode Throwback Map Pack, Character Costume Pack" is $15 more? That seems kinda... steep.

It's inline with the Retail Price which is the same exact price with the same contents.
Which now looking at it was probably upped higher so they could say the 40 dollar retail has value or something.

Tizoc

It's inline with the Retail Price which is the same exact price with the same contents.
Which now looking at it was probably upped higher so they could say the 40 dollar retail has value or something.

How much do you think Nuuvem will offer for it?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.

ModBot Basics:

One Piece Online Open Beta -- MB-0F82622336C4E8CE - Taken by BernardoOne

Megasoum

Banned
How long does it normally takes for the library in the Steam iOS app to refresh?

I redeemed my Dying Light key in steam on my work pc earlier this morning and I'm trying to install it remotely on my home pc using the ios app but the game is not showing up in my library on the phone.

autoduelist

My buddy Xmun used to assure me that Grim Fandango was among the greatest games ever released.

Was he over-exaggerating or is it really that good?

Don't get too overhyped or it'll never live up to your expectations, but yes, it's among the greatest games ever released. It's arguably the best of genre, with solid puzzles and fantastic humor. Obviously no game appeals to all, but it's... really, really good.

MUnited83

For you.
If it's a open beta why do you need a key

Key apparently is to redeem a novice pack. The beta is effectively open and anybody can sign up. And the novice pack key can also be generated at will if you have a account right now anyways so I ended up using the key I won, lol.

Sch1sm

How long does it normally takes for the library in the Steam iOS app to refresh?

I redeemed my Dying Light key in steam on my work pc earlier this morning and I'm trying to install it remotely on my home pc using the ios app but the game is not showing up in my library on the phone.

Should be near instantaneous, really. Long as you've got an Internet connection, it updates soon as you open the app/navigate within it to your profile and then games. Anyway, seems it's not in your library at all unless steamcommunity is confused for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom