• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats the tldr on dragon dogma online?

Okay, I looked at all the details.

Title: Dragon's Dogma Online
Platforms: PS3/PS4/PC
Genre: Action
Price: Free 2 Play (With microtransactions)
Producer: Minae Matsukawa
Director: Kento Kinoshita
Executive Producer: Hiroyuki Kobayashi

The game is an online game with a full open world, a lobby area supporting up to 100 players, and feature ongoing content updates, timed events, etc. Players can form parties of up to 4 players or pawns, and engage on quests. There will also be raid-like events which support up to 8 players at once. There will be quick matching as well.

Sounds pretty much like an online only MMO type game without the full MMO gameplay. Similar to stuff like PSO and Guild Wars.

No western release (yet?)

Backlogger

Wow! Usually go there to check length, anyways. Didn't know the newer versions had it. Nice! :)

According to Jshackles its been there a while, but he has to manually link the Steam app ID to the game on HLTB and its not linked up for every game, which is why I hadn't noticed it before.

Great feature though and if Jshackles has an easy way for someone to help link more games (via spreadsheet or something) I wouldn't mind helping out.

Wok

loQtCdN.png

Yay!

Chariot

is hyperdimension neptunia a turn based rpg?? it would be a hard game for me if i dont play RPGs too often?
Yes. It's a turnbased jrpg. It also involes a bit of grinding, not too much, but I don't think it's easy to just breeze through the story. But it's not really hard.

Neptunia Rebirth actually has a difficulty select.
You unlock it a couple hours into the game. Probably less than that if you rush.

...Just after the one (and only) difficulty spike in the game.
Even then it's nothing that grinding a couple levels won't solve.
Most of the challenge in the game is all of the OP optional fights.

Nep-Nep Rebirth is also one of those games where you can skip EVERYTHING. All cut-scenes, all dialogue, and every little battle animation.

Anyone interested in getting rid of their Kick-ass 2? It's the only game I want off the latest bundlestars.

I could paypal a buck and some change.

Jawmuncher

You unlock it a couple hours into the game. Probably less than that if you rush.

Nep-Nep Rebirth is also one of those games where you can skip EVERYTHING. All cut-scenes, all dialogue, and every little battle animation.

Anyone interested in getting rid of their Kick-ass 2? It's the only game I want off the latest bundlestars.

I could paypal a buck and some change.

Ok that's cool. Will put it on easy when I get to that point just because.

DoubleFine said something about Maniac Mansion coin-op in Day of the Tentacle? Will they mantein it in the remake?
I hope yes, so we can have another great Lucas title on PC.
Wouldn't be surprised if they go for all of the Lucas Arts big deal adventure games that you can't buy anymore. Since its a win/win for everyone but Xbox one it's seems. Disney gets new games to sell and Sony gets console exclusivity.

derExperte

I've yet to see anything from DoA that doesn't make me go 'this looks like shit'. I don't get the excitement. Not one bit.

how about this one specifically :>

the 650 xfx one costs almost 200$ and i don't really have that amount on me

Why XFX? Sounds to me like they're a rip-off. 100$ for a very good 500W PSU should be the limit.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm starting to lose my patience with Zojoi and give up on getting the free copy of Shadowgate and Deja Vu that was promised. I purchased the game on release day, and at first I was just hoping to save a few bucks off the retro bundle they have (I was totally planning on buying the other two games). I held off buying the bundle after they announced that Shadowgate customers would get two of these games automatically. So instead of having to spend $7.19 for the 4 games, I would only have to spend $4.78. Excellent - $2.41 saved! Woohoo!

So anyway, I've emailed the devs but was simply told that if I really had purchased the game before December 5th (I did and had a copy of my purchase email which I forwarded at their request) then I would have the games. I explained that I owned sub 41699, which the retro games were not added, though I still have the MSI install for them in my Shadowgate directory. It looks like they only added the new re-releases to sub 55709, which I do not own but wasn't even created until well after release day.

My advice to devs in situations like this - don't promise your loyal customers something that you can't or aren't willing to deliver on. As such, I'll probably be skipping these re-releases even though I was pretty excited about playing them again. I'm not too miffed about losing out on the potential $2.41 savings, but I feel that after that entire ordeal I'm better off holding on to my cash and giving it to a dev that deserves it more. Which is a shame, because I really loved the Shadowgate remake.

/rant

Chariot

Probably super late lol:

dicfpt.png
No, it's perfect, thank you <3

Eh whatever I'll still get it.
I just have to put more work in or use cheat engine.
Well, it doesn't matter as long as you get it :D

lol kay.

Jesus Christ, most of them are ridiculous and hideous.

Been selling all my cards to reach the $15 for NepuNepu because the kawaii moe uguu is too stronk. Nearly $14 but it's a shame the booster pack creator and such destroyed the value of most cards. Long live Idlemaster though, I can't believe I lived so long without it.

Errrr, aaaanyway, belated thanks for a list of the releases this week, so many heavy hitters and childhood memories coming back (Grim Fandango, Homeworld and apparently others coming!) but I wonder if there will be any surprise releases like Grey Goo, which I only found out it existed last week after I arrived from Japan. (Where I spent some time buying and playing retail PC games on a japanese laptop >__>)

Also, for those who are frequent bundle purcharsers, after a month without checking I found around 30 unredeemed keys spread through accounts. Jeez. Valve's been on a rampage, right? This game count enlarging won't stop! Sitting at 1330...

I'm starting to lose my patience with Zojoi and give up on getting the free copy of Shadowgate and Deja Vu that was promised. I purchased the game on release day, and at first I was just hoping to save a few bucks off the retro bundle they have (I was totally planning on buying the other two games). I held off buying the bundle after they announced that Shadowgate customers would get two of these games automatically. So instead of having to spend $7.19 for the 4 games, I would only have to spend $4.78. Excellent - $2.41 saved! Woohoo!

So anyway, I've emailed the devs but was simply told that if I really had purchased the game before December 5th (I did and had a copy of my purchase email which I forwarded at their request) then I would have the games. I explained that I owned sub 41699, which the retro games were not added, though I still have the MSI install for them in my Shadowgate directory. It looks like they only added the new re-releases to sub 55709, which I do not own but wasn't even created until well after release day.

My advice to devs in situations like this - don't promise your loyal customers something that you can't or aren't willing to deliver on. As such, I'll probably be skipping these re-releases even though I was pretty excited about playing them again. I'm not too miffed about losing out on the potential $2.41 savings, but I feel that after that entire ordeal I'm better off holding on to my cash and giving it to a dev that deserves it more. Which is a shame, because I really loved the Shadowgate remake.

/rant

I got the game on Nov 23rd and I also haven't gotten anything it seems.

I've yet to see anything from DoA that doesn't make me go 'this looks like shit'. I don't get the excitement. Not one bit.

Why XFX? Sounds to me like they're a rip-off. 100$ for a very good 500W PSU should be the limit.

The only reliable PSUs that we can get here in Argentina are XFX and Seasonic, the rest aren't really worthwhile (Sentey, cheap Coolermaster, cheap Thermaltake, etc)

Even those cheap alternatives aren't cheap, they cost almost the same as the XFX or Seasonic ones.
If you want to get a better PSU you are looking at 300 dollars here.

Worst part is that we can't reliably import stuff, because it may get stuck in the customs office (and even if it gets through customs then we'd have to pay 50% more)

The only reliable PSUs that we can get here in Argentina are XFX and Seasonic, the rest aren't really worthwhile (Sentey, cheap Coolermaster, cheap Thermaltake, etc)

Even those cheap alternatives aren't cheap, they cost almost the same as the XFX or Seasonic ones.
If you want to get a better PSU you are looking at 300 dollars here.

Worst part is that we can't reliably import stuff, because it may get stuck in the customs office (and even if it gets through customs then we'd have to pay 50% more)

And don't forget the 35% a$$-reaming tax for using international credit cards. PLUS, the expensive shipping because if you don't make it registered it may never arrive. This is probably one of the few countries where we end up paying 300%+ more for some of these things. Sometimes even more, it's tax over tax over tax into the tax.

Even the cheapest rip offs are expensive here... :(

derExperte

kurt russel (the gaffer, not the actor lol) says they're good

argieland super expensive

Okay, I have no idea about what's available over there so.... I guess.... buy the 500W XFX? That's enough to power a 970 SLI system.

Are you sure those a truly bad? Because PSUs have come a long way and as long as you keep away from the absolute low budget ones (20-30$) most are totally serviceable. Coolermaster and Thermaltake are solid brands for example but again, I don't know which PSUs exactly they're selling in your country.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I got the game on Nov 23rd and I also haven't gotten anything it seems.

Glad to know that I'm not alone in this. From what I can discern from the Steam database, Sub 41699 is the original and current Sub for purchasing Shadowgate directly from Steam. It was created 10 months ago, but it's also the currently available Sub ID for new purchases.

2 months ago they created Sub 55709, and it appears to only have been available to people who purchased Shadowgate outside of Steam (through Humble and perhaps others). People who have this Sub attached to their accounts have received the free games already.

Of course, after explaining all of this to Zojoi I'm met with silence. So ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to my janky euro RPG goodness this weekend with Ravens Cry (assuming it actually comes out even though they are saying it will). If I get a game as fun as Two Worlds 2 (from the same devs) I'll be happy. There's supposedly a linux version coming too.

zkylon

zkylewd
Okay, I have no idea about what's available over there so.... I guess.... buy the 500W XFX? That's enough to power a 970 SLI system.

Are you sure those a truly bad? Because PSUs have come a long way and as long as you keep away from the absolute low budget ones (20-30$) most are totally serviceable. Coolermaster and Thermaltake are solid brands for example but again, I don't know which PSUs exactly they're selling in your country.

my old one was thermaltake

lasted a while

i don't know anything about these things, so i'm going off by what ppl tell me -__-

Glad to know that I'm not alone in this. From what I can discern from the Steam database, Sub 41699 is the original and current Sub for purchasing Shadowgate directly from Steam. It was created 10 months ago, but it's also the currently available Sub ID for new purchases.

2 months ago they created Sub 55709, and it appears to only have been available to people who purchased Shadowgate outside of Steam (through Humble and perhaps others). People who have this Sub attached to their accounts have received the free games already.

Of course, after explaining all of this to Zojoi I'm met with silence. So ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯
I wonder if there's a small market for something like a Steam publishing consultant, that helps indies by handling stuff like inclusions in bundles that make sense, handing out keys after being greenlit and managing subs and promotions and stuff. Probably not, but it's an area lots of indies definitely should work on.

derExperte

my old one was thermaltake

lasted a while

i don't know anything about these things, so i'm going off by what ppl tell me -__-

Even XFX offers a few different 550W ones. With cable management and without for example. Maybe you'd be buying an old one. At least find out the exact model.

jshackles

I wonder if there's a small market for something like a Steam publishing consultant, that helps indies by handling stuff like inclusions in bundles that make sense, handing out keys after being greenlit and managing subs and promotions and stuff. Probably not, but it's an area lots of indies definitely should work on.

I agree. For entirely Valve things (like this is) they have a staff of folks who are basically "vendor support" for publishers and developers who can help them with things like promotions, configuring their store pages, setting up their subscriptions, being issued keys, and things of that nature. But I could definitely see the appeal for a small developer to hire a firm to handle this sort of stuff. It always seems like the developers themselves are handling a lot of these sorts of things when they really should hire someone to do it for them (and PR).

JaseC and I should start a business together doing this.

jshackles

Got a couple of games.

Quote this post to reveal the magic:

Hint: They're from the latest bundlestars.

Grabbed Cloud Chamber (at random lol) which was the only thing I was missing from the bundle. EDIT: actually missing Kick Ass 2 also but I don't think that counts :)

Cheers!

Just played and beat The Old Tree in 11 minutes... it was nice.

Do I add this to my 52 game a year? 11 minutes man....

I had 1 or 2 games last year that were like that. I'm with Turfster, a game is a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom