• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy birthday Jawy!

You look pretty healthy and happy considering you're dealing with deadly chemicals, biochemical hazards, deadly viruses and all kinds of generally horrific stuff :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
PSA: Exodus is currently 30% off. Despite releasing mid-2013, this is the first time it's been on sale since mid-2014 and only the second time overall.

Lain

I was looking if Groupees added keys to some games and noticed an unused key from one of the greenlight bundles. I'm not completely sure that it's really unused, so grab it with the knowledge that it could not work.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Final Dusk -- MB-CD917F70FA9638F8 - Taken by Bayonetta

Teeth

In a way this game feels like a foretelling of what was to come in AAA gaming, in terms of simplifying the gameplay and challenge while artificially increasing playtime through the collection mechanic and quasi-open world. Still, I'm enjoying it but also recognize the

It's so much worse than 95% of AAA games. There is no gameplay in PoP2008. The window for whether you jump, claw or grapple is the entirety of the previous move's animation. You don't have to time anything. If you press the correct button, it auto performs the timing for you. You aren't playing a platformer; you're playing Rock Band with a controller with one note per second with a huge success window.

In something like Uncharted, the game will auto lengthen your jumps to succeed and not let you jump off of a wall if it's going to be to your doom but all of the shooting is completely causal (that's causal, not casual). There is still a portion of the game that is still a game. There is no portion of PoP2008 that is a game. It is pretty Simon. Don't throw all AAA games under its bus. It is the worst offender by far, the second worst is quite a ways up from it.

Unicorn

Oh man, I had no idea that the Skullgirls Beta had access to the unfinished characters. The Beowolf Character is awesome. Also, I fucking love Eliza. So good.

ModBot said:
Instructions for The Reloader:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The Reloader, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shadow Warrior Classic Redux -- MB-3ADF26C95440CDFD - Taken by The Dear Leader. 7 entrants total.
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-42F3BB0AFF1CA6B8 - Taken by Sarcasm. 8 entrants total.

t1420437300z1.png
:)

Hadn't heard of a situation where one werked and the other didn't o_O You're using a dongle?
You'll be glad to know that should you ever wish to start using a DS4 there's a much easier and better solution
yeah. the link in the post from the gaffer was for an old version.
the new version worked super easy and fast.
there should be a thread for xinput.

the ds3 feels so good in my hands. i really like it. hopefully rumble also works now.
ds4 looks super sleak. didn't try it yet and probably will take many, many years till i get a ps4 but i am waiting :)

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

the ds3 feels so good in my hands. i really like it. hopefully rumble also works now.
ds4 looks super sleak. didn't try it yet and probably will take many, many years till i get a ps4 but i am waiting :)

ds3 is awesome. The 360 one is so bulky and uncomfortable to me.

ExoSoul

Banned

Should had figured that was it xD

Who said anything about a PS4? :p
http://dsdcs.com/portfolio/software-development/4-ds4windows
The light bar works (and has custom animations) and you can use the thouchpad as a mouse.

But to be fair I really prefer the sticks and weight of the DS3.

ds3 is awesome. The 360 one is so bulky and uncomfortable to me.
only tried 360 controller many years ago for just a couple minutes. can't really remember. i am used to ps controller since years though, so maybe it's because of that.
the xbone controller looks also sleek but it's hard to make judgement without trying it. i've read about xbox folks being disappointed in it kinda and conversely ps folks being very positively surprised by ds4.
dunno. both look ok.
Should had figured that was it xD

Who said anything about a PS4? :p
http://dsdcs.com/portfolio/software-development/4-ds4windows
The light bar works (and has custom animations) and you can use the thouchpad as a mouse.

But to be fair I really prefer the sticks and weight of the DS3.
wow, they added so many functionalities to the windows ds4 driver. crazy.

Deitus

Hello SteamGAF. I haven't posted in a couple of weeks because for whatever reason I'm awful at keeping up with GAF when I'm out of town. Hope I didn't miss anything too exciting (I did keep up with the Steam sale, but that was pretty disappointing).

What's with the sudden obsession with people's ages?

Edit: Happy Birthday Jawmuncher.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah, I see. I probably missed that info. It's just weird that they're still stating 2014 release even though it's been delayed from months ago. No effort to update the site.

Outdated info is WB's thing. :p Monolith's site still says that WB owns Blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom