• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. For entirely Valve things (like this is) they have a staff of folks who are basically "vendor support" for publishers and developers who can help them with things like promotions, configuring their store pages, setting up their subscriptions, being issued keys, and things of that nature. But I could definitely see the appeal for a small developer to hire a firm to handle this sort of stuff. It always seems like the developers themselves are handling a lot of these sorts of things when they really should hire someone to do it for them (and PR).

JaseC and I should start a business together doing this.
I'd by lying if I said I didn't think of you two when I came up with the idea. Just cut me in or I'll sue you. You can pay me in HuniePop cards.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
>:I

You are not shitting on Plutia, do you?

This abomination?
Pluty.png

Yes.

Well Squenix did say they'd all be out by Spring and I think Summer Solstice is 21st June so by then. Though I bloody well hope not that long. I've been piddling about in Tomb Raider 2013 to get my dress up fix in the mean time. Of course Lightning did have her own Grubby Lara outfit in Returns.

I wish Serah was the protagonist instead, she was more likeable in XIII-2 than Lightning will ever be and at least we'd have a cute character to play dress-up with.

I've been looking at Neptunia gameplay and unfortunately it seems to fall in that category of jrpgs I don't appreciate.

Well, nice. Thanks to all the hackers sending viruses through fake screenshots, I can't shoot anyone on my friendslist a link to an image without either being blocked instantly or being told "NOT CLICKING." even though my images are through Puush.

Do people NOT know what Puush is?!

Chariot

Well, nice. Thanks to all the hackers sending viruses through fake screenshots, I can't shoot anyone on my friendslist a link to an image without either being blocked instantly or being told "NOT CLICKING." even though my images are through Puush.

I am worried about your reputation, my friends usually know that I am not a bot :D

Jawmuncher

*BLOCKED*
People are just too scared. Also I have no clue what push is. But I noticed that the image links are all from uncommon image uploads if they're even image upload sites to begin with.
Sure haven't seen a IMGUR png lead to something bad unless it was a fake imgur like
lmgur with a L

*BLOCKED*
People are just too scared. Also I have no clue what push is. But I noticed that the image links are all from uncommon image uploads if they're even image upload sites to begin with.
Sure haven't seen a IMGUR png lead to something bad unless it was a fake imgur like
lmgur with a L

It's stupid too, because the face screenshot bollocks can't do shit to you unless you actually run the SCR file (Well, unless you're a WinVista or XP scrub).

Miguel81

Getting into my groove in REmake has been a lot of fun, and has officially cured my gaming slump. Switched it up to Type A because the DS4 dpad is great and I still have that muscle memory from playing older titles excessively. About finished up with the mansion, and then onto that dreaded dormitory. The visuals are mostly great, the mansion is beautifully created, and the atmosphere is as thick as I remember it. The emphasis on exploration over combat is a nice change of pace, since my previous play was RE4.

Man, just two years ago I would never have expected to get this particular title on PC/Steam. Bring on Zero and, if possible, Code Veronica X HD!

Turfster

*BLOCKED*
lmgur with a L

A classic is "i.mgurr" or "i.mguur" or another variation thereof

Chariot

Yeah, and, worst of all - I can't share how glorious my internet is without getting blocked for being a hijack bot.

7ee105cbc4.jpg
Well, I recognize that your internet is better than mine. Now I am marginally sadder than I was ten seconds before.

No need for evil. Just make em color match or something.
Iris Heart looks better with her normal boots. But I know that you don't value my fashion opinion :,(

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Well, I recognize that your internet is better than mine. Now I am marginally sadder than I was ten seconds before.

Iris Heart looks better with her normal boots. But I know that you don't value my fashion opinion :,(

I value it and see it so I can ignore it in the future tho. ;)

AHA-Lambda

freshVeggie is a cool duder, he hooked me up with Escape Goat as a belated birthday gift, I've had that game on my wishlist for ages. Really nice surprise to see first thing in the morning (well, afternoon for me).

Same, shout out to Veggie, he gave me Dark Messiah as a belated birthday gift too. Cheers man! ^_^

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I pre-ordered Shadowgate through Zojoi's site/Humble Widget, and just got the retro games added within the last half hour.

I wonder if someone from Zojoi read my rant here and finally fixed it up. It looks like they removed Sub 41699 from the store and added the two new apps to it. They've replaced it with Sub 59618, another new sub for the game that was created about 3 hours ago and was activated about 37 minutes ago now. This is also (presumably) why the game went from being $4.99 to $5.00.

The good news is that if you purchased the game any time before 37 minutes ago, you should also now have the retro games in your library as well.

Sajjaja

Anyone else concerned about The Witcher 3 downgrade? i'm not sure what to think anymore.

Already have the game pre-ordered by the way...

Are you preordering to play the game or are you preordering to jerk off to pretty pictures and benchmarks?

If it's the latter, you're doing it wrong. If it's a good/great game, there should be nothing to worry about aside from optimizations. Either way you're getting a gorgeous game.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The good news is that if you purchased the game any time before 37 minutes ago, you should also now have the retro games in your library as well.

Yeah, I only bought the standard edition of Shadowgate via Humble Bundle during the winter sale, and both retro games just showed up in my library.

Stuff from the Be Mine Bundle here.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deep Dungeons of Doom -- MB-49C995706D429E68 - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.
Cinders -- MB-98A3233103DFA531 - Taken by Jiggaloboy. 3 entrants total.
Sinking Island -- MB-93E2953FE66DB487 - Taken by Abomination. 5 entrants total.
Tex Murphy: Martian Memorandum -- MB-BD1A17FEE5769F65 - Taken by autoduelist. 2 entrants total.
Majestic Nights: Chapter One -- MB-B8C9FED5D2184B47 - Taken by BernardoOne. 1 entrants total.

t1422401824z1.png

derExperte

Anyone else concerned about The Witcher 3 downgrade? i'm not sure what to think anymore.

Already have the game pre-ordered by the way...

Is it a downgrade? A dev commented that some parts will look worse for several reasons while other look much better. I'm okay with what I've seen in the latest gameplay video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom