• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra_Ex

Anyone else concerned about The Witcher 3 downgrade? i'm not sure what to think anymore.

Already have the game pre-ordered by the way...
Nah, it's CDProjekt, looks great to my eyes and you can probably expect a free upgrade to a enhanced edition somewhere down the line. Knowing them they're likely to continue to polish and upgrade it well after release. The story and characters are the important things anyway.

Edit: I am concerned with whether they've filled the world with interesting side quests and meaningful content outside the critical path. Coming off of DAI's filler quest extravaganza, that's a potential concern, but I've had no reason to doubt their ability yet.

Annubis

Why the hell are the gem prices at 50 euro cent. Who can even make money at this point?

2Pg6jLz.jpg

Is it a downgrade? A dev commented that some parts will look worse for several reasons while other look much better. I'm okay with what I've seen in the latest gameplay video.

I also heard that they were running on "high" settings with some features disabled. Not sure why they would, but I heard it. Maybe they are trying to match console graphics so no one is disappointed?

Okay, I have no idea about what's available over there so.... I guess.... buy the 500W XFX? That's enough to power a 970 SLI system.

Are you sure those a truly bad? Because PSUs have come a long way and as long as you keep away from the absolute low budget ones (20-30$) most are totally serviceable. Coolermaster and Thermaltake are solid brands for example but again, I don't know which PSUs exactly they're selling in your country.

They are selling the old Coolermaster and Thermaltake PSUs (and they charge the same for them as they charge for the XFX or Seasonic ones)

You wouldn't believe the kind of crap hardware vendors sell here (and the prices they charge)

Lomax

Anyone else concerned about The Witcher 3 downgrade? i'm not sure what to think anymore.

Already have the game pre-ordered by the way...

Pretty sure that gotten beaten to death back when they released some screenshots with mediocre looking wolves. So long as it looks as good as TW2 (still one of the best looking games out there), I don't see any reason to complain or be concerned. I'm mostly just happy it got delayed because I won't be able to afford a new video card until then.

Grief.exe

Hmm

Dying Light for $12. Tempting as hell, since they finally added a Russian 4 pack.

That is an interesting proposition. From what I have seen so far, Dying Light looks like some mindless fun.

I am somewhat swamped in games right now, but $12 is such a massive discount.

kurahador

Is it a downgrade? A dev commented that some parts will look worse for several reasons while other look much better. I'm okay with what I've seen in the latest gameplay video.
The way I understands it, the cutscenes happen in real-time so any changes to the environment when you trigger one will make some of them looks bad unintentionally.

Sarcasm

Fine I will just wait two years for a sale since the only time I get replied is with an answer that isn't helpful. Yes it says Russian and I never even bought something from there even before this so called steam change happened. So yes I don't know how it all works.

bigzgod

Which has one copy for 599rub which means it should be even cheaper. $12 is how much DL costs in Russia when buying it outside a 4 pack.

Yeah, it's $9 if the packs are evenly split but quite a few Russians want everyone else to pay for their copy, since the 4 pack has to be unpacked to get the other 3 copies to be ROW, hence the $12 per pack. That's not inclusive of any profit margin for the seller, ofc.

Is this..region locked?

It is not region locked but they can put a runtime lock on the game later on, if they so choose.

MUnited83

For you.
So potentially, if one were to activate it outside of Russia prior to a runtime lock, they could still be locked out if one were added later?

That's correct, although that now that the game is released that's marginally less likely to happen. At worst that could happen, but they could be nice guys and just make a new sub instead.(not affecting old purchases)

-Deimos

That's correct, although that now that the game is released that's marginally less likely to happen. At worst that could happen, but they could be nice guys and just make a new sub instead.(not affecting old purchases)

So tempting.....I might bite if someone were to buy a 4-pack, especially since my BB order got delayed until tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom