• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nete

A friend of mine has sent me a Steam gift without letting me know by advance he was going to... and he had no idea about the region-locked restrictions Steam has nowadays. He is from Argentina (so no extra cheap price), I'm from Spain.

I know VPN activation is against Steam TOS, but what are exactly the odds/risks to go that way? Googling a bit seems the bans are mostly when buying using VPN, not just activating.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I know VPN activation is against Steam TOS, but what are exactly the odds/risks to go that way? Googling a bit seems the bans are mostly when buying using VPN, not just activating.

Activating gifts using a VPN is still a relatively new thing. My take on it is thus:

Just a word of warning: Using a VPN to activate region-locked gifts is playing with fire since, from Valve's perspective, you're knowingly circumventing regional restrictions in an attempt to avoid the pricing intended for your Steam Store region. Valve has brought the account restriction hammer down upon those who, for instance, have a history of using a dummy account to buy from the RU store to gift games on the cheap to their main account and getting around the activation lock on gifts is practically no different -- the restriction exists for a reason.

I wouldn't think that Valve's interested in restricting the accounts of those who only do it once or twice, and even if you were caught doing it regularly you could probably get away with a warning if you pleaded ignorance and promised not to do it again, but you never know.

That's strange, my Pillar of Community badge and my Steam Hardware Enthusiast badge have been reset to 0. Anyone else notice that?

Edit: I'm guessing it's related to Tuesday maintenance.
I hope.

That's strange, my Pillar of Community badge and my Steam Hardware Enthusiast badge have been reset to 0. Anyone else notice that?

Oh wow, mine's been broken since they released, and now that I've checked it again it's magically fixed. (It always used to say 0 out of 26 completed, regardless of how many were listed as completed below.)

Hooray!

Kiru

I like the new steamtrades aka steamgifts trade section now. You can now add games you have and want and people will be able to find your thread based on that stuff and not just the thread headline like before. Before the relaunch I had to choose wisely what to put as my thread name there and I couldn't search context based in other people's threads.

Turfster

Edit: I'm guessing it's related to Tuesday maintenance.
I hope.

Looks like they still haven't fixed the bullshit with my rare achievements showcase not showing up.

Anustart

Is there anything I can do with a Galaxy Tab S tablet in regards to steam streaming? I'm trying to figure out if a tablet can do anything that would aid me in any way.

Anyone have a Tab S? Can I create art on it? Stream steam? Anything besides being a hearthstone box?

Nabs

The Lara Croft items are now marketable. You may need to launch TF2 again if you got them a while back. I was able to get 10 bucks for them and the Gat cards.

I guess they've been marketable for a while, but it didn't show until I launched TF2 for the Isaac item.

Uraizen

Banned

That's nice, but what happened to the pre-order tier bonuses? If this was their "talk" about the Steam version for this week then boo, hiss, boo.

I don't really want to hype Neptunia because I can totally understand people that don't like it, but I still want it succeed on steam and get other games too, what a pickle...

I still can't believe I promised you I would buy this.

Arthea

That's nice, but what happened to the pre-order tier bonuses? If this was their "talk" about the Steam version for this week then boo, hiss, boo.

I still can't believe I promised you I would buy this.

I think preoder bonuses are intact, no worries.

Your sacrifice won't be forgotten!
but if you'll hate me afterwards, better don't!
it's RPG and not the easiest one to stomach too
if anything, remember I was one of the first that upvoted Crescent Pale Mist! that should give me some leeway, shouldn't it? (><)

Turfster

Okay, what TF2 upgrade broke it?
I now have a borderless TF2 window in the middle of my screen that's 640x480 =p
Good thing I basically only ran it to check if I had unlocked any other preorder items I might have forgotten about.

bigzgod

Look at the last page? Search for $12.

Also when in doubt: Russia

https://steamdb.info/sub/59561/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/239140/?cc=ru

A 4 pack in Russia is 2399 rubles, which is roughly $35.40 USD. Most Russian traders are asking for $36-$38 for the 3 copies of Dying Light that are given after activating a 4 pack, which are not region locked. That comes out to $12-$13 each.

oh damn son. well my brother wants a copy. so I guess I'm in for 1 copy if anyone is down

So I clicked the russian steam site and now even when I go to steampowered.com everything shows up in russian. I did this once before but totally forgot, how do I set it back to united states?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom